Sponsored

Why no Black Appearance Package available with 6.5 ft bed?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
There is already only 1 engine that you can get the dual exhaust on with the BAP (3.5L Ecoboost?). All others get the side exit single exhaust. I don't think it has to do with the exhaust.
Yes, I think even Ford could figure out how to add 12" to an exhaust pipe if they wanted to. I haven't looked but I assume Ford dual exhaust is still just 1 resonator, 1 muffler and then splits into two outlets?
Sponsored

twturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 150 Leadfoot
Occupation
contractor
On a side note, I too looked around at some local dealers. What I found was a 2022 Platinum, all options (almost) but had the 5.5 Ft bed, non BAP. I loved the seats, retractable plus massage, the full blue cruise, 360, all of it. What kept me from that was the dealer asking $5000 more than the MSRP. MSRP was $74,554, they wanted $79,554. I tried to get it for MSRP, which is more than I have ever paid for a vehicle, they wouldn't do it, but came down to $2000 over MSRP. Thank the Lord and the internet because I was able to order a 2023, with most options, the longer bed and saved around $11,000 with taxes and fees. Granted, I have to travel a couple hundered miles, but who wouldn't for 11K. What has happened to American Pride? Dang greedy *******
Where you able to order a 2023 with massage seats ? that alone has searching for a 2022 as i really want the Mcs massage seats, but saw a thread where it's not available for any 2023 modes which is BS

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
Oh yeah, ordered on 8/1/22 and can't wait.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy
Nope, had to go without the seats, park assist, and something else. This was the first time I ever heard of ordering from the factory, but not sure why we can't order what we want. I know, let the chips fall where they may, or may not if we don't have any chips. Dang it, just glad Chip Giles was around with Granger to help get my 2023 on order.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I share this frustration but it's not a new frustration for me. Years ago I wanted an F-150 3.0L diesel with the Special Edition appearance package and that wasn't available, I figured it was due to the different gauge cluster. I can't see any financial reason why Ford wouldn't offer the newest BAP with a 157"WB other than the 145"WB trucks being cheaper to build - Probably the same reason why the Tremor, Rattler, Heritage, Limited and almost every other "above the norm" package is only available in a CCSB. I understand the economics of limiting configurations to maximize profits and subsequently upsetting a very small number of customers.

In the end I ordered a BAP with the glorified trunk. I figured I could forego the extra foot of bed space because I don't really "need" the longer bed, I just prefer the way it looks. Bottom line for me was that the visual upgrades of the BAP spoke louder than the better proportions of the CC 6'5" bed. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Yes, I think even Ford could figure out how to add 12" to an exhaust pipe if they wanted to. I haven't looked but I assume Ford dual exhaust is still just 1 resonator, 1 muffler and then splits into two outlets?
My point was that I don't believe the exhaust is the limiting factor here because of the 4 engine options on the 5.5' bed they only offer dial exhaust on 1 of them.

They could easily just say no dual exhaust on any BAP with a 6.5' bed.

Honestly, I don't believe there are really any good reasons why they don't offer it except that Ford just does weird crap like this sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy
🤷‍♂️ Beat the firetruck out of me

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Real question here is why can't you get BAP on a 4x2 with any EB?

Having done MRP on a small scale, I get why sometimes you just draw the line somewhere.

I would like a Raptor EB and drivetrain in my HDPP Limited, please.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy
My response is: Refer to Franks response above. ????????? I guess Ford doesn't need a reason, they just do the weird stuff. I guess there really are some things money can't buy. Go figure

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
well even still, you'd have to source the bumper from a BAP and the dual exhaust or at this point, aftermarket and still have that with the 6.5" bed. just whining simply b/c i wanted it haha but wanted the 6.5" bed just a tad more.

though, on a side note, wish we could spec the tinted/blacked out headlights/taillights like BMW lets you do as an option.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Navy