Sponsored

Truck sitting in port for weeks?!?!?!

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
KC to Iowa. It did arrive yesterday though. šŸ˜
See? Thatā€™s what I donā€™t understandā€¦mine has been in KC since July 26 waiting to be delivered to Granger in Iowa too! I keep getting passed up by every other truck coming through there! WHY @Ford Motor Company ?!
Sponsored

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
See? Thatā€™s what I donā€™t understandā€¦mine has been in KC since July 26 waiting to be delivered to Granger in Iowa too! I keep getting passed up by every other truck coming through there! WHY @Ford Motor Company ?!
Yes this was the most frustrating part. Seeing later build dates getting shipped to the same destination before mine. Not sure why yours wasn't on the same truck as mine.

OP
OP

Bossslp

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Well, I got an email from the dealer this morning at 6am. My truck arrived at the dealership exactly six months and four days after I ordered. Long road is almost over.

ronsandiego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat Sport, PB, FX4
Yes, Iā€™ve heard of the trucker shortage. Itā€™s just beyond frustrating. Six months isnā€™t as long as some other guys here have waited, but damn, there are trucks with blend dates in august sitting on lots around here while our trucks wait after being built months ago.
Not mine - Ordered my PB 502A in February - it's still in production and has been for the last 33 days (on chip hold). I'm looking forward to waiting another 3 months after it gets built for it to arrive at my dealer.

I understand there are global supply chain issues, a trucker shortage, a potential rail worker strike -- but this is the biggest shit show I've ever been a part of and a terrible buying experience. The lack of transparency or any type of communication that's not a stock email -- is the biggest issue.

I would have canceled my order by now but I'm not willing to pay a premium over MSRP for another car, so I'm stuck waiting with no end in sight. It bums me out that we're all pretty much in the same position.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Well, I got an email from the dealer this morning at 6am. My truck arrived at the dealership exactly six months and four days after I ordered. Long road is almost over.
I waited just about the same amount of time as you. Congratulations, you are almost there. Such a relief when itā€™s finally done. šŸ»

Sponsored

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Ordered in Jan, it was built late July. Still sitting in Dearborn. I've seen a raptor and 3 tremors arrive at my dealer last week as lot vehicles so I really don't get it. Thought the customs orders had priority. This whole process sucks!

BIGSTUF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
Ordered in Jan, it was built late July. Still sitting in Dearborn. I've seen a raptor and 3 tremors arrive at my dealer last week as lot vehicles so I really don't get it. Thought the customs orders had priority. This whole process sucks!
I can already feel it cominā€¦folks are gonna start getting their 2023ā€™s before we get our 2022ā€™s. Damn shame and a complete joke

OP
OP

Bossslp

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Itā€™s a long rough road fellas. Picked my truck up today after going camping all weekend. It was worth the wait for sure truck is amazing.

Ford F-150 Truck sitting in port for weeks?!?!?! 5EDA2EC7-36C4-4B8E-8EBC-511475225003

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Mine left Dearborn, and sat in Blue Island rail yard, 270 miles away from Dearborn, for a few weeks. I just heard a few days ago that the railcar is in Spokane, Washington as of Sept 12th!! It's supposed to be coming to Houston!! Ford Chat just said it's in Laurel, MT, Sept 14th. I guess I should be happy it's not on the west coast anymore... ETA Sep 27th. If anything, that might be when it gets to the holding lot in Houston. I'm told it can be several weeks before it's actually delivered to the dealership from the holding lot.

BroCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Subaru WRX STI, 2019 Explorer Platinum
Mine left Dearborn, and sat in Blue Island rail yard, 270 miles away from Dearborn, for a few weeks. I just heard a few days ago that the railcar is in Spokane, Washington as of Sept 12th!! It's supposed to be coming to Houston!! Ford Chat just said it's in Laurel, MT, Sept 14th. I guess I should be happy it's not on the west coast anymore... ETA Sep 27th. If anything, that might be when it gets to the holding lot in Houston. I'm told it can be several weeks before it's actually delivered to the dealership from the holding lot.
How did you track your truck. Did you just ask Ford Chat daily?

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
How did you track your truck. Did you just ask Ford Chat daily?
It was daily, but then got tired of it sitting so I check Ford Chat a couple times a week. Once it is on a railcar, and you have the railcar number, most people are able to track it by automated phone system. Mine doesn't work as it says the railcar is empty and sitting in California. So I just check periodically with Ford Chat or the dealer. They both see the same Vehicle Visibility Report.

If you're interested in trying the phone system, this is what I found -

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Fully automated - 18002352352,,,,,1#,,81814192#,,716133#,,## two digits for each letter
Mine with railcar # NKCR008633 - 18002352352,,,,,1#,,62522373#,,008633#,,##

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Not mine - Ordered my PB 502A in February - it's still in production and has been for the last 33 days (on chip hold). I'm looking forward to waiting another 3 months after it gets built for it to arrive at my dealer.

I understand there are global supply chain issues, a trucker shortage, a potential rail worker strike -- but this is the biggest shit show I've ever been a part of and a terrible buying experience. The lack of transparency or any type of communication that's not a stock email -- is the biggest issue.

I would have canceled my order by now but I'm not willing to pay a premium over MSRP for another car, so I'm stuck waiting with no end in sight. It bums me out that we're all pretty much in the same position.
You picked a bad time to order a vehicle in general. No manufacturer is doing any better than Ford. In fact most do not offer the tracking that ford does.

Buddy ordered a 1500 for some unknown reason. There is no tracking site. Dealer told him dont bother calling. We will call you when it arrives.

BroCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was daily, but then got tired of it sitting so I check Ford Chat a couple times a week. Once it is on a railcar, and you have the railcar number, most people are able to track it by automated phone system. Mine doesn't work as it says the railcar is empty and sitting in California. So I just check periodically with Ford Chat or the dealer. They both see the same Vehicle Visibility Report.

If you're interested in trying the phone system, this is what I found -

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Fully automated - 18002352352,,,,,1#,,81814192#,,716133#,,## two digits for each letter
Mine with railcar # NKCR008633 - 18002352352,,,,,1#,,62522373#,,008633#,,##
did you get the rail info from the Order Track website? as of right now, mine doesn't have any of the shipping info populated.

I do appreciate you sharing the information!

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
did you get the rail info from the Order Track website? as of right now, mine doesn't have any of the shipping info populated.

I do appreciate you sharing the information!
If it ships by rail, the ordertrack app won't show anything. The Vehicle Visibility Report that Ford Chat and your dealer sees will have the railcar number. It will be in the first line when In Transit. There are other updates before this as it goes through production.

This was the first few updates on mine once it was in transit. Yellow highlights railcar number. 1st date is the date of the update. Last two dates are what I would call best guess ETA range for delivery.

Ford F-150 Truck sitting in port for weeks?!?!?! 1663622665496

BroCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it ships by rail, the ordertrack app won't show anything. The Vehicle Visibility Report that Ford Chat and your dealer sees will have the railcar number. It will be in the first line when In Transit. There are other updates before this as it goes through production.

This was the first few updates on mine once it was in transit. Yellow highlights railcar number. 1st date is the date of the update. Last two dates are what I would call best guess ETA range for delivery.

1663622665496.png
Thank you so much for your knowledge as we all learn how to navigate this mess!
Sponsored