Door Panel Rattle

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
I have a rattle coming from the plastic piece of door trim when driving. I attached a picture of the part that is rattling (google image not my truck). I can get it to go away by pushing on it really hard or banging it with my palm but it always comes back. Anyone else? Any recommendations? Maybe taking it off somehow and putting some foam or tape behind it to stabilize it?

Ford F-150 Door Panel Rattle Rattle.JPG
Sponsored

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
All 4 of my doors rattle from the applique in front of the switches, below the one circled in the pic. Drives me out of my mind. It looks like they can be pried off and add foam or tesa tape behind it, but I wonder if anyone else has done it yet.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a rattle coming from the plastic piece of door trim when driving. I attached a picture of the part that is rattling (google image not my truck). I can get it to go away by pushing on it really hard or banging it with my palm but it always comes back. Anyone else? Any recommendations? Maybe taking it off somehow and putting some foam or tape behind it to stabilize it?

Rattle.JPG
Hi Clay. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Pull panel off, apply sound deadening around effected area.

Sponsored

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Have a driver's door rattle when driving over cobblestone streets at 20 MPH in nearby town, otherwise nothing.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
Exact same problem with mine. Usually if I just apply light to moderate downward pressure just in front of the window switches it stops. On one trip I shoved a credit card between the panel that holds the window switch and the one that holds the mirror switches. That seemed to stop it for awhile but it did start again. I'd slide the card around or stuff it in another gap and it would stop again for a while. I've stuffed some small felt pieces in the gap in various places around that panel with no fix. I even popped the panel with the window switches off and cut a piece off of a pool noodle to apple pressure to the area from behind and still haven't found a permanent fix.

I will say that it's a testament to just how quiet the truck really is that the small rattle is enough to drive me crazy. I also thought I had an air leak around that door seal until I decided to fold the mirrors in and the sound went away. I'm not sure there's fix for that but I'm going to keep trying with the panel rattle.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Rattle.JPG
Mine had this same rattle. It turns out the dealership's make ready team left the trailer plug adapter in the lower door pocket and it was causing the rattling but it sounded like it was coming from this exact same spot. It went away once I pulled the plug adapter out and put it a storage bag in the glovebox.

Thinking back to the two F150 service loaners I drove last year, they had the exact same rattle and both of them had the trailer harness plug in the door pocket...

Bandit Heeler

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4x4 2.7

Rattle.JPG
I had a similar issue when I got my 21 last August and it drove me crazy. I ended up pulling off the plastic trim above the door panel that covers the mirror bolts. I found that the mirror wires were attached with a plastic retainer “washer” that was about half way down the bolt. I seated the “washer” all the way to the nut and have not heard the sound since. I hope it’s that simple for you.

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX

Rattle.JPG
Mine rattles right there too. Even on smooth road. Only thing in the cabin that unintentionally makes noise.

OP
OP
RocketFistMooga

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Last night I stuffed some foam weather stripping into the gap between the plastic panel and window switches. Trying to get some pressure against that panel. If I press on it the sound goes away. Will provide a report out on results.

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I had what I thought was a door rattle but I finally found it was the trim around the dash vent. When I popped the trim off I discovered the push clip, a white Xmas tree-like thing, was bend down. It looked to me that when the trim was first installed that push clip was not aligned with the receiving hole. I bent it back and carefully attached the trim. No more rattle.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Rattle.JPG
I discovered that mine had the same rattle. While in the process of replacing the OEM speakers I did this while putting it back together. No Rattle!

Sponsored