Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I usually drive 5-15 miles over the limit and been getting 21-22mpg. On my drive home from work today, I went between 5 under and the actual limit. Wow, what a difference.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 1685651834363
Sponsored

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
I usually drive 5-15 miles over the limit and been getting 21-22mpg. On my drive home from work today, I went between 5 under and the actual limit. Wow, what a difference.

1685651834363.png
Yep - there was a reason the "national speed limit" (for those of us old enough to remember that) was 55mph in the US.

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
I have been playing with the Sport mode vs. the Eco mode, and there is a very real difference in real world economy, even when driven exactly the same. Seems to be a minimum of a 3mpg difference. The Sport mode is a lot more fun however!

One solution I've considered is just running Sport mode in town and Eco mode on road trips.

Is there any way to make the truck remain in the same mode that it was in when it was shut off last?

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
I have been playing with the Sport mode vs. the Eco mode, and there is a very real difference in real world economy, even when driven exactly the same. Seems to be a minimum of a 3mpg difference. The Sport mode is a lot more fun however!

One solution I've considered is just running Sport mode in town and Eco mode on road trips.

Is there any way to make the truck remain in the same mode that it was in when it was shut off last?
Doesn't Sport mode lock out the electric motor?

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
I have been going back and forth with Normal and Eco modes using one tank of gas at a time. I get a smudge better mileage with Normal mode as long as I use a feather touch on the accelerator and drive just slow enough to not slow traffic. Normal round trip from work gets a consistent 26 - 28 MPG which I have been logging daily. Lately I have been recordig the indicated mileage at arrival, then forcing the engine idle to record the mileage when the engine shuts off after battery charge. It's typically at least 1.5 MPG lower

TheArborist

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Explorer ST
Work setup: Leitner cargo system, Front Runner roof rack, Decked tool boxes, 2" level, air bags, heavy 34" Wrangler Duratracs and lots of tools!

At almost 12,500 miles I've settle to about 13.5 mpg at 75 mph and 17.5 mpg at 65 mph.

I lost about 1.5 mpg with the tire on the roof rack so I've left the mounts and moved the tire back to the box so I can throw it up there quick if I need the box space

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20230212_180327

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
So last night on my bi monthly drive across Texas, I reset my lie-o-meter every time my driving circumstances materially changed (I leave the trip meter running so I get a complete average). I got 18 total, but that varied from 16.5 at 75 MPH by myself up to 21.5 sustained at 67-69 behind an 18 wheeler. Some trucks go SLOW, and at 63-65 I can get 23 but usually not more sustained without a tail wind.

This truck has tow mirrors, stock size BFG KO2s at 40 PSI with lighter than stock Weld wheels, my junk for working for a month, me, a portable fridge in the rear seat area (which worked AWESOME on this its first trip), recovery gear and a full sized spare in the bed, a cell booster in place of the radio antenna and a big Fab Fours grillguard/bumper combo. She is NOT a svelte girl, so I'm pretty happy with the mileage.

capetownkg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, Lariat, PowerBoost, SuperCrew, 6.5’
Just got back from a camp trip from WV. Going i forgot to take a picture but think it was 19.7mpg then coming back today I remembered pictures.

First is coming out of the campground up and down gravel roads obviously going slow
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? PXL_20230604_142316254

Then some pics on the road
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? PXL_20230604_152623547

Final tally. I love this truck. Enjoyed 4 days of camping at a spot with no water or electric and I didnt miss anything!
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? PXL_20230604_183155559

Sponsored

Karytas80

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4
It's just getting better and better on my 2023 XLT PB.
I run on 87 and have installed the Decked, Xtrusion Bed rack & soft roll up bed cover.
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20230527_180821

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20230603_125130

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Doesn't Sport mode lock out the electric motor?
I'm not certain what 'lock out' means.

Do you mean that the truck won't go into electric only mode? It still will, but it's very limited.

Electric motors can provide real additional power, so I assume that it's certainly contributing while in the Sport mode in addition to the ICE as that will give the most power.

Instead of just going for the most of anything (i.e. responsiveness or mpg) I've gotten in the habit of using the drive modes often. Sport when I'm feeling frisky in stop and go, Eco for commuting, Slippery in inclement weather.

Just wish the stupid thing would remain in the previous mode. What a dumb oversight! I wonder if I set the key fobs up with personal settings if I can select the preferred drive mode?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Work setup: Leitner cargo system, Front Runner roof rack, Decked tool boxes, 2" level, air bags, heavy 34" Wrangler Duratracs and lots of tools!

At almost 12,500 miles I've settle to about 13.5 mpg at 75 mph and 17.5 mpg at 65 mph.

I lost about 1.5 mpg with the tire on the roof rack so I've left the mounts and moved the tire back to the box so I can throw it up there quick if I need the box space

20230212_180327.jpg
At least your truck looks badass while gulping fuel! Looks like you're ready for the apocalypse...

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I'm not certain what 'lock out' means.

Do you mean that the truck won't go into electric only mode? It still will, but it's very limited.

Electric motors can provide real additional power, so I assume that it's certainly contributing while in the Sport mode in addition to the ICE as that will give the most power.

Instead of just going for the most of anything (i.e. responsiveness or mpg) I've gotten in the habit of using the drive modes often. Sport when I'm feeling frisky in stop and go, Eco for commuting, Slippery in inclement weather.

Just wish the stupid thing would remain in the previous mode. What a dumb oversight! I wonder if I set the key fobs up with personal settings if I can select the preferred drive mode?
I can't speak for Sport Mode since I've never used it. I do know Tow/Haul mode does lock out electric only.

I'm sure the electric motor is still available to assist the ICE.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I can't speak for Sport Mode since I've never used it. I do know Tow/Haul mode does lock out electric only.

I'm sure the electric motor is still available to assist the ICE.
In Sport Mode, the systems run on battery while the vehicle is stopped. Once you lift your foot or touch the gas if using brake hold the engine turns back on. It doesn't wait to see what you want to do, it knows you picked Sport and is ready to go for you.
Sponsored