Upfitter Switch installation

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Ok, I went threw my part for my install and found out why I wasn’t getting ambient lights only the ice blue, I didn’t realize that either the green with orange tracer or the green with red tracer Hass to have a power source to it once I did that everything works perfect so now I just gotta install it. I was looking though at what boostedGraygoose install directions. She has it that you put the green wire in pin 23 on the body control connector. Does anybody know what pins you need to buy to install the wire into that connector?
Sponsored

FJay150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB
any ideas if boostedGraygoose still selling wiring for switches?

JMoney17$

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost
I just tried to start the install on an F150 Powerboost. I believe there is a component unique to the powerboats immediately behind the batter which prevents installation of the relay box. Things look pretty tight on that side of the truck and I am not sure I see a good place to mount it.

Ford F-150 Upfitter Switch installation Powerboost

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I’m the trolling spirit of @Samson16 my installation was simple.

Sponsored

HutchinWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
construction
I’m doubting the wires will be there and just needs the switches installed. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. A gentleman on Facebook just installed his today and I saw his post. Here is the part he installed with the sunroof and power rear slider console.

5414E65D-7BFF-463E-A082-4DF925AE8783.jpeg

8A1AFA3F-04DE-46BD-9028-49BD37942E56.jpeg
This is great. For us dumb guys is there any information as to how and where to run the wires?

mattacruz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Occupation
sales
I just tried to start the install on an F150 Powerboost. I believe there is a component unique to the powerboats immediately behind the batter which prevents installation of the relay box. Things look pretty tight on that side of the truck and I am not sure I see a good place to mount it.

Powerboost.jpg
Were you able to find a good spot for your relay box? I have a powerboost too, will be ordering all parts soon.

JMoney17$

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost
Were you able to find a good spot for your relay box? I have a powerboost too, will be ordering all parts soon.
I haven't installed it yet. I found a video online where a guy mounted his box over the fuse box near the passenger side (Different up fitter switch unit). That is the only area that I think you can put it unless you lengthen the wires. I printed out a wedge I can use above the fuse box at an angle to decrease the odds of water getting into the box.

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This is great. For us dumb guys is there any information as to how and where to run the wires?
Im not sure I get you here. Thats not something I put in and wired. There’s harnesses out there that have all you need otherwise you’ll need to make your own.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Finally started this project.

instead of filing the aluminum arms I trimmed the plastic with an exacto knife. Took 60 seconds.Clips in perfectly.

now the hard part starts.

I also originally ordered the lower end upfitter switch’s as the one with the chrome/security thingy was not available. I swapped over all the parts today as well from the panel in my lariat to the upfitter panel.

if I were to do this again I would have just ordered the right part. Swapping everything over was a major pita.

Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Two question for you guys that have put the boosted harness in . One could you have run in this WAY (fast forward to 7:42 ) using the grommet . Would that have been less time consuming . Two are you able to cover the fuse box on the inside with the connector . If you are not how are you dealing with that .

Thanks

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Can someone walk me through the install steps? How do you run the wire into the engine bay?

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Can someone walk me through the install steps? How do you run the wire into the engine bay?
I did what another member here did. You go from the A pillar down to under the passenger side carpet. There’s a little grommet you can pull and cut a small slit in to feed the harness under the truck. From there you go into the wheel well and then up.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I did what another member here did. You go from the A pillar down to under the passenger side carpet. There’s a little grommet you can pull and cut a small slit in to feed the harness under the truck. From there you go into the wheel well and then up.
What do you do with the headliner? Do you have to drop it?

OP
OP
Snakedoctor

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What do you do with the headliner? Do you have to drop it?
There’s a couple screws you remove in the visor and the front just pulls down. Did you ever get the PDF of the instructions from Boosted Grey Goose? I’m not sure if all but the headliner is held in place at the front with the visor screws and strong magnets.
Sponsored