First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Anyone get notified of this recall? Looks like it was just reissued. Got mine done last year with the original recall.

WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR REPLACEMENTRecall Incomplete
Details

Issue Date
2023-01-09
Description
ON YOUR VEHICLE, THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE, OR CAUSE THE WIPERS TO OPERATE ERRATICALLY AND OR STOP WORKING.
Safety Risk
AN INOPERATIVE WIPER MOTOR HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR REDUCED VISIBILITY OR LOSS OF VISIBILITY IN CERTAIN CONDITIONS, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy
FORD MOTOR COMPANY IS WORKING CLOSELY WITH ITS SUPPLIERS TO PRODUCE PARTS FOR THIS REPAIR. WHEN PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE, FORD MOTOR COMPANY WILL NOTIFY YOU VIA MAIL TO SCHEDULE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DEALER FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR, FREE OF CHARGE - PARTS AND LABOR. PARTS ARE ANTICIPATED TO BE AVAILABLE IN THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2023. IF A CONCERN OCCURS WITH THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS BEFORE THIS TIME, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DEALER FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.
Campaign/NHTSA#
22S71/22S71
Sponsored

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
Anyone get notified of this recall? Looks like it was just reissued. Got mine done last year with the original recall.

Details

Issue Date
2023-01-09
Description
ON YOUR VEHICLE, THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE, OR CAUSE THE WIPERS TO OPERATE ERRATICALLY AND OR STOP WORKING.
Safety Risk
AN INOPERATIVE WIPER MOTOR HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR REDUCED VISIBILITY OR LOSS OF VISIBILITY IN CERTAIN CONDITIONS, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy
FORD MOTOR COMPANY IS WORKING CLOSELY WITH ITS SUPPLIERS TO PRODUCE PARTS FOR THIS REPAIR. WHEN PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE, FORD MOTOR COMPANY WILL NOTIFY YOU VIA MAIL TO SCHEDULE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DEALER FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR, FREE OF CHARGE - PARTS AND LABOR. PARTS ARE ANTICIPATED TO BE AVAILABLE IN THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2023. IF A CONCERN OCCURS WITH THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS BEFORE THIS TIME, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DEALER FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.
Campaign/NHTSA#
22S71/22S71
Just wow. I hope it is not really back and that somehow you were mistakenly sent this recall notice

OP
OP
BHunted1

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had it replaced from the first recall last year. I got a call in to my service rep.
Got to be a mistake....

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Same component maybe a different issue but... I finally had to use my wipers (yes first time truck saw rain in TX) and wow, whine, wipe, whine, wipe, repeat.

Do any of these wiper motor recalls address this symptom?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired

Details

Issue Date
2023-01-09
Description
Safety Risk
Remedy
Campaign/NHTSA#
22S71/22S71
I got a recall on my 2021 FX4 today for wiper motor

OP
OP
BHunted1

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Does it say what build dates are affected?

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Same just checked ford pass. I have a 22 up to this point wipers working fine lol
Ford F-150 Wiper Recall is back. 32437584-38ED-40C8-89A3-B7E2882AF1B6

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Just looked up ntsa and it shows no recalls for mine but who knows
Ford F-150 Wiper Recall is back. F5937A36-9129-42FE-B5BF-C4AAD378D51B

Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
I think it's legit as a couple folks recently mentioned that they were unable to take delivery of thier new truck due to an outstanding wiper recall.

Ford F-150 Wiper Recall is back. Screenshot_20230112_104907_Chrome

Last edited:
OP
OP
BHunted1

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think it's legit as a couple folks recently mentioned that they were unable to take delivery of thier new truck due to an outstanding wiper recall.
That's new. Mine is a '21... with a Feb 2021 build date.
It's possible that Ford effed up. I just checked the NHTSA web site and mine shows no recalls as well.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Mine is an April 14, 2021 build and nothing YET...that could change.

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

Details

Issue Date
2023-01-09
Description
Safety Risk
Remedy
Campaign/NHTSA#
22S71/22S71
In the meantime, carry a really big rag with you until the 3rd quater 2023

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew

Details

Issue Date
2023-01-09
Description
Safety Risk
Remedy
Campaign/NHTSA#
22S71/22S71
Got an oil change at the dealer on 12/20 and asked my service rep if I was on the recall. He looked it up and said I originally was but then was removed. That was good news! But after reading a couple of threads here about it, I rechecked my ford.com account and the recall popped back up this week. I texted my service rep and he confirmed I'm back on. Not exactly sure how or why that can happen, but whatever. He copied and pasted Ford's latest edict on the matter: "Parts are not yet available to repair all vehicles. Until parts are available to repair all vehicles, dealers may only order parts and repair vehicles with an inoperable wiper motor."

Good luck to us all until summer! 😂
Sponsored