Trailer brake not working

mlmarcum

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Assume also that the trailer brakes operated on the GMC. Since you had the recall done, assume the recall was correctly done and nothing was bricked.

If you cannot test with another trailer, test the outlet for power with either a dedicated 7 way RV test plug test plug ($10) or a meter. If you are missing power, first stop are fuses . Once you have covered those basic steps you can share it with the dealer techs.
Thanks for the reply! Yep, the brakes worked fine on the GMC. We've done a lot of the basic testing already - I just made a new thread going into all the detail if you're interested at all.

Dd08

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
Hello,

I'm wondering if this ever had been resolved? I peeked through as many of the pages as I can and I also have this problem as of Yesterday. 2021 Ford F150 XLT 302A.

Trailer lights worked fine, and we went camping last week and appeared to have no issues, went to manually pull the brake on the highway and absolutely nothing, said no trailer detected.

Was really looking forward to trying out my pro backup assist but this also wouldn't work as it didn't detect a trailer.

It's been a while since I've posted but beyond frustrated with all the little minor issues in this truck now.

mlmarcum

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Hello,

I'm wondering if this ever had been resolved? I peeked through as many of the pages as I can and I also have this problem as of Yesterday. 2021 Ford F150 XLT 302A.

Trailer lights worked fine, and we went camping last week and appeared to have no issues, went to manually pull the brake on the highway and absolutely nothing, said no trailer detected.

Was really looking forward to trying out my pro backup assist but this also wouldn't work as it didn't detect a trailer.

It's been a while since I've posted but beyond frustrated with all the little minor issues in this truck now.
Dude, I wish. Still stuck in total purgatory on this. They're replacing the brake control module again and the wiring harness, should be done today but their hopes are low that it'll actually fix it. Good luck, I hope yours is a simple fix!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello,

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

tmdaley

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 HEV Lariat
Hello Dd08, my trailer brake problem was fixed by the software recall. My 2021 hybrid F150 was having intermittent problems but has been fine on 5 or 6 trips since the recall. Trailer backup assists works (with the physical sensor attached), though I don't find it useful.

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
Last time I was towing, about 2 weeks ago, I got these messages.
Ford F-150 Trailer brake not working IMG-1886

Ford F-150 Trailer brake not working IMG-1889

But all my lights worked including brake lights and turn signals and I think my trailer brakes were working but couldn't really tell as I was only flat trailer towing a car so not much load for the F-150. Haven't contacted dealer yet as I was waiting for my next oil change to discuss.
Sponsored