Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls

JL2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Yup, tons of people, including myself. That's what finally prompted me to bite the bullet, purchase what was needed, and do it myself.

A few people have reported that they've received 3.5.3 OTA recently, but that and 50 cents still doesn't by you a cup of coffee.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ainā€™t that the truth lol. I will try to wait patiently then lol
Sponsored

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Iā€™ve been stuck on 3.5.2 since October 17th. Iā€™m assuming Ford stopped pushing OTA updates? Just curious if anyone else has been stuck on this version.
I was until I took it into the dealer like I mentioned in an earlier post.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the help. 75th Anniversary Splash Screen, Enable Unreal Sync Theme, Enable Climate Bar at the bottom of Sync screen, Enable Heated Steering Wheel on climate bar and Enable Cooled and/or Heated seats to climate bar are all now working.

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls New Screen

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls Old Screen

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Thanks for all the help. 75th Anniversary Splash Screen, Enable Unreal Sync Theme, Enable Climate Bar at the bottom of Sync screen, Enable Heated Steering Wheel on climate bar and Enable Cooled and/or Heated seats to climate bar are all now working.
Sweet.

If you are a Waze User, let me know if you lose the "hamburger" menu icon (upper left) when using it in AA (I use pseudo fullscreen mode, but don't think it matters). It started doing this after I did my module updates then made the changes for Unreal, climate bar & 75th splash screen. I can reset my phone, start over and it's fine for a bit, but the hamburger just disappears again. :/

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sweet.

If you are a Waze User, let me know if you lose the "hamburger" menu icon (upper left) when using it in AA (I use pseudo fullscreen mode, but don't think it matters). It started doing this after I did my module updates then made the changes for Unreal, climate bar & 75th splash screen. I can reset my phone, start over and it's fine for a bit, but the hamburger just disappears again. :/
I use Waze, I donā€™t remember seeing that icon. What menu did it open when you tapped on it?

Sponsored

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I use Waze, I donā€™t remember seeing that icon. What menu did it open when you tapped on it?
I'm referring the standard "hamburger" icon in the upper left corner of Waze. The three stacked lines. We (in IT) call it a hamburger because it looks like ... a hamburger. :D

It opens the main menu for Waze in AA.

Ford F-150 Unreal Theme/75th Anniversary Splash/Climate Controls 1674133906097

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm referring the standard "hamburger" icon in the upper left corner of Waze. The three stacked lines. We (in IT) call it a hamburger because it looks like ... a hamburger. :D

1674133906097.png
Oh that hamburger LOL

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Bear in mind that enabling the ā€œunreal engineā€ option breaks a few things in the UI. Balance/fade, some prompts after a reset, some occasional gracenote issues off the top of my head. Not a big deal unless you need to do a reset.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bear in mind that enabling the ā€œunreal engineā€ option breaks a few things in the UI.
Yup, I was aware of that, but had not yet read of anyone losing the hamburger menu in Waze. I lose it every trip, sometimes mulitple times duirng the same trip. Resetting my phone only to have it fail again in a matter of miles is a PITA.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

1674133906097.png
I have CarPlay I never saw the ā€œhamburger ā€œ icon. I had taken a video before I applied the ultimate theme and I didnā€™t see that hamburger icon on it. Quite frankly, I donā€™t remember ever seeing it, so it might just be an android auto thing.

Sponsored

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quite frankly, I donā€™t remember ever seeing it, so it might just be an android auto thing.
Yea, that's why I said to you: "If you are a Waze User, let me know if you lose the "hamburger" menu icon (upper left) when using it in AA".

Didn't know which you used. Thanks for your input, though.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yea, that's why I said to you: "If you are a Waze User, let me know if you lose the "hamburger" menu icon (upper left) when using it in AA".

Didn't know which you used. Thanks for your input, though.
Yeah, and when I first read that AA didnā€™t really click with me because Iā€™m not an android user so I had to think about it a little bit to figure out what the heck youā€™re saying. šŸ˜€

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, and when I first read that AA didnā€™t really click with me because Iā€™m not an android user so I had to think about it a little bit to figure out what the heck youā€™re saying. šŸ˜€
LOL. No problem.

Are you updated to get full screen CarPlay yet? I'm tempted to grab the wife's iPhone to check it out. Gotta wait for (real) full screen AA (Coolwalk). :confused:

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL. No problem.

Are you updated to get full screen CarPlay yet? I'm tempted to grab the wife's iPhone to check it out. Gotta wait for (real) full screen AA (Coolwalk). :confused:
Yes I just got it updated last week. Itā€™s pretty nice.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Bear in mind that enabling the ā€œunreal engineā€ option breaks a few things in the UI. Balance/fade, some prompts after a reset, some occasional gracenote issues off the top of my head. Not a big deal unless you need to do a reset.
for me the only balance fade issue so far is, the on screen icon that indicates CENTER, it is off by about 1/8 inch to the passenger side on screen, but seems to be centered by my ears with hearing aids on.
rear balance has always been ODD imo. you can hear just the rear speakers, but the headrests tend to fill in the loss of front ...again just IMO by my un-calibrated ears
Sponsored