TSB 24-2126 Air Conditioning

wbarrett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
Dropped off my 2023 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost to get the air conditioning PCM and HVAC firmware modules updated per this TSB.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Air Conditioning (A/C) Inoperative, Lack Of Air Flow, Blows Warm, And/Or Evidence Of Evaporator Freezing
24-2126
26 April 2024​
This bulletin supersedes 24-2093. Reason for update: address the revised software and include affected 3.5L PowerBoost vehicles
Model:
Ford
2021-2022 F-150
non-Lightning
2023 F-150non-3.3L
non-Lightning
Markets: North American markets only

Issue: Some 2021-2023 F-150 vehicles equipped with a gasoline, hybrid or flex fuel engine (non-Lightning) except 2023 F-150 with 3.3L may exhibit inoperative A/C, lack of air flow, blows warm, and/or evidence of the evaporator freezing. This may be due to the software level of the PCM and HVACmodule. To correct this condition, follow the Service Procedure to reprogram the PCMand HVAC module to the latest software level via the FDRS.

Dealer said I was second to have this done so no word on effectiveness. Here in Georgia I couldn’t face another summer with the AC evaporator freezing up after 1.5 hours of use any more.

Will update if and how well this TSB turns out.
Sponsored

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Mine does this as well.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Nice. Good to see this is applicable to the PBs. I thought I had read it didn’t and would be coming in the future

OP
OP

wbarrett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
So far so good. I picked my PB up today and it made it over a hour in high humidity without a freeze up. (Knock on wood).

Observations:
1. The PCM update resets your middle 2 of 4 gauges to default if you had changed them from default.
2. The transmission loses all your driving style learnings. It downshifts as harshly as it did when new for me now.
3. The 1-3 shift bypass is fixed and now upshifts 1, 2, 3 etc properly without the jump past 2. I tested this in both Normal and Eco modes.

Sponsored

mistermoon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 PB
Had mine done last week. Too early to tell if it's working.

I've not noticed any difference in shifting, but have not been watching it either. The 1-3 shift never bothered me anyway. Mine always shifts 1-2 when towing my camper, 1-3 without. Now I've got something to look for.

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
This only has to do with AC issues correct? Not the (seemingly normal) function in winter where even on low fan and temps at 63 or 64F the truck blows very hot air on your feet.

I've not had any issue with my AC thankfully. But one question.... Where I live in Idaho it gets quite hot in summer (days in 90s and possibly over 100) but it is extremely dry. Have people seen this issue in this type of dry-heat climate or are people seeing this like in the South and Midwest with the much higher humidities?

Cjones1999

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost
Just had my 2023 F150 2.7 done yesterday. Drove it for around a hour on and off. Still seemed to have less airflow on max ac than when I first start the truck. Prior to the reprogram I had no airflow after about twenty-thirty minutes of running the AC. Now after the same amount of run time I still feel some airflow yet it isn’t as strong as it is when I first start the truck. Anyone else still noticing a lack of airflow even after the reprogram?

23PB&Me

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 PB Lariat
I had an instance last week where I remote started the truck and when we got to it the air was on full blast hot. The temp gauges said the correct set point, we set it to max AC and low but it still blew hot air. Killed the truck, open/closed the door, turned it back on and it started working. I wonder if this TSB is related to that or if it was a remote start glitch. This definitely wasn’t “warm” air, it was full blast hot air. Cab was so hot the wife got out and waited in the sun and heat outside while I tried to figure it out.
Sponsored