First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
So I got this recall in the mail for my 22 tremor but my truck was built at Dearborn, which I believe is the one place they used different wipers so I shouldn't be affected.
Sponsored

plancjo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
RE
22 powerboost platinum Jan 22 delivery - My wipers motor stopped working during a decent rain. I called autonation and they said they couldn’t do anything until June. I called ford corporate and they said I had to take it to a dealer and leave it before they would get me a rental. I called a few other dealers and got the same answer about not being able to fix it.

Then I took it to a family owned dealership in town to get the diagnosis so ford would escalate my case - the local dealership had a replacement in stock and said that no one knew why they had it or where it came from. They put it in the truck that afternoon and I left. The service supervisor joked that i needed to leave quickly before someone tried to take it out of my truck.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Thought I'd add my experience here in case anybody is curious.

I received the wiper motor recall notice about a month ago stating that Ford would reach back out when parts became available in the fall. Had my truck in for an oil change today, and the recall popped up on their system. I guess they had the replacement in stock, because they went ahead and performed the recall today. The service report states that they replaced the motor, and I confirmed that they were definitely working on the wipers due to the slight cowl misalignment and smudges on the windshield. So I guess some dealers do have these motors floating around? I never had a problem with my old wiper motor in 11,000 miles, but I guess it was at risk of failing.

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
My wiper motor recall is going to be 1 year old this month. I’ve received the same letter from Ford three times since then, but still no replacement is available unless as the service manager at my dealer says it’s inoperable, which then they’ll contact the factory as a emergency situation. Fortunately, it has worked fine since day one. The latest now is hopefully I should be contacted by the end of quarter one this year….we’ll see.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I received the wiper motor recall notice for my truck that I bought in April of 2022. I cannot drive in the rain or even use wiper cleaning solution without a wiper motor so to me it makes the truck unsafe to drive. Limiting my driving to dry weather conditions around my house is why it has less than 3,000 miles on the odometer.

Paying $63,000 for a truck and the manufacturer not bothering to fix a serious safety defect is why I have avoided buying trucks made by U.S. companies. Evidently I should have bought a 2022 Tundra instead of a F-150 pickup. Next truck I buy will not be one from Ford.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I received the wiper motor recall notice for my truck that I bought in April of 2022. I cannot drive in the rain or even use wiper cleaning solution without a wiper motor so to me it makes the truck unsafe to drive. Limiting my driving to dry weather conditions around my house is why it has less than 3,000 miles on the odometer.

Paying $63,000 for a truck and the manufacturer not bothering to fix a serious safety defect is why I have avoided buying trucks made by U.S. companies. Evidently I should have bought a 2022 Tundra instead of a F-150 pickup. Next truck I buy will not be one from Ford.
Take it to the dealer and have them perform the recall. The parts are available. Mine was done the beginning of May when I took my truck in for an oil change. My dealer had the parts sitting on the shelf.

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Received the wiper recall notice on my 2022 F150 Platinum. Called my dealership to make appointment for repair and was told Ford recommended not fixing it until it stops working. Also got the notice about the light flickering recall and was told the same thing they won't fix until it does it.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Didn’t have a problem with parts on the wiper recall when I took the truck in for winter to summer tire change over. Both the arms and the motor were replaced. Had them replace the blades at the same time as they were over two years old and winter is hard here on blades . Still getting the recall notices from Ford. Got my 3rd one not long after the dealer did the work.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
What dumb advice to wait until you have the wiper motor fail and then die in a crash when you have no way to see through the windshield. Makes sense for Ford as they would rather use the motors they do have on new trucks coming off the assembly lines in Mexico.

As of July 3, the motor is on backorder with no ETA of when it might be available. I have avoided driving my truck when there is a chance of rain and not used it for any trips since buying the truck in May of 2022. After 12 months of owning the truck the mileage is at 2,640 miles.

The only bright side is that my 2022 truck is covered by my state's Lemon Law and so I have submitted a claim to Ford to buy back the truck. The only way it seems to get a new wiper motor is to buy a new truck.

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
What dumb advice to wait until you have the wiper motor fail and then die in a crash when you have no way to see through the windshield. Makes sense for Ford as they would rather use the motors they do have on new trucks coming off the assembly lines in Mexico.

As of July 3, the motor is on backorder with no ETA of when it might be available. I have avoided driving my truck when there is a chance of rain and not used it for any trips since buying the truck in May of 2022. After 12 months of owning the truck the mileage is at 2,640 miles.

The only bright side is that my 2022 truck is covered by my state's Lemon Law and so I have submitted a claim to Ford to buy back the truck. The only way it seems to get a new wiper motor is to buy a new truck.
Maximum trolling!

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150

Maybe find a different dealer. Wiper motors are not on national back order and are readily available. Why wait 14 months to get it fixed?

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Reading comprehension is not a strong suit for some of the posters. I received the recall notice in January of 2023 and so as of June 29, 2023 it has been 5 months and not 12 months. Simple math for most. but evidenly not for all.

I contacted Ford Customer Care and two dealers' parts departments and was told by all 3 sources that the part was not availble. Clearly Ford is dribbling out the motors that are not scheduled for use at the assembly plants but is not providing them in quantities sufficient for their dealers. I have an order in place for weeks at my local dealer and have not been notified that it has arrived or even been shipped out.

I worked for more than 20 years as an IT consultant with Fortune 100 manufacturers and wholesale distribution and so I know how the supply chain works and where it is vulnerable. Just in time does not work when there are hundreds of thousands of vehicles with the same part defect.

New wiper motors can either go in a new truck or be sent to a dealer to be used for an existing customer. New trucks add to the profits unlike warranty repairs for trucks already sold by dealers which reduce Ford's profits.

This applies to all the auto manufacturers to one degree or another. After 7 years waiting for a replacement Takata air bag inflator, which has killed passegers and severely injured drivers from shrapnel, I finally sold my Chevy truck. At least with my Chevy truck there was a way to disable the passenger air bag to reduce the risk of killing someone outright.

The Takata inflator might cause serious injury after a collision but a wiper motor failure could easily cause a collision and a fatal one for the driver and their passengers and fellow motorists on the highway.

As with the defective gas caps on the Ford Pinto and the bad gas tank design on the Ford Crown Vic police cars, the accountants decided that it cost less to pay out for any lawsuits than to take action and recall the vehicles to protect their customers.

Ford dragged its feet for more than 5 years in the 1990's when hundreds of people died as a result of the Firestone tire failures on Ford light trucks and its Explorer that used the Ford Ranger undercarriage as a cost cutting measure. Profits over people is what capitalism is all about.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just talked to my dealer about this recall and parts. Was told that the motors are very very slowly coming in. He has only seen a few.
Sponsored