OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone done this besides the one guy on FB? I'm looking for the actual part numbers. The number above does not come up on Tasca.
No one I’ve found. I talked with the guy who was going to look at part numbers at work, I think he works at ford but he never found it.

He says that the engineering code but that first part is right in line with part numbers. The Chinese character sticker makes me want to think ebay/Amazon clone type but not sure.

It’s hard to know what console you’d need because some have active air refresh and proximity alarms all kinds of stuff.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Switches only

M2DZ13D730HA $145

Console with switches with Pano Roof

ML3Z18519A70GCA $754

Console with switches without Pano Roof

ML3Z18519A70ECK $735

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No one I’ve found. I talked with the guy who was going to look at part numbers at work, I think he works at ford but he never found it.

He says that the engineering code but that first part is right in line with part numbers. The Chinese character sticker makes me want to think ebay/Amazon clone type but not sure.

It’s hard to know what console you’d need because some have active air refresh and proximity alarms all kinds of stuff.

You dont need to worry about those options. The alarm can be added if you dont have it or you can remove it. The alram module resides in the overhead console. So if you dont feel like dealing with adding it just unscrew it or dont plug it in. It has its own plug. Same with the other options. If your truck doesnt have them then they wont be used.

The active air refresh is tied to pano roof option. Here is there definition of how it works

Auto Air Refresh uses an outside gases sensor to automatically adjust the climate control system to change from outside air to recirculated air to help reduce the entry of outside odors into the cabin. It uses a particulate matter sensor in the cabin to estimate and provide information about particulate matter pollution in the cabin. It also allows you to refresh the cabin air with outside air on-demand or automatically.

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Jesse, you're a wealth of knowledge!

Just so I understand this correctly, ill run down what the process would be for adding switches.

1. Buy switches or console with switches(part numbers posted above)
  2. plug it in, butsome trucks have the plugs and pigtail for switches and others don't
  3. Most of these usually run to a relay or 2 for higher powered stuff, do we know if that's a separate harness assembly or part of some higher end trims?
  4. Connect to upfitter wires under the hood, again, is this a separate harness or can it be added?
  5. Enjoy!
I'm thinking I'll do away with the sunglass holder, and get the switches to fit into that opening with some ABS, or maybe even try to carve out a slot for the switches in the sunglass holder. That's obviously not factory, and not what you guys do, but its easier to make a trim piece than source a non existent overhead console or stand alone switches. Going down that path, aftermarket switches can also go in there, but were getting even further off the factory trail then.

On a separate note, you said the alarm module resides in the overhead console. My XL that doesn't have an alarm, but i do have remote locks, BLISS, Copilot360 2.0etc. My ignition is keyed. Can alarm be added without too much hassle, or is it not worth it?

Last edited:

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
The active air refresh is tied to pano roof option. Here is there definition of how it works

Auto Air Refresh uses an outside gases sensor to automatically adjust the climate control system to change from outside air to recirculated air to help reduce the entry of outside odors into the cabin. It uses a particulate matter sensor in the cabin to estimate and provide information about particulate matter pollution in the cabin. It also allows you to refresh the cabin air with outside air on-demand or automatically.
That explains the Auto Air Refresh wording on the only raptor overhead console I can find on ebay. What is really interesting is my truck is a fully loaded 2022 Platinum with Pano roof but my overhead console does not say auto air refresh.

Sponsored

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Switches only

M2DZ13D730HA $145

Console with switches with Pano Roof

ML3Z18519A70GCA $754

Console with switches without Pano Roof

ML3Z18519A70ECK $735
Do you know which color these parts are? I'm unable to find the color. I'm looking for black.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you know which color these parts are? I'm unable to find the color. I'm looking for black.
Black. Raptor is all black only

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've been trying to order the parts however online parts places keep canceling my order. I'm hoping to get the parts at some point.

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
I've been trying to order the parts however online parts places keep canceling my order. I'm hoping to get the parts at some point.
Are they cancelling because it's backordered, or are they just lazy to fulfill an order?

-DK

Sponsored

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
National backorder.
Can't wait to get back into an era where there's no such thing as shortage/backorder, chip issues, etc. again. Oh, and minimal/no inflation too... :cautious:(n)

OffRod150

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 XLT, 66 mustang
Occupation
Construction
I ordered a Tremor overhead console. This was from a base model 400A Tremor so it's basically an XL overhead console with switches since my truck won't have a rear sliding window. I'll list a couple versions of the part numbers for it. If you need an overhead console with the rear window slider switch you'll have to pull that from a vin of a higher model Tremor (402A). Also keep in mind that it only comes in Onxy Black so if you don't have a dark interior it will stand out. I'm in the process of having mine painted. When I get it back I'll post it on here.

Tremor 400A Standard Vin #: 1FTEW1E8XNFA47629

Overhead Console Part #: ML3Z-18519A70-EBA or ML3Z-18519A70-EAA

2022 Tremor 400A Overhead Console.jpg
Do you know if the wiring harness is already in place as a plug and playinstall or do you have to run a harness for the switches?
Thanks

TylerNinetyTwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL Regular Cab
@OffRod150 You have to run a new harness from the switches to the BCM and to the upfitter switch relay/fuse box. The overhead console needs to be chosen in the correct configuration according to what you have in your truck (sliding rear window and/or sunroof). You can basically swap over all your overhead console internals from your factory truck (map lights circuit board, etc.) to the new upfitter switch overhead console.
Here is a general parts list:
1. Upfitter switch overhead console from a Tremor/Raptor.
2. Upfitter swtich relay/fuse box (this is mounted in your engine bay).
3. 200amp fuse at your battery to protect the upfitter relay/fuse box (bought mine on amazon).
4. Harness to connect switches at overhead console to a plug at the BCM or at the BCM fuse box (add-a-fuse) and upfitter switch relay/fuse box in the engine bay.

Why do we need to plug into the BCM? Because the switches are backlit blue when the switch is in the off position and orange when the switch is turned on. This gives it an OEM look so tying into the BCM for accessory/ignition power either pinning at a particular plug or using an add-a-fuse in the fuse box at the BCM is recommended.

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I pulled my Platinum overhead console and don’t see a plug for the upfitter switches. Seems like I will have to replace part (or all) of the overhead console harness.

Does anyone have a part number for the harness? Or has anyone talked to Lawrence to see if he is making a harness for this?
Sponsored