Sponsored

Door Panel Rattle

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I'm hearing rattle too. Did the triangle part by mirrors but now it's around elbow area of door.
Sponsored

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
I'm hearing rattle too. Did the triangle part by mirrors but now it's around elbow area of door.
Hopefully one of these guys who’s been in this discussion for awhile has figured it out and can tell us what it could be!

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Hopefully one of these guys who’s been in this discussion for awhile has figured it out and can tell us what it could be!
Yeah sure hope so. It's not crazy loud but enough to aggravate the hell out of me

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have had my truck in a few times about the rattle in thee door panel. They have found a wiring harness hitting the panel, the DDM was loose (I didn't know that was in the door). Here is what they found as per work orders
Ford F-150 Door Panel Rattle 1692847391282

Ford F-150 Door Panel Rattle 1692847456826

Edit; the rattle is still present...:cautious::cautious::cautious:

Sponsored

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
I have had my truck in a few times about the rattle in thee door panel. They have found a wiring harness hitting the panel, the DDM was loose (I didn't know that was in the door). Here is what they found as per work orders
1692847391282.png

1692847456826.png

What is the DDM anyways?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
DDM - Drivers Door Module

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
1692847391282.png

1692847456826.png

Dang that’s too bad it’s still present after they tried all of that. Was it the same noise that came back or a different one?

I’m wondering if my door rattle is from the window regulator. Seems to go away if I crack the window a bit. I’m out of warranty on my ‘22 so I’ll have to investigate it myself when I get around to it, but thanks for posting the items the dealer addressed. I’ll make sure those can’t rattle in the future while I’m in there

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Dang that’s too bad it’s still present after they tried all of that. Was it the same noise that came back or a different one?

I’m wondering if my door rattle is from the window regulator. Seems to go away if I crack the window a bit. I’m out of warranty on my ‘22 so I’ll have to investigate it myself when I get around to it, but thanks for posting the items the dealer addressed. I’ll make sure those can’t rattle in the future while I’m in there
It is the same noise. Also, it comes and goes depending on the temp. On a smooth road it is not heard but any sharp, jarring crack in the road, it can be heard. I am still under warranty, so thinking about taking the truck to a different dealer and let them have a shot at it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape
I’ve developed the dreaded driver’s door rattle over the past couple of weeks. Seems to be coming from the latch or the lock in the armrest area.

Have been to my local dealer twice just to be told they couldn’t replicate it the first time and that they added padding the second time, which was completely useless. Scheduled an appointment at the dealer I bought it from (two hours away) for Tuesday, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I really love this truck and would hate to have to sell it, but that will be my only option if @Ford Motor Company doesn’t resolve the issue because the noise is absolutely infuriating, especially in the context of the price of the truck.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Something I noticed today was that if while I am getting the rattle in the door and I put the window down, the rattle stopped. Will dig into this a little deeper. Something to try and post back here.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It seems that the rattle I am hearing is only with the window being up. I put it down and do not hear the noise.

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
I'll have to try that. Mine is not really a rattle. It's more of a plastic creaking noise.

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
You guys are describing my issue exactly. I'm getting to be a bit of a broken record but had a couple of replies on these threads below.

FYI (and I didn't mention in other posts) I did try siliconing all the gaskets and rubber to no avail. My noise is exactly a "creak" over undulations or bumpy pavement and definitely a plastic creaking sound. If I crack the window mine stops too.

Doing the fricton tape test now....