Inconsistent Air Conditioning Performance

JJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat CC PB
Taking my truck in tomorrow (dreading it) for a few things. Pre collision warning not available, no cruise control, passenger window only rolls half-way up and this air conditioner issue. Any words of wisdom for me to tell the service dept. regarding the AC randomly blowing low volume or warm air if the bulletin doesn't work for them? Seems to happen to me on longer drives of 3+ hrs.
Update...AC evap temp sensor is erratic, parts ordered. Sounds like there was a leak.
Sponsored

JimmyKumbaya

First Name
JimBob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL (STX)
Add me to the long list of affected owners. I take it, since it hasn't been mentioned, that the A/C failure described in TSB 22-2089 doesn't set any kind of diagnostic code that the dealer can read (or the owner provide as proof)? If the dealers can get away with kicking the can down the road until you're (un)lucky enough to be near a dealer when it happens, nothing prevents them from running out the clock on the warranty ...

JJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat CC PB
I didn't have any lights come on in the dash when the ac was acting up for me. I didn't have a code reader either, so never tried to read on my end. The dealer was very receptive when I told them my issues. They thanked me for providing all the details that most folks had in this thread. Provide the TSB, give them as much info as possible to help them diagnose. Also, Ford Motor Company (in this thread) contacted me to start a claim. I would send them a PM to get the ball rolling just in case the dealer doesn't want to help. I think they need your name, phone, vin, and local dealer info. Good luck with the fix!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Add me to the long list of affected owners. I take it, since it hasn't been mentioned, that the A/C failure described in TSB 22-2089 doesn't set any kind of diagnostic code that the dealer can read (or the owner provide as proof)? If the dealers can get away with kicking the can down the road until you're (un)lucky enough to be near a dealer when it happens, nothing prevents them from running out the clock on the warranty ...
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s A/C concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

JimmyKumbaya

First Name
JimBob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL (STX)
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s A/C concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
What exactly can you do for me? Last time I took that route, I was contacted by a "Social Media Rep" from Ford (who knew absolutely nothing about the issue), and then when I reported that I'd taken it to the dealer and been told "bring it back when it's failing, that's all we can do," that Social Media Rep said "okay, we're calling this done. Thanks for being a loyal Ford customer!"

So, not intending to be rude, but is there likely to be a different outcome this time? Say yes and I'll gladly do as you suggest ...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hard to be rude enough to hurt the feelings of a bot.
Sponsored