First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
This is a let down for the Platty BAP guys. Like we couldn’t get the Platinum grille pained gloss black ?
Or Satin black, maybe with some gloss black accents (I've been really into Satin black for some reason lately)
Sponsored

RapidRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Network Administrator
Buy a platinum grille and sell the BAP grille. Problem solved. A lot easier and cheaper than getting rid of all the cheap looking plastic chrome.
I don't believe you can swap the grill out. If you notice the Tremor hood is flat across the front. The Platinum hood has an upward indention in the middle of the hood. So the way I see it the Platinum grill extends a little into the hood space if it's flat.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I don't believe you can swap the grill out. If you notice the Tremor hood is flat across the front. The Platinum hood has an upward indention in the middle of the hood. So the way I see it the Platinum grill extends a little into the hood space if it's flat.
Just to emphasize your point. From left to right, Tremor, Lariat (with a vinyl mod to look like Tremor), Platinum
Ford F-150 Black Appearance Package, Black Platinum F-150 1649445192271

So I feel like you could put the platinum on a Lariat, I don't think you could put it on a Tremor :(

Last edited:

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
I saw this on the dealer lot this week and thought I'd share a few pics. Looks pretty sharp. This is an Agate Black Platinum 3.5L. I like the 'Tremor' bumper/exhaust look.
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg
IMG_2231.jpeg
Tremor hood also.

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
That's what I get for repeating unverified claims lol.

Even more shameful of Ford to copy paste the same grille across trims then. Would love to know wtf they're thinking.
I agree. They consider it a "special edition" then clone it on non special editions.

Sponsored

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I was told numerous times, with certainty that they won't interchange yet not one of them could validate their claim with proof. Meanwhile... I can disprove everyone saying it can't be done... 100% plug and play

Ford F-150 Black Appearance Package, Black Platinum F-150 20220405_092210

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Just to emphasize your point. From left to right, Tremor, Lariat (with a vinyl mod to look like Tremor), Platinum
1649445192271.png

So I feel like you could put the platinum on a Lariat, I don't think you could put it on a Tremor :(
I just posted a pic showing that you can

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I just posted a pic showing that you can
That is some odd optical illusion then. I mean you can see why we would they they would not, right? You can't blame anyone for thinking that when you see them side by side.

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
That is some odd optical illusion then. I mean you can see why we would they they would not, right? You can't blame anyone for thinking that when you see them side by side.
The top line of the Tremor and Lariat grille is 100% why I realized it was possible. Compare how high they are over the headlights and how far forward they go. Then I figured might as well order the limited grille because XL thru limited all trim the same hood. The thing that annoys me is all the people that say with the utmost certainty is that it won't fit when they haven't even tried it. When people (like you) say "I don't think it will fit" I'm fine with that.

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
I was told numerous times, with certainty that they won't interchange yet not one of them could validate their claim with proof. Meanwhile... I can disprove everyone saying it can't be done... 100% plug and play

20220405_092210.jpg
Can you educate me on what you did here? Your truck is a tremor and you swapped the original grill out for a sport appearance package grille?

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Can you educate me on what you did here? Your truck is a tremor and you swapped the original grill out for a sport appearance package grille?
Not my truck, but that is a Tremor with a Platinum grill put on it (and the bottom is it with the grill painted matte black)

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
This is awesome! I was wondering if they would simply overlap a little of the top. Great pics, and nice truck!

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Not my truck, but that is a Tremor with a Platinum grill put on it (and the bottom is it with the grill painted matte black)
Thank you! I have a Platinum BAP coming. I'm already star struck and she'll be beautiful to me. But I am planning on tinting the front windows to match the factory tint on the back.

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I bolted a limited grille onto my truck to basically prove everyone wrong that kept saying that only the Tremor grille will work and they can't be swapped. After spending about 10 minutes looking at it, I was confident enough to spend $1000 on a limited grille and installed it. Not one single modification, trimming out anything was needed. One thing I've found is that a very small percentage of people on forums/pages actually know what they're talking about, yet the vast majority feel the need to chime in with regurgitated comments that their brothers, neighbors, friends favorite salesman said when trying to sell a truck.

Tufftruck79

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
This is awesome! I was wondering if they would simply overlap a little of the top. Great pics, and nice truck!
Not sure if that was directed at my truck, but thank you if it was! As far as the overlap, here is a better pic that you can zoom in on.

Ford F-150 Black Appearance Package, Black Platinum F-150 Screenshot_20220412-001053_Gallery
Sponsored