First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
So I had my truck serviced last week. Immediately on the drive home I noticed a repetitive thudding that increased with speed. I pulled over and found an underbody panel loose. I went back a couple days later to the dealership, they took it into the service area and told me they tightened everything back up. While leaving the dealership and driving to work this morning, I can still hear the repetitive thudding of the under panel. I took a video. Can anyone confirm that their similar panel has better placement and is more secure? I’m wanting to make sure that I’m not crazy before going into the dealership again and having this looked at once more. Video link attached. ‘21 powerboost. Loose panel is along the front driveline/diff, passenger side.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So I had my truck serviced last week. Immediately on the drive home I noticed a repetitive thudding that increased with speed. I pulled over and found an underbody panel loose. I went back a couple days later to the dealership, they took it into the service area and told me they tightened everything back up. While leaving the dealership and driving to work this morning, I can still hear the repetitive thudding of the under panel. I took a video. Can anyone confirm that their similar panel has better placement and is more secure? I’m wanting to make sure that I’m not crazy before going into the dealership again and having this looked at once more. Video link attached. ‘21 powerboost. Loose panel is along the front driveline/diff, passenger side.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

McTremor22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech

I’ve been hearing something on my tremor too. I haven’t had time to get under and look but maybe it’s the same piece.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Could you look at the connection points and verify that the screws are in there? Looks like either a screw is missing or the shield itself is torn.
Sponsored