Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia, Rav4
Occupation
Beverage Rep.
  • Banned
Tom Petty was right!!! The WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART. It's not the waiting since February 2, the date I placed the order. I was told by the small town dealership it would take 3-4 months (ha-ha) for delivery. I expected longer and was right. Some times I hate when I'm right.

What's got me so pissed is the 21+ days my XLT has been sitting in a storage yard in one of the worst neighborhoods in New Orleans waiting on a transport truck for the final 45 mile trip to the dealership. I keep having nightmares that the trucks been stripped and sitting on its belly missing all four wheels. 78 days and counting in the transit phase according to Ordertrack, with the longest wait being 128 days, poor guy.

Getting tired of taking my frustrations out on Ford Chat. If they tell me "we have documented your experience" again I'm going to break something...
Sponsored

LariatOfFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT
At least yours shipped. Mine has been sitting at the KC plant for well over a month.

flasch192

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 1993 Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Engine Assembly Tech
lol mine sat 2 plus months , patience is a virtue !

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
I’m in the same boat and feel your pain - ordered 12/15/21… was relieved and excited to get built and shipped but been sitting at the rail yard waiting for that last leg for about the same amount of time as you have. Antsy doesn’t begin to describe how I’m feeling.

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
What chaffed my ass is the lack of communication. Finally built 6/9, didn't ship until July 20, delivery date bumped 4th time to Aug 16......
I surrendered, getting Silverado today...

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
What chaffed my ass is the lack of communication. Finally built 6/9, didn't ship until July 20, delivery date bumped 4th time to Aug 16......
I surrendered, getting Silverado today...
Fwiw we’ve got some individuals who have been waiting months longer than that. The build week of January 3 thread still isn’t closed off yet as one person is waiting for delivery. Two months for delivery seems relatively acceptable at this point, unfortunately.

Harvey13118

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ordered Early April Built June 1st. Been sitting 9 weeks as I type this. Ford Management will not respond. I git a canned response when they do reply with a canned response. We'll look into it and let you know in a week. This is the 3rd time exact same response with no info.

Ford Management and shipping SUCK! Never again!

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Ordered Early April Built June 1st. Been sitting 9 weeks as I type this. Ford Management will not respond. I git a canned response when they do reply with a canned response. We'll look into it and let you know in a week. This is the 3rd time exact same response with no info.

Ford Management and shipping SUCK! Never again!
“Ordered early April built June 1st” - my guy, I’d take that with a shipping delay as a win - a lot of folks ordered October, November, or December of last year and didn’t get built until June/July. Others have been in chip purgatory for months and months. A lot of the shipping delays are out of Ford’s hands, as frustrating as they are - if there’s a shortage of truckers to move things from railway to dealership that’s not Fords fault or the dealerships fault; if the rail company doesn’t have enough workers to make “normal” runs that’s not Fords fault or the dealerships fault either. And it’s not like they can just go get another rail/truck company to move stuff because all the other rail/truck companies are having the same issues.

Harvey13118

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a lot of sympathy for those that have $75K+ trucks on order. Dearborn is only a Truck ride to Central NYS. And I git it that once they drive the truck to a shipper lot they wash their hands of it. THAT IS BS!!!!

The shippers they are using need to be more responsible for timely moves. I've seen where builds after mine have shipped by convoy/truck with in a few days.

Sponsored

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
That is crazy, the dealer should just go pick up the truck and drive it back that short of distance, or if it was me I would offer to go drive it back myself.

In theory that is what needs to happen to get back on track. But we are dealing with Unions here. NOTHING is ever logical.