Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - still no build date

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I ordered and confirmed on October 15, 2021 and still no build date.

Lariat, 502a, Black Appearance Package, FX4, 5.0, tow tech package, bed utility package, 3.73, 36 gallon tank, work surface, under back seat storage

If anyone can share any insight on why I have seen others order a Black appearance package this year and already have a build date?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I ordered a 2022 Powerboost Lariat, black package, 4X2. Ordered it on 2/14, got the email Friday it's going to be built the week of 4/18.
Congrats, good to know they are rolling out black appearance packages like they are. You got your build date pretty fast!

Hopefully I’ll get the ticket soon lol

txjustin

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None at the moment
My build date was last week. Still processing.

BAP, XLT, fx4, etc

Sponsored

Mug Costanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
Congrats, good to know they are rolling out black appearance packages like they are. You got your build date pretty fast!

Hopefully I’ll get the ticket soon lol
I was starting to think it was going to be a lot longer, but I've never done this so don't know what to expect really.

Anyone know the typical time from build date to driving it off the lot? My dealer has to add a few things like bed liner and window tint so I imagine that adds a week or two at least, but just wondering what that window has been like for folks on here.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I was starting to think it was going to be a lot longer, but I've never done this so don't know what to expect really.

Anyone know the typical time from build date to driving it off the lot? My dealer has to add a few things like bed liner and window tint so I imagine that adds a week or two at least, but just wondering what that window has been like for folks on here.
In normal times you typically would get a truck built in 2-3 months.. depending on the trim and options… but we aren’t in normal times lol that’s why it is taking so long ugh!

Bed liner and tint installed at dealer unless they are crazy busy can be done same day or in a couple of days. Just depends on scheduling.

Tint only takes hour plus and bed liner is 2-3 hours well done

Mug Costanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat Powerboost
In normal times you typically would get a truck built in 2-3 months.. depending on the trim and options… but we aren’t in normal times lol that’s why it is taking so long ugh!

Bed liner and tint installed at dealer unless they are crazy busy can be done same day or in a couple of days. Just depends on scheduling.

Tint only takes hour plus and bed liner is 2-3 hours well done
So if my build date is week of 4/18, you're saying 2-3 months AFTER that? Yikes. I figured the longest part of the wait was just getting it in to the schedule, and once you hit the build date it moves pretty quick.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
So if my build date is week of 4/18, you're saying 2-3 months AFTER that? Yikes. I figured the longest part of the wait was just getting it in to the schedule, and once you hit the build date it moves pretty quick.
No I meant it was taking 2 to 3 months during normal times when you ordered to getting a build date to it being built entirely.

Now it’s take 7 months to get a build date then once you get one who knows how long till you get it, normally once you get a build date it shouldn’t take that long… there’s no exact date right now.
Sponsored