Sponsored

What do I need to do in order to be able to hear rear speakers?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Interesting thread... thanks for all the info. I'm not an audiophile by a long shot, and I think the 2023 B&O unleashed doesn't sound too bad. But for a $75k truck, you would think Ford could do a bit better.

I think for now, I'm just going to do a budget solution and update my rear speakers with Pioneer TS-G650's. Can find new pairs on eBay for only $30. Will also looking into adding some sound deadening.

One thing I do notice is driver side road noise. Not sure if it is coming from the the driver side front door, or the glass part of the door.

Came across these and was wondering if anyone had positive results? Says they help reduce road noise... $200 for a set of four is a bit steep, but if they actually work...

https://soundsgoodstereo.com/products/2021-2022-ford-f-150-custom-made-door-access-block-off-plates
I don't have them myself, but from following several threads where people talk about audio improvements, other people have said it makes a difference.
Sponsored

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
I am familiar with that. We actually have a 7.1 Dolby Atmos system in our theatre room.
The problem @sbi is complaining about, is the rear door speakers are not amped at all, so like you said, it's not a "submersive" experience.
One great example, (and there are many), but in "Empire Strikes Back" scene where a Star Destroyer comes from behind you and overhead, you actually hear and FEEL the ship before it shows on screen from behind you. That is a great feeling.
On a good home system and really acr audio as well, you are allowed to increase\decrease rear volume speakers to your liking. With the rears coming right off the head unit with no amplification it acts more like a 'live concert', where all music is in your face, than a submersive surround sound stereo.
Dolby Atmos isn’t like a traditional 5.1 or 7.1 nomenclature. It’s either 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 the last number is the number of overhead or height channels. You can’t have a 7.1 Dolby Atmos.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Dolby Atmos isn’t like a traditional 5.1 or 7.1 nomenclature. It’s either 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 the last number is the number of overhead or height channels. You can’t have a 7.1 Dolby Atmos.
Appreciate the focus.
We have two speakers, (4 really) in the ceiling closer to the back of the room than the front.
As I stated in the opening scene of ESB, "behind you and overhead"...
Glad I changed my autocorrect (Grammerly) from Atoms to Atmos when I was typing that also...
I don't really know the 7.x.x.setup...? We have four (edit: sorry, I lied) three 12" subs under the floor of the second row of theatre seats...
Would that make it 7.3.2? 7.4.3? Who knows, who cares...
All I know is I told him what I want and wrote a check....
:)

Last edited:

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
Appreciate the focus.
We have two speakers, (4 really) in the ceiling closer to the back of the room than the front.
Glad I changed my autocorrect (Grammerly) from Atoms to Atmos when I was typing that also...
I don't really know the 7.x.x.setup...? We have four (edit: sorry, I lied) three 12" subs under the floor of the second row of theatre seats...
I’ve appreciated your input on the B&O upgrade since I feel like mine is lacking. I also appreciate your music since I listen to lossless Widespread Panic and Dave Matthews Band. I think you listen to DMB.

The first number is your traditional ear level speakers which is 5 or 7.
Second number is subwoofer so for you 3

Last number is overheard or height channels. It sounds like yours are setup as Top Middle and Rear Height.

So if you’ve got FL, FR, Center, Surround left and Surround Right.

Sounds like 5.3.4 but Atmos and DTS X have a ton of configuration options.

A lot will depend on what AVR you’ve got any how many channels it supports.

Mine is a DENON 7200WA which is an older flagship model when ATMOS and DTS X kicked off plus AURO3D,

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’ve appreciated your input on the B&O upgrade since I feel like mine is lacking. I also appreciate your music since I listen to lossless Widespread Panic and Dave Matthews Band. I think you listen to DMB.

The first number is your traditional ear level speakers which is 5 or 7.
Second number is subwoofer so for you 3

Last number is overheard or height channels. It sounds like yours are setup as Top Middle and Rear Height.

So if you’ve got FL, FR, Center, Surround left and Surround Right.

Sounds like 5.3.4 but Atmos and DTS X have a ton of configuration options.

A lot will depend on what AVR you’ve got any how many channels it supports.

Mine is a DENON 7200WA which is an older flagship model when ATMOS and DTS X kicked off plus AURO3D,
Wow, seems like only 4 people on the planet know Widespread Panic...
Met my wife at a DMB concert (The HORDE Festival) officially. DMB, Blues Traveler, BNL, Lenny Kravitz, etc
As I get older the clarity of specific sounds diminishes but enjoy the volume and 'feel' in both the theatre room and truck.
Half the joy now at home is watching some sort of Mission Impossible type movie and feeling the airplane engines underneath you...

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Appreciate the focus.
Assuming you have 7 surround speakers, that would be 7.3.4. I'm running a 7.2.2 Atmos system at home with two 10's. I want to upgrade to an overhead 4-speaker Atmos set-up, but priorities are elsewhere right now. My receiver only has 9 channels, but it has the pre-outs for the other two Atmos speakers. I just need a simple 2-channel amp (which I have) and two more Atmos speakers. What's holding me back is that I'm a DIYer and I don't want to spend an entire Sunday getting this done for what may not be a significant improvement over what I already have.

Three 12's? :love: I love it. lol

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
Yes WSP is my first love music wise. Very small but dedicated fan base. A group of us have all seen over 100 shows starting back in 1997.

I go to a DMB show ever year but just one. BTCS is amazing and reminds me of sunny days in college. DMB on a good system is pristine. I’ve got lossless copies of all the Live Trax if that interests you just message me.

The Gravity Deluxe Diamond Edition is the best Atmos Blu Ray movie I’ve seen in my home theatre. Really engaging.

Wow, seems like only 4 people on the planet know Widespread Panic...
Met my wife at a DMB concert (The HORDE Festival) officially. DMB, Blues Traveler, BNL, Lenny Kravitz, etc
As I get older the clarity of specific sounds diminishes but enjoy the volume and 'feel' in both the theatre room and truck.
Half the joy now at home is watching some sort of Mission Impossible type movie and feeling the airplane engines underneath you...

tjtennispro

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 V6 Lariat
Occupation
Tennis Pro
Assuming you have 7 surround speakers, that would be 7.3.4. I'm running a 7.2.2 Atmos system at home with two 10's. I want to upgrade to an overhead 4-speaker Atmos set-up, but priorities are elsewhere right now. My receiver only has 9 channels, but it has the pre-outs for the other two Atmos speakers. I just need a simple 2-channel amp (which I have) and two more Atmos speakers. What's holding me back is that I'm a DIYer and I don't want to spend an entire Sunday getting this done for what may not be a significant improvement over what I already have.

Three 12's? :love: I love it. lol
I’m a DIY too and I’ve tried every configuration imaginable and it’s honestly hard to tell a difference. In theory I could use a 2 channel amp and go 7.2.4 but 5.2.4 sounds amazing. 7.2.2 sounds amazing also.

I’ve got 2 SVS SB3000 and I can’t imagine 3 12’s. Edge of Tomorrow must really shake the foundation.

Plus if I get back into A/V then I won’t have time trying to trick my my truck into updating the software plus all the kids I just had!

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes WSP is my first love music wise. Very small but dedicated fan base. A group of us have all seen over 100 shows starting back in 1997.

I go to a DMB show ever year but just one. BTCS is amazing and reminds me of sunny days in college. DMB on a good system is pristine. I’ve got lossless copies of all the Live Trax if that interests you just message me.

The Gravity Deluxe Diamond Edition is the best Atmos Blu Ray movie I’ve seen in my home theatre. Really engaging.
Thank you. I am not an Apple guy and I have been trying to redo all my music with FLAC files.
Its comical, years and even decades ago, I would hunt down and buy ultra-rare copies of Bono singing in Irish pubs before he was with the rest of the band and now they are freely available on multiple TORRENT sites... :(
Some of Dave and Tim Reynolds music is the best recorded music out there... side note and really cool side note. One of my former clients, daughter\sister is married to Stefan.
I went in for a meeting and was like, "Cool, why you have all the Dave Matthews pictures?" He says, "My daughter Jackie is married to the bassist....."
"WHAT?!?!?!?"

Edit: @tjtennispro
That sounded weird, the Dad owns the company and his other daugher, Jennifer, works at the company, so daughter\sister....
Sponsored

Last edited: