Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
For charging I just use the USB C in the media storage if I want Android Auto, or I use the USB C in the console if I just want charging. Both are far superior to the wireless pad that came with the truck. I can't believe that thing passed engineering testing. In fact it couldn't have. :)
Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
They should just put a mode switch on the wireless pad. It could be useful on long trips to warm up frozen burritos or hot pockets.

• Haha
Reactions: 780

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Yes... I purchased it and it now sits in a box. #1... it doesn't really fit well, I had to shave down the sides... a lot! #2 ... the wireless charging is crappy... it will NOT keep your phone charged.

On a side note...I think that the wireless charging problems may well be an iPhone issue. If I am not using the phone at all (overnight or while it's just sitting on my desk while I work), wireless charging is awesome. But when you have it in your car and you are using it for carplay, navigation, spotify, etc... and you are trying to use wireless charging... it just can't keep up and overheats.

But that is just my opinion... I am a technical person but not an electrical engineer.

-E

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Yes... I purchased it and it now sits in a box. #1... it doesn't really fit well, I had to shave down the sides... a lot! #2 ... the wireless charging is crappy... it will NOT keep your phone charged.

On a side note...I think that the wireless charging problems may well be an iPhone issue. If I am not using the phone at all (overnight or while it's just sitting on my desk while I work), wireless charging is awesome. But when you have it in your car and you are using it for carplay, navigation, spotify, etc... and you are trying to use wireless charging... it just can't keep up and overheats.

But that is just my opinion... I am a technical person but not an electrical engineer.

-E
Good to know. I appreciate the review. I think I'll pass on this.

Sponsored

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I have not seen anyone mention the Boost Auto wireless pad yet. Clean look similar to OEM and cheaper than adding the OEM after purchase. Still not incredibly cheap, but it is currently on sale. I just installed mine today and so far, so good.

https://boostautoparts.com/products...-2021-2022-ford-f150-full-console-door-buster
Looks like a clean product. They advertise "15-watt fast charging". I don't know how they think they can get that by tapping into the USB port power during the install video.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I found a STL on Thingaverse that accepts the 12+ Pro Max phones with a thin case but was setup for an IKEA charger. Took that and modified the design to accept the Yootech 10w charger with a small support try to keep the charger cradle from moving around. Works perfectly too. This one is printed with PETG but not sure how well that will hold up in summer so ABS may be needed.

Ford F-150 Wireless Phone Charging for Lariat and Below Models F150 wireless charger

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I have not seen anyone mention the Boost Auto wireless pad yet. Clean look similar to OEM and cheaper than adding the OEM after purchase. Still not incredibly cheap, but it is currently on sale. I just installed mine today and so far, so good.

https://boostautoparts.com/products...-2021-2022-ford-f150-full-console-door-buster
Where exactly does it go? Since we don’t have the factory charger we don’t have that little raised area that it sits in. Can you show a picture or 2? Their YouTube video shows a Chevy truck which is of no help. Lol.

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L
Where exactly does it go? Since we don’t have the factory charger we don’t have that little raised area that it sits in. Can you show a picture or 2? Their YouTube video shows a Chevy truck which is of no help. Lol.
Go to the link I posted and click on "installation". There you will find an install video with clear shots of the finished product.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Go to the link I posted and click on "installation". There you will find an install video with clear shots of the finished product.
Yep. Thank you just watched it. The only thing I don’t like is the fact you have to tap those 2 wires. I would prefer if they had a harness that you could just plug in and then back into the usb but it’s not bad. I will have to think about it.
Sponsored