First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
So I’m not completely crazy and the only one thinking that about the added controls.

Obviously I’m goin to give it a bit to see how I feel about them being there. It does give an upscale look but but ever since I added them sync has seemed a bit laggy as well.

I think I’m starting to convince myself I don’t need them haha
this may sound odd
but i still use the buttons on the panels vice the touch screen icons for heat, etc.
i like seeing/using the display indications of whats on or how high, etc
for me the lower bar indications are easier to see from my eye ball height vice looking down at the hard panel buttons controls,
i can see out the corner or periphery better with the display than i can the hard panel buttons
Sponsored

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
this may sound odd
but i still use the buttons on the panels vice the touch screen icons for heat, etc.
i like seeing/using the display indications of whats on or how high, etc
for me the lower bar indications are easier to see from my eye ball height vice looking down at the hard panel buttons controls,
i can see out the corner or periphery better with the display than i can the hard panel buttons
That's what I want to experiment with and why I haven't yet reverted...

The newer control knobs don't have built-in temp display, you need to move the physical knob and then look to the top of the 12" display to see the temperature setpoint moving.

With this display change showing the climate bar at the bottom of the 12" display, even if I use the physical knobs the visual display will probably be easier to focus on.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
That's what I want to experiment with and why I haven't yet reverted...

The newer control knobs don't have built-in temp display, you need to move the physical knob and then look to the top of the 12" display to see the temperature setpoint moving.

With this display change showing the climate bar at the bottom of the 12" display, even if I use the physical knobs the visual display will probably be easier to focus on.
yes thats how it works for me,
i am 6' 3" and sit back pretty far from dash, so the lower screen sort of jumps out
, it was good when the temps were on the top as well, but the unreal screen looks nicer
on ford pass it updated the other day and now shows the 75 anniversary icon
i may have to try to enable the 75 screen this week

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
So I forscanned the unreal theme. Added the climate bar, the cooled/heated seats and heated steering wheel to the bottom.

Now that I’ve done it I’ll say two things.

The unreal theme looks great. To me, makes it appear a bit more upscale.

Secondly, not sure I’m a fan of the added climate controls to the bottom of the screen.
At first I thought it looked cool and served a nice function but after messing with it I realized it’s completely unnecessary and kinda muddles up the screen. I’m thinking about taking them back off. Anyone else feel that way!?

2C9DF380-3305-4BA8-9B39-5CD9D79C6213.jpeg
My issue with the climate controls at the bottom is that now I have to hit two buttons to bring up the Audio Screen (Home then Audio) if I am on Nav or Carplay full screen. (That would be your basic "first-world problem")

Also, the other day, I swear that the power button (physical) didn't turn on the Radio or even bring up the Audio screen on the display. I have to verify that, but I am 99% sure that I had Full-Screen Carplay on the display, the radio was off and I pushed the physical button and nothing happened. I had to press the Home Button on the display and then the Audio Panel. Once on, the physical volume button worked.

Has anyone else run into that issue?

By the way... it looks like they must have fixed the "two page limit" issue with the Radio Presets as I see that you have 6. There used to be a bug that would reset that back to two every time you turned off the vehicle. I'll have to give that a try again.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
so i drove to work this morning...i'm starting to think i dont need the climate/seat/steering wheel buttons on the screen. does it make it seem more upscale? sure! i can control my HVAC with my radio!!
BUTTTT i'm still thinking its just too much! i'm going to give it a few more days but i'm starting to think the hard buttons are just fine. the radio screen is just too busy

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
so i drove to work this morning...i'm starting to think i dont need the climate/seat/steering wheel buttons on the screen. does it make it seem more upscale? sure! i can control my HVAC with my radio!!
BUTTTT i'm still thinking its just too much! i'm going to give it a few more days but i'm starting to think the hard buttons are just fine. the radio screen is just too busy
I like it, but I’m certainly not in love with it. I may even change it back to see if it miss it

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTMO
I mean I got rid of the hvac temp on sync from the top when I added the LCD dials and then in added it back at the bottom with the unreal. If you think about it, kinda dumb haha @dolsen

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I mean I got rid of the hvac temp on sync from the top when I added the LCD dials and then in added it back at the bottom with the unreal. If you think about it, kinda dumb haha @dolsen
Well I enabled the climate bar at the same time that I installed the dials, so I have yet to see that. I pretty much strictly keep my screen on nav so I don’t worry too much about swapping screens, but when I need to, it does feel like a bit of a
Hassle

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTMO
P
but when I need to, it does feel like a bit of a Hassle
That right there. I swear the screen seems laggy and slow since adding all that to the bottom as well. Not sure if that’s unreal theme related in general or from adding all that extra. I usually stay on SAT radio and navigate stations

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
So I forscanned the unreal theme. Added the climate bar, the cooled/heated seats and heated steering wheel to the bottom.

Now that I’ve done it I’ll say two things.

The unreal theme looks great. To me, makes it appear a bit more upscale.

Secondly, not sure I’m a fan of the added climate controls to the bottom of the screen.
At first I thought it looked cool and served a nice function but after messing with it I realized it’s completely unnecessary and kinda muddles up the screen. I’m thinking about taking them back off. Anyone else feel that way!?

2C9DF380-3305-4BA8-9B39-5CD9D79C6213.jpeg
I feel the same way and actaully going out to my truck right now and removing them. I feel it takes for effort to adjust the controls with the slider on the screen that it does to turn the knob.

Sponsored

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So i removed the climate controls from the screen and I guess the “home” button goes away in the upper left corner since the features and settings return to the bottom of the screen. I have the Unreal theme and 75th anniversary splash screen but it doesn’t look the same. Is there something that I can check to see if the unreal theme installed?

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 568470E9-20A9-463C-A633-F354429B56BA

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
So i removed the climate controls from the screen and I guess the “home” button goes away in the upper left corner since the features and settings return to the bottom of the screen. I have the Unreal theme and 75th anniversary splash screen but it doesn’t look the same. Is there something that I can check to see if the unreal theme installed?

568470E9-20A9-463C-A633-F354429B56BA.jpeg
Before the change, did you happen to have more than 2 pages of preset radio stations?

I think I like having the functional buttons at the bottom rather than the redundant climate controls. I just don't like having to Hit <HOME> then Radio.

But the biggest thing I miss is the up and down buttons below the side panel, swiping that is a pain.

Just my 2 cents.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Before the change, did you happen to have more than 2 pages of preset radio stations?

I think I like having the functional buttons at the bottom rather than the redundant climate controls. I just don't like having to Hit <HOME> then Radio.

But the biggest thing I miss is the up and down buttons below the side panel, swiping that is a pain.

Just my 2 cents.
Yes I had 2 pages and they are still there, at least the correct channels come up when I press the buttons on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Yes I had 2 pages and they are still there, at least the correct channels come up when I press the buttons on the steering wheel.
I ask because there was a bug a while ago where you could ONLY have two pages. You could set it up for more, but the next time you started your truck it reset to just 2. I saw that Crazy Wayne had 6 pages on his screen with the climate control change.

So... I was just wondering if they actually fixed the bug, or if he got more pages of presets only because of the change to display the climate controls.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ask because there was a bug a while ago where you could ONLY have two pages. You could set it up for more, but the next time you started your truck it reset to just 2. I saw that Crazy Wayne had 6 pages on his screen with the climate control change.

So... I was just wondering if they actually fixed the bug, or if he got more pages of presets only because of the change to display the climate controls.
Wow 6 pages. I will need to look, I’d like more pages for presets.
Sponsored