Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
Yes I realize, that's why it was ticking down. Above 75 my mileage ranges from 22-19 depending on average speed. It's an inverse thing. Speed vs MPG. The beauty of the PB drivetrain is my mpg improves once I come off the ramp. It's actually better at tooling around town than my Outback lol.
That’s not bad. The only other stickler for me is the smaller tank. Wish the 36 gallon tank was offered in the 157” at least. Regardless, if I can get 19-20 mpg will cruising at 79-80 mph and go 700 miles without fueling up, I’d be happy. As of now, anything is an improvement over what I’m getting with my current truck.
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
That’s not bad. The only other stickler for me is the smaller tank. Wish the 36 gallon tank was offered in the 157” at least. Regardless, if I can get 19-20 mpg will cruising at 79-80 mph and go 700 miles without fueling up, I’d be happy. As of now, anything is an improvement over what I’m getting with my current truck.
My a$$ gets a touch of the cramp long before 700 miles lol. Fortunately my wife likes to stop and walk the dogs around every few hours so I pretend I can just keep going and going ;)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I drove a Gen13 KingRanch 3.5 Ecoboost with a 36 gallon tank for just short of 4 years.
I too was disappointed to discover my new KingRanch Powerboost was limited to 30 gallons.

But well over a year into it, I now know that I didn't give up a single mile in range. It's almost identical, in fact. In real life driving for me, I actually get between 0-30 more miles out of the 30 Gallon tank than I did with the 36.

If someone who knows me and my trucks asks "so how much better gas mileage do you get with your Powerboost", I reply "about 6 gallons better". 🤣

1Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Fx4
Ok, I drive like a madman and can't/don't want to take it out of SPORT mode and get around 15 mpg.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I drove a Gen13 KingRanch 3.5 Ecoboost with a 36 gallon tank for just short of 4 years.
I too was disappointed to discover my new KingRanch Powerboost was limited to 30 gallons.

But well over a year into it, I now know that I didn't give up a single mile in range. It's almost identical, in fact. In real life driving for me, I actually get between 0-30 more miles out of the 30 Gallon tank than I did with the 36.

If someone who knows me and my trucks asks "so how much better gas mileage do you get with your Powerboost", I reply "about 6 gallons better". 🤣
You know it's 5.9 gallons better silly, 6 just sounds better;)

Sponsored

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
I found an app that seems to promise almost 20% in fuel economy. 😃
Which is amazing since my Powerboost has proved to be about a 20-25% increase in fuel economy over my 2018 KingRanch Ecoboost 3.5 that I previously drove for just short of 4 years.

Anyways, the app....
It's one of those insurance company tattle tail apps. I've been with the same insurer since 2001 and May 25th is the 6 month renewal date. I called my long time gal who has been putting up with me forever and told her I'm officially a senior citizen this month and that I think I should consider being frugal, just to see what it feels like.
She informed me that I'm already treated like royalty and that the only advice she had for cutting costs was to get rid of some toys. 🙄

I replied back "is there any other options?"

She thought for a second and then said "I know you don't have any claims. I don't think you have ever had a claim since you been with me. But how do you drive? I mean, do you drive crazy? I SEE you have 2 little sports cars"

I told her I drive like the old man that I am. Why?

Then she described the app.
In short, it's not very sophisticated.
It will consider over 80mph as a problem.
It will be concerned with serious braking. (I can't have the thing in the Porsche or the Mazdarati)
It doesn't like bar closing hours. (I'm in bed way before such)
But what it absolutely does NOT like is you touching the phone.

I've got 7 "trips" under my belt with it.
I haven't changed my speed at all. (it allows up to 10mph over the limit before scoring your speed as "an event")
The only thing I've changed is I am meticulously smooooooooth at everything I do. It's kind of fun! A challenge. To see if I can finish a trip without an event.

So far perfect scores every leg.
My daily commute is 23 miles each way. I average ~22 mpg, so sometimes 21.x and sometimes 22.x

But now? Concentrating on being smooooooooth?

Trip1 home today:

20230518_153449.jpg

Trip home yesterday (first trip with the app)

20230517_163145.jpg
Just took a trip from Melbourne fl. to just south of palm beach round trip 250 miles all on 95. I have a 2022 2x4 with long bed stock tires no lift. I reset indicator before start, left with full battery and warmed up truck. I drove at 72 but would speed up as conditions warranted dropping back when safe to get in a slower lane. When I pulled in drive way I showed 28.2. I got really good mileage from Aussie in back, only one handful of treats. I wonder if the App knows when i reach back with treat or to give a pat.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Congrats on your recent retirement Matt! Next time post pics of dog.

p.s. So you're the guy going 72 on 95 lol. I do that too, but it is only for a moment on the access ramp...

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
Congrats on your recent retirement Matt! Next time post pics of dog.

p.s. So you're the guy going 72 on 95 lol. I do that too, but it is only for a moment on the access ramp...
I do try and go 72 but not in left lane. Truthfully it takes a lot of concentration just staying out of peoples way. Do I wish people would slow down? Yes but I realize I am minority so I try and give right of way and will speed up to 76-78 if I see someone on the gas behind me so no rear enders and " encourage them to pas me on left then when "safe" to bring it back down. One thing nice about the powerboost is I can increase my speed at the drop of a hat even in eco and sport is just one click away. Now dont think I drive in eco all the time but when in sport I just chose to put tape over mileage. I do prefer to drive in eco mode though. In town for me with my little stock skinny tires and no full time 4x4 its on the verge of spining out in turns.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I do try and go 72 but not in left lane. Truthfully it takes a lot of concentration just staying out of peoples way. Do I wish people would slow down? Yes but I realize I am minority so I try and give right of way and will speed up to 76-78 if I see someone on the gas behind me so no rear enders and " encourage them to pas me on left then when "safe" to bring it back down. One thing nice about the powerboost is I can increase my speed at the drop of a hat even in eco and sport is just one click away. Now dont think I drive in eco all the time but when in sport I just chose to put tape over mileage. I do prefer to drive in eco mode though. In town for me with my little stock skinny tires and no full time 4x4 its on the verge of spining out in turns.
I was kidding around. I think it's great you drive so conscientiously, and I'm not a super fast driver either most days. Normal mode and mid seventies for me, but I do get claustrophobic when vehicles bunch up and I like to drive in the clear if possible. As you said, this powerplant makes those moves effortless 👍

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I now have approx. 25,000 miles on my Lariat Powerboost and I have more of heavy foot. It seems that a mix of miles being local and hwy miles is around 21 mpg. Fill up I get around 600 miles per/tank. This is way better than my 2010 F-150.

fordboost

First Name
tdot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 boost
i am getting 11L/100KM , which according to google is 25.6 MPG . this is an equal amount of city and highway driving.
i can use a lot more electric coasting in the city.
but i expect a true highway trip to be better on gas as the reading goes down.

I wish the truck had a fuel used reading on the trip. it was much easier to plan my trips to the fuel station knowing exactly how many litres of fuel i burned.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
If you go into Engineering mode (Press and hold "OK" button on steering wheel, Start truck), It will tell you the amount of fuel used in each of your 2 trip meters.
Cool tip sir 👍

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
In the spirit of science, knowledge and discovery, I drove it like Andretti to work this morning and posted really awful mpg figures and a huge smile on my face.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? bad mileage
Sponsored