Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Been looking for a good solution to have my phone in a holder and charging and not blocking anything. Came up with a nice solution.

I had a MagSafe puck with USB-C so I ordered this holder from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PCNKS1X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I did have to put a little glue on the puck holder to secure the charging puck to the holder. I did notice if I plugged the puck into the USB-C port under the radio I got an error message, guess it was trying to draw too much current. I pulled off the passenger side molding on the console and ran the wire back to the USB-C port under the arm rest, that worked great.

I put some velcro on the base of the holder to hold it in place. It can be folded up and stored out of the way if not using, and when in use the sliding cover closes. Seems to work great with Waze, map is on truck screen, turns on Phone. The trick is getting waze to rotate, seems to work best if I start Waze on the phone before starting the truck put the phone in place sideways, then start truck and open CarPlay.

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 1

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 2

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 3

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 4

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 5

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 6

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 7

Ford F-150 Wireless charger, Holder for MagSafe iPhone for my Lariat 8
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
HSV_MIkeJ

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Just thought about the last picture. It shows how crazy Nav programs can be. Everytime I start Waze at my house, it says to turn right out of my driveway, make that loop, then drive back past my house :)

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Looks great. Too bad they don’t make a black MagSafe charger.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
This is an interesting idea. I kinda want a similar thing. I need to find someone who does 3D printing. I’d like a holder for the puck but then wedged shape so that I can just drop my phone kinda down in there out of the way. I don’t need to see the phone with CarPlay.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
This is an interesting idea. I kinda want a similar thing. I need to find someone who does 3D printing. I’d like a holder for the puck but then wedged shape so that I can just drop my phone kinda down in there out of the way. I don’t need to see the phone with CarPlay.
Just buy one of these for your console. Has a hole to run the cord through and leave the magsafe puck in the bigger of the 2 compartments. Put your phone on it when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/SENSHINE-Org...=1672231348&sprefix=b09dyh4rqn,aps,108&sr=8-1

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Just buy one of these for your console. Has a hole to run the cord through and leave the magsafe puck in the bigger of the 2 compartments. Put your phone on it when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/SENSHINE-Organizer-Accessories-Interior-Secondary/dp/B09DYH4RQN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=AEUDXCE6Z57P&keywords=B09DYH4RQN&qid=1672231348&sprefix=b09dyh4rqn,aps,108&sr=8-1
Funny you mention that. I already have a similar device that has a built in charging pad that I really like but here is the only problem. Since it’s in the center console and sorta hidden away. My dumb ass gets out of truck a lot of times and forget phone. 🙄😂 cause I don’t see it. I kinda thought if it was more in view maybe that would help but I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️ or maybe I’m just getting old. 😂😂