First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I just completed my first 1000 miles on my Lariat power boost mostly local, and the only real concern I have is several situations where the air conditioning had little flow from the open vents and did not cool off the cabin. Other times the cool air flow has high with what I believe to be the same settings. Does anyone have this same experience ? Any thoughts on why or what I may be doing wrong ?
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I just completed my first 1000 miles on my Lariat power boost mostly local, and the only real concern I have is several situations where the air conditioning had little flow from the open vents and did not cool off the cabin. Other times the cool air flow has high with what I believe to be the same settings. Does anyone have this same experience ? Any thoughts on why or what I may be doing wrong ?
I have a Lariat 502A with the 5.0, just over 600 miles and experience the same with my A/C.

Also this is my first F150 with auto temp and don't understand why when I actually use the auto temp the max a/c shuts off. My mom has a 2005 Lexus LS and if I remember correctly her car doesn't do that.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Im not a fan of auto temperature anyways. I prefer to manually set the temp. So far so good with me.

blentre

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Power Boost Limited
In case you didn't know, there are three fan speeds for auto cool signified by the lights and that's a new one on me. I keep mine on auto high which has 3 indicator lights on the button vs low (1 light) and medium (2 lights). I normally start at 65 then turn it up as the cabin gets cool on longer drives and the wife starts putting on a coat and blankets. If it's really bad, I use the max button and recirc. I did have all the windows treated with a ceramic film including the panoramic sunroof for central Texas. My seat is on cool level 2 and it works out pretty well for me. Good luck!

OP
OP
Steve2352

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
Yeah I had the fan on Auto high

Sponsored

Dvh7d

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT
You have to turn on the Max AC button if you want real AC

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm in Texas Coastal tropics and just enjoyed the truck in the 3 hottest months of the year. I'm thrilled with the air conditioning in this new truck, especially with the motor not even running! The cabin is perfectly cooled for 23 minutes at a time between the motor starting and idling for about 55 seconds.

I have no clue how different the AC system is on the Powerboost, but so far it's one of the most impressive aspects to the truck.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
I am having the same issue with the intermittent cooling issue. I just finished a 2500 mile trip to CO, AZ, UT and found the same issue. It seems the auto function reacts to outside ambient temps as well as inside temps. Some times it just starts blowing cold and then without adjustments goes dark and does nothing even when hot in the cab. Seems like messing with fan speed and vent direction corrects the issue when colder temps are needed. I guess we will figure it out over the long term.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Sales
My AC unit did the same thing a few weeks ago. I live in Arizona and it was mid 90's outside and i was pulling my RV up the mountains. Suddenly the cabin started getting warmer and warmer so i turned the AC fan up higher and next thing i realized we were at Fan Speed 7 but hardly anything was coming out. I verified the air was being directed to the front vents and nothing. I tried switching the air flow to feet or defrost and back to front vents and nothing. I could hear the blower blowing full steam but no air was coming out of ANY vent. Even pulling over and turning the truck off and on it did nothing. Once we got to our destination and the truck sat off for a few hours, everything went back to normal. The problem hasn't happened again. Hopefully it never happens again or a TSB comes out or someone finds the problem. You are not alone with this problem.

Sponsored

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
I have experienced the same issues since brand new, now 19k miles on the truck and still present. Erratic airflow and poor performance. Another member reported that they had the AC Control Module replaced and that solved the problem. I have yet to take mine in to the dealership for the replacement module but will be calling my service manager soon and have them order the module beforehand.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
The ac in my truck was fine but now has strange behavior similar to descriptions in this thread. I found:
1) worse when using "Dual"
2) won't raise fan speed to match thermostat
3) will raise fan if thermostat is turned above/below ambient temp displayed on dash
e.g. if it's 65 degrees outside, and the cabin is hot due to direct sunlight, the ac will do nothing if the thermostat setting is 72 and the cabin is too hot (above 72) but if you keep lowering the thermostat till it's at 65 or 64, the fans will speed up right on that threshold
4) I suspect there's one or more cabin temp sensors making mistakes
5) Because "Dual" makes it worse, I suspect the passenger side temp sensor(s) is/are making mistakes (perhaps under direct sunlight.)
Really annoying but at least the heat/cold does work and can be set manually, so we'll live but we're in the middle of a 4000+ mile trip, so, well, isn't that when things tend to go wrong? : )

g33kmode

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tundra
I think the vent “door” inside is getting stuck closed. I’ve experienced this a few times, currently at 5K miles on ‘22 PB. Just had it happen on my way home. When I crank it up to highest fan speed and max aC I can hear it behind the dash but it’s not coming out of the vents

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
My workaround is pull over, shut the vehicle off for about a minute then restart and working as it should. I explained to my service advisor and they want me leave the vehicle over night. Problem is it won't happen after an hour of long drive with ac running.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think the vent “door” inside is getting stuck closed. I’ve experienced this a few times, currently at 5K miles on ‘22 PB. Just had it happen on my way home. When I crank it up to highest fan speed and max aC I can hear it behind the dash but it’s not coming out of the vents
Hi there! I would be happy to look into your F-150’s AC issues on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your F-150’s VIN?
Sponsored