First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FX4 PowerBoost, 64 El Camino, 65 Mustang Conv
Occupation
Software Engineer
Haven't taken it in there yet, appointment is next Monday. I was definitely surprised when they told me they're replacing them.
They applied another fix, don't have handy, which one it was, but it seemed to resolve the issue.
Sponsored

AverageGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Amazing ^

Applying an update to the module takes minutes. Literally. They'd be done before you finished your coffee.
I had my Powerboost in for a fix to the dashboard. The My View settings would constantly reset themselves. The fix took a week to get installed. The dealership said that the software would constantly get a certain way through and then crash.

It was funny when they completed the job on the first try they drove the truck out to me and said thanks, have a great day. The dashboard had no software, just dead. The gauges for speed and so forth didn't even work. I have an XLT so that was even more impressive that they were able to brick those analog gauges.

Anyways, I think you're right that it should go quickly. I just don't know if it was user error or if the Ford software was really that unstable.