Sponsored

Software update via flash drive sent to dealer?

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
Took my truck in to the dealership for a software issue on my sync 4. Screen going black while driving.

They said it needs an update and that the update is being mailed to the dealership on a flash drive?????? Is this for real or potentially 1995.

Really, does anyone have any insider knowledge on this. Are the BSing me and stalling?
Sponsored

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Internet downloads can be corrupted in transmission due to a lot of reasons. I guess the same can be said with copying files to any transportable media.

Steve23

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150- King Ranch
Occupation
Fire
I can confirm the flash drive will not fix your problem. Gave me a new APIM and all problems have been fixed, so far fingers crossed.

OP
OP

brenorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariet FX4
I can confirm the flash drive will not fix your problem. Gave me a new APIM and all problems have been fixed, so far fingers crossed.
Thanks! That’s what I’m worried about. I tried to call the service manager today and he’s “out sick” again. Thanks again for the response

Granch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
They used a usb on mine I am guessing since the lightning cable was unplugged on both visits to the dealer

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The drive will not fix the problem or will fix the problem? You have it written both ways.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Took my truck in to the dealership for a software issue on my sync 4. Screen going black while driving.

They said it needs an update and that the update is being mailed to the dealership on a flash drive?????? Is this for real or potentially 1995.

Really, does anyone have any insider knowledge on this. Are the BSing me and stalling?
Huh? That doesn’t make a lot of sense. The dealer should have access to FDRS in the shop. If the issue is simply that you need an update, FDRS will create a flash drive to update the APIM on demand if one is available for your truck.

Sounds to me like you might want to talk to a different dealer.
Sponsored