First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Any updates regarding the software update? Any info is appreciated! I’m about ready to start the buyback process if this isn’t fixed soon. I have friends that have these trucks as well and I will tell them all to do the same. Predictably, Ford contacted me and never followed up.
Thanks
I’m wondering the same thing. I’m ready to pull the trigger on a buy back or retain a lemon law attorney if this is not resolved soon. Ford probably thinks we forgot about the problem, sold it, or traded it. I have friends that ride with me and are like WTF is wrong with your truck!? I advise them to avoid Ford trucks at all costs until this problem is resolved.
Sponsored

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
I am just curious, how many people with this same issue had the auto start/stop removed?

PReam

First Name
Putnam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Experienced intense engine/transmission shudder several times over the last few weeks, finally got so bad I would have to pull over, turn the truck off and on again in a few minutes. Has happened anywhere from 10mph up to 75mph...truck was vibrating so bad that when I was taking a video on my phone you could hear it in my voice (like taking into a fan). Check engine light appeared and was flashing for several minutes, the Ford app dinged and told me the engine detected a misfire. Finally got an appointment with the dealer. Been there for a week and Ford called today saying they replaced the “Turbo Tube” to remedy. Picking up tomorrow so we’ll see how it goes. ‘21 F150 KR Powerboost with 9k miles.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I doubt every truck with a shudder is the same exact shudder. A word like "shudder" is appropriate for various sources.
But I'm not surprised in the least that some percentage of trucks with a shudder have accompanying misfires.
The 3.5 Ecoboost ICE has always been sensitive to sparkplug and coil health.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
37k miles and the shudder has lessened. Guess the tranny just needed to break in. Lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I am just curious, how many people with this same issue had the auto start/stop removed?
My auto start/stop was not removed

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I had my driveshaft replaced (recall) and had them reset my transmission learner TCM. My clunky shifting seems to be fixed but the shudder was not.

I still have my auto start/stop.

eblad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I've got a 2022 F150 with the 3.5eco and have hesitation/shudder 8-9-10 gear under moderate acceleration and just casual driving. Has anyone found a fix for this? Very annoying. Have noticed this issue since the very beginning and the truck now has 2,000 miles on it currently.

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
I've got a 2022 F150 with the 3.5eco and have hesitation/shudder 8-9-10 gear under moderate acceleration and just casual driving. Has anyone found a fix for this? Very annoying. Have noticed this issue since the very beginning and the truck now has 2,000 miles on it currently.
Same here, no fix yet. I’ve heard a potential fix is in the works pertaining to a “fuel trim issue” just repeating what I’ve heard. No other info yet.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey there! I can look into your F-150's shudder concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer said something about the transmission learns your driving habits for the first 1k miles and to come back after my truck has 1k miles on it. Not sure how much of that I believe but once it hits 1k it’s going back. It still shudders
Your dealer is an idiot. It has nothing to do with your driving habits.

This 10sp is used in many cars and trucks with many different engines, rear gearing, vehicle weight, etc.

It adapts to the vehicle, not you.

mryan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platnium, 2019 Audi A7
Dealer doesn’t know what he’s doing. Don’t waste your time with Official Ford user. Supposedly there is a software fix coming. Once passed by EPA dudes. Now I don’t know if this statement has been verified.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Good luck, We are all in the same boat. Very sad that my $105k truck came with the transmission shudder/vibration as standard option !!!1 Last time my truck was in a few weeks ago, I had #3 ignition coil and spark plug replaced, latest transmission flash performed and three tires re balanced. The transmission is a bit better but still present, and the vibration is still there. Very annoying , I am really considering getting rid of the truck !

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
Your dealer is an idiot. It has nothing to do with your driving habits.

This 10sp is used in many cars and trucks with many different engines, rear gearing, vehicle weight, etc.

It adapts to the vehicle, not you.
We've already discussed this together back in March. Like I said back then, it's learning my vehicle via common core. Still hasn't "adapted" to my vehicle in 11k miles

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There was a PCM Update released for the 3.5 Ecoboost this week. I have heard that it makes it better.
Sponsored