Sponsored

Unable to activate software update toggle

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Ecoboost 3.5 FX4 Max tow.
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
I must be doing something wrong. I was checking my settings and noticed the software update and notification toggles were off. And they won’t set to the ”on” position.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You are likely stuck on an APIM software version that's coming up on being a year old?
There was a TSB regarding and the dealership was able to get paid to address it. But I don't know if the TSB is still in affect.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I must be doing something wrong. I was checking my settings and noticed the software update and notification toggles were off. And they won’t set to the ”on” position.

Any ideas?
Please check SYNC settings / about sync and post your sync version and rev number. The people on the forum here will try to guide you in the right direction.

OP
OP
Worldmaster

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sync version 4.0.20301 via the Ford site. The truck display is blank for version and rev numbers. Thank you!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

OP
OP
Worldmaster

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep.
My bad on the typo
It was Power up 1.4.x not 1.7.x that hung the APIM up.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Sync version 4.0.20301 via the Ford site. The truck display is blank for version and rev numbers. Thank you!
Yup. Sync version 20301 is where OTA's go to die. Hopefully your truck lands in the hands of a tech that knows what he/she is doing. There have been many truck owners with this issue that have had nightmarish experiences trying to get that fixed. Good luck.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Good luck, my 2 year old truck has never had an update. Dealer installed a new APIM back in Nov and it still wont do the updates. Its back at the dealer waiting for a Ford engineer to come fix it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Good luck, my 2 year old truck has never had an update. Dealer installed a new APIM back in Nov and it still wont do the updates. Its back at the dealer waiting for a Ford engineer to come fix it.
It's amazing to me how many of these trucks out there are affected by this issue. I can only help but wonder how many trucks owners don't even know they have a problem.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's amazing to me how many of these trucks out there are affected by this issue. I can only help but wonder how many trucks owners don't even know they have a problem.
I believe you are right.
And I suspect that as the 2021-2022 trucks hit the used market, it'll be common to find them still in the state they were in Feb 2022.
For someone knowledgeable, they will know there's some low hanging fruit to improving that truck considerably.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I believe you are right.
And I suspect that as the 2021-2022 trucks hit the used market, it'll be common to find them still in the state they were in Feb 2022.
For someone knowledgeable, they will know there's some low hanging fruit to improving that truck considerably.
Low hanging fruit if the buyer is brave enough to do it themself. The whole FDRS process can be very intimidating.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's only intimidating while you ponder doing something that you have NEVER done and have been convinced that "experts" only wear shirts with a Blue Oval on the pocket.

Once you actually dive in, your whole perception of the...... Well, service industry(?) is forever altered.

Jersey Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7L V6 Eco boost 4x4 F-150
I'm probably one of them. I've had my truck 14 months and have never been prompted with a message on a startup screen that an update was performed or successful. I've always had 3 weekdays at 2am scheduled to allow updates, and wifi enabled. From day 1.

How many places are there to look for update/s on a 2021 2.7 eco? Every time I look in the same place, it gives me the same message of "Big things to come".

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm probably one of them. I've had my truck 14 months and have never been prompted with a message on a startup screen that an update was performed or successful. I've always had 3 weekdays at 2am scheduled to allow updates, and wifi enabled. From day 1.

How many places are there to look for update/s on a 2021 2.7 eco? Every time I look in the same place, it gives me the same message of "Big things to come".
PM me your VIN and I'll look at it from the office tomorrow and I'll check if I can see anything that can help point you in the right direction.
Sponsored