Truck sitting in port for weeks?!?!?!

Bossslp

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
New member but I’ve been following along the trials and tribulations! I ordered a 2022 powerboost in March. Things were sailing along until the transport. Truck has been in transit since late June. It was finally delivered to the port of Richmond rail yard, 12 miles from the dealer two and a half weeks ago and hasn’t moved since. I’ve spoken with the salesman multiple times and he doesn’t know what the hold up is. Even spoke to the dispatcher who said it should be “coming soon.”
Have any of you guys dealt with this kind of situation? Truck just sitting at final rail yard for weeks with no delivery? It is beyond frustrating to be so close, but still so far.
Sponsored

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
New member but I’ve been following along the trials and tribulations! I ordered a 2022 powerboost in March. Things were sailing along until the transport. Truck has been in transit since late June. It was finally delivered to the port of Richmond rail yard, 12 miles from the dealer two and a half weeks ago and hasn’t moved since. I’ve spoken with the salesman multiple times and he doesn’t know what the hold up is. Even spoke to the dispatcher who said it should be “coming soon.”
Have any of you guys dealt with this kind of situation? Truck just sitting at final rail yard for weeks with no delivery? It is beyond frustrating to be so close, but still so far.
Weeks huh? Lol brother, my truck shipped via rail from Dearborn on June 22nd. It arrived promptly in KC on June 26th. The only thing left is a truck ride to the dealership…53 days later 🤦‍♂️

Ford F-150 Truck sitting in port for weeks?!?!?! 523D55BA-61C9-441D-A01B-2193FE98A717

OP
OP

Bossslp

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Weeks huh? Lol brother, my truck shipped via rail from Dearborn on June 22nd. It arrived promptly in KC on June 26th. The only thing left is a truck ride to the dealership…53 days later 🤦‍♂️

523D55BA-61C9-441D-A01B-2193FE98A717.jpeg
Ouch! I feel your pain. Mine isn’t as bad as yours though! What does your dealer say?

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ouch! I feel your pain. Mine isn’t as bad as yours though! What does your dealer say?
“Here’s the latest VVR…we hope to have it soon” 😒

OP
OP

Bossslp

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
“Here’s the latest VVR…we hope to have it soon” 😒
Yeah, their answers are worth less than nothing. The shipping part of this journey has been the worst. My truck also sat in Portland for six weeks.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine at in a railyard 8 miles from the dealer for more than 2 weeks.

Sat on the railcar for a week waiting for offload space. Then waiting on a truck to get to dealer.

You have heard of the trucker shortage, right?

OP
OP

Bossslp

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Mine at in a railyard 8 miles from the dealer for more than 2 weeks.

Sat on the railcar for a week waiting for offload space. Then waiting on a truck to get to dealer.

You have heard of the trucker shortage, right?
Yes, I’ve heard of the trucker shortage. It’s just beyond frustrating. Six months isn’t as long as some other guys here have waited, but damn, there are trucks with blend dates in august sitting on lots around here while our trucks wait after being built months ago.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
"In transport" 54 days and counting. This is to make a single 3 hour drive by Convoy (no rail).

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Screw 3.5EB max tow
Occupation
Tech
Mine was shipped from KC made it to Port Newark in less than 10 days (approximately 40 mins from the dealer). I have an expected delivery date of 10/13. Everyday on the way to work I pass my dealership. The Landrover dealership almost next door has a full truck load of new Landrovers 5 times out of 8 days. I haven’t seen one at my ford dealer yet. But I’m watching. Lol

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
New member but I’ve been following along the trials and tribulations! I ordered a 2022 powerboost in March. Things were sailing along until the transport. Truck has been in transit since late June. It was finally delivered to the port of Richmond rail yard, 12 miles from the dealer two and a half weeks ago and hasn’t moved since. I’ve spoken with the salesman multi
Having worked at both sites, the Benicia rail yard seems to have their shit together a little more than the Richmond yard.
I got lucky, my truck was shipped from KC to Benicia and only sat for 6 days.

Hope you get your truck soon!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I work in an office building that has windows overlooking the entrance to a rail yard for vehicles. It's a never ending convoy of various makes/models stacked on transport trucks flowing out of the place.

That's obviously misleading because for 22 years I thought that indicated what anyone would think it indicates. Right?

However, my dealership that I have purchased from for 24 years is about 15 miles south of the yard on exactly the same road, yet they informed me that these days they could never predict when a vehicle will be delivered that has arrived at the yard. It can be days, but also weeks.

They also reminded me that I had almost always purchased from their inventory in the past, so I would have been completely unaware of shipping sagas of the vehicle I took home. :)

Not to rub salt in the wound, but the truck I currently drive was a special order by me. My salesman notified me the day it arrived at the railroad yard because he knew I worked across the street, so to speak. That's when we had the discussion of what to expect and I learned what I stated above. However, much to my salesmans surprise, he texted me the next day with pictures of my truck at the dealership. 1 day!

Go figure. You just can't predict things these days.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I had a friend that ordered a Super Duty Jan 6th 2022 It was deliverd to railyard 62 miles away on July 3rd. It arrived at dealer2nd week in August. They say a shortage of truck drivers were causing the delay.Who really knows? Good Luck

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"In transport" 54 days and counting. This is to make a single 3 hour drive by Convoy (no rail).
What plant and where is it heading?