First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Wow 6 pages. I will need to look, I’d like more pages for presets.
It’s just buried in the settings… no Forscan needed. :)
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So i removed the climate controls from the screen and I guess the “home” button goes away in the upper left corner since the features and settings return to the bottom of the screen. I have the Unreal theme and 75th anniversary splash screen but it doesn’t look the same. Is there something that I can check to see if the unreal theme installed?

568470E9-20A9-463C-A633-F354429B56BA.jpeg
I'm of the opinion that you DO have Unreal enabled based on the hue of blue and the depth of the 3D on your Sources and Browse buttons.

You could verify by going to the Fade/balance control and check to see if the graphic rendering of the interior of the truck is misaligned with the default crosshair?

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I'm of the opinion that you DO have Unreal enabled based on the hue of blue and the depth of the 3D on your Sources and Browse buttons.

You could verify by going to the Fade/balance control and check to see if the graphic rendering of the interior of the truck is misaligned with the default crosshair?
Thanks I’ll look.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost

Good call, the crosshairs are off to the right.

Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
From the notes I have found on this thread, can someone verify my changes before I make them.

Climate Control at Bottom of Screen (7D0-02-02: xxx6 xxxx xx--)
my as built is (7D0-02-02: xxx0 xxxx xxxx --)
since mine is a 0, which spread sheets shows = PT none. CB (climate bar) disabled
I guess mine I should change from 0 to a 2 to enable Climate bar?

edit, is there anything I need to do to add other things like heated wheel, cooled seats, etc?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Brucebva

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
My issue with the climate controls at the bottom is that now I have to hit two buttons to bring up the Audio Screen (Home then Audio) if I am on Nav or Carplay full screen. (That would be your basic "first-world problem")

Also, the other day, I swear that the power button (physical) didn't turn on the Radio or even bring up the Audio screen on the display. I have to verify that, but I am 99% sure that I had Full-Screen Carplay on the display, the radio was off and I pushed the physical button and nothing happened. I had to press the Home Button on the display and then the Audio Panel. Once on, the physical volume button worked.

Has anyone else run into that issue?

By the way... it looks like they must have fixed the "two page limit" issue with the Radio Presets as I see that you have 6. There used to be a bug that would reset that back to two every time you turned off the vehicle. I'll have to give that a try again.

I made several changes, and all working great except the the climate bar.

I found the same thing as above. I enabled the unreal theme which gave a nice appearance to the entire display, enabled the heated seats, steering wheel, and the 75th anniversary splash screen.
Splash screen looks great!
When I enabled the climate bar, it took away all the buttons for Nav, Car Play, and other essential buttons, and to get to the Nav or other functions, you had to go through multiple steps and guesses on where to go. Hitting the home button in upper left did not really do much for me at all. I disabled it since it took more steps to operated the heated and cooled seats over just hitting the buttons just below the screen, but I did like having one place for going to heated or cooled just by touching higher or lower on the icons.

What I really wanted for the seats is a graphic showing the actual seat like I saw in other posts. Does the Sync 4 do that? Is there a way to enable a screen showing the seats, HSW, and other options separately? I saw in one post where it showed the car play with several options such as the seats, HVAC controls, and other buttons all in one place. I would love to see that.

I tried twice to also add the Global windows options. I enabled this in all six? areas, but they still no workie!

Thanks for all of you posting! Great info here!

GrandpaD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Platinum PB 4x4 6.5 Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired
edit, is there anything I need to do to add other things like heated wheel, cooled seats, etc?

Thanks.
The other settings you are looking for are listed on the front page/tab of the FORScan spreadsheet.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
so crazy thought...ive decided to leave the climate bar for now. after getting the 3.5.4 it didnt seem AS slow as it was when i first Forscan'ed it to the screen.
i will say, i find myself using the hard buttons more so than the ones on the screen but i find myself using both. heated wheel and seats? hard buttons...deciding where i want my air flow? screen...i dont know. i like having the home button as well.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I finally turned on the unreal theme. No temp controls of 75rh logo, I just wanted the unreal. I wish I had taken more before pictures, I could always undo it.

I hate to be vague like everyone else, but everyone else is right, it's subtle and you have to see it in person and in motion to really get a feel for the difference.

Here is a Before
Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls IMG20230214211611

And after (Unreal theme)
Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls IMG20230214212542

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You are on one of the more subtle screens though

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
You are on one of the more subtle screens though
Oh, I figured a screen with a lot of text would have been good.

I made the change, saw it worked, took that pic and then went back inside, I didn't even really play around with it.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
For the 75th splash screen, you get it on start up, does that screen show for shut down too? I made the forscan change and I get the 75th splash screen on start up, but the big ford oval when I shut the truck off.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
For the 75th splash screen, you get it on start up, does that screen show for shut down too? I made the forscan change and I get the 75th splash screen on start up, but the big ford oval when I shut the truck off.
I just get it on startup.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
So i assume "Unreal" is EPIC's Unreal gaming engine. So those who have enabled it, are you seeing performance improvements?
Sponsored