Sponsored

Unable to activate software update toggle

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
The following info may help someone in APIM hell, took my tech several tries but they finally got it after several emails to Ford. Biggest problem seems to be using wi-fi to run FDRS at the dealer, would cause USB errors. After the tech grabbed another laptop and connected using ethernet it took.

Ford F-150 Unable to activate software update toggle IMG_7222
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I'm probably one of them. I've had my truck 14 months and have never been prompted with a message on a startup screen that an update was performed or successful. I've always had 3 weekdays at 2am scheduled to allow updates, and wifi enabled. From day 1.

How many places are there to look for update/s on a 2021 2.7 eco? Every time I look in the same place, it gives me the same message of "Big things to come".
JJ. let me know what @rugedraw finds on your truck. Also have someone check in FDRS for module updates for you. I may be able to help or coach you if you choose to do the updates to your truck with FDRS. I've done many now on my own truck and my friends truck.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The following info may help someone in APIM hell, took my tech several tries but they finally got it after several emails to Ford. Biggest problem seems to be using wi-fi to run FDRS at the dealer, would cause USB errors. After the tech grabbed another laptop and connected using ethernet it took.

IMG_7222.jpeg
Thanks for sharing! Blue. The most interesting thing on that printout is the last line "intermittently battery going dead" this is the very first thing you're dealership should have addressed before attempting anything in FDRS. These trucks are notorious for having bad batteries and this is causing many problems with OTA and FDRS updates. I hope they resolved this for you as well.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Thanks for sharing! Blue. The most interesting thing on that printout is the last line "intermittently battery going dead" this is the very first thing you're dealership should have addressed before attempting anything in FDRS. These trucks are notorious for having bad batteries and this is causing many problems with OTA and FDRS updates. I hope they resolved this for you as well.
The battery was replaced just before the APIM was ordered. This was a two month ordeal, a month to get the APIM and another month of weekly visits before it updated. Not sure what version I am on or if any OTA updates have happened since.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The battery was replaced just before the APIM was ordered. This was a two month ordeal, a month to get the APIM and another month of weekly visits before it updated. Not sure what version I am on or if any OTA updates have happened since.
Yup, totally understand I left mine at the dealer in early spring of 22 after a month of nothing. I went and took it home un-repaired. I then bought a mongoose, battery charger and FDRS. 12 hours later the truck was fixed. Without the APIM they said was needed! And I've been getting updates ever since. Just 3.5.3 today!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm probably one of them. I've had my truck 14 months and have never been prompted with a message on a startup screen that an update was performed or successful. I've always had 3 weekdays at 2am scheduled to allow updates, and wifi enabled. From day 1.

How many places are there to look for update/s on a 2021 2.7 eco? Every time I look in the same place, it gives me the same message of "Big things to come".
You are on a fairly recent Sync version and you have 3.5.3 in your queue as I type this. Your truck is not stuck.
Sponsored