Sponsored

Topper / Camper with tool shelf windows that doesn't look commercial?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I dont know if there is such a thing but I am looking for a topper / camper top that has flip up windows for tool access but looks the least commerical as possible. Best I saw was maybe an ARE with win-doors. Any other good opitions. I am a landlord/property manager so need a decent tool selection but want to keep the truck looking as least commerical as possible
Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Everyone I know who keeps tools in their truck knows better than to get windows on their topper for security reasons. So I’d say that anything you do get, if it has windows it will not look commercial.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You could also look at the roll out drawer system that sits on the bed of the truck and allows you to put any type of topper on your truck if needed.

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
RSI smartcap

It's not cheap, but indestructible, well engineered and thought out

I just got mine on last week, I'll get some pictures shortly

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
RSI smartcap

It's not cheap, but indestructible, well engineered and thought out

I just got mine on last week, I'll get some pictures shortly
@H4ppyB34r 0 I saw that last night. I was afraid someone would recommend this :ROFLMAO: as it is so pricy. Which one did you get. Would love to see pictures

Sponsored

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Mine is the 6.5ft commercial cap, it came in white, and I had it sprayed with color matched Kevlar just like the bed and bumper\grill.

I like that it's white on the inside, it seems much brighter than my last one, even though the last one I had had side glass windows.

Excuse the third brake light wiring, I just put the cap on last week, it was 10pm when I finally got it in the truck, and we headed out of town for the holidays. Just got back yesterday.

I also have a set of decked Drawers, packed full of tools. I'm a General Contractor.
Ford F-150 Topper / Camper with tool shelf windows that doesn't look commercial? 1000008922

Ford F-150 Topper / Camper with tool shelf windows that doesn't look commercial? 1000008923

Ford F-150 Topper / Camper with tool shelf windows that doesn't look commercial? 1000008924

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Mine is the 6.5ft commercial cap, it came in white, and I had it sprayed with color matched Kevlar just like the bed and bumper\grill.

I like that it's white on the inside, it seems much brighter than my last one, even though the last one I had had side glass windows.

Excuse the third brake light wiring, I just put the cap on last week, it was 10pm when I finally got it in the truck, and we headed out of town for the holidays. Just got back yesterday.

I also have a set of decked Drawers, packed full of tools. I'm a General Contractor.
1000008922.jpg

1000008923.jpg

1000008924.jpg
Thanks, I do really like that top. If my truck gets delivered it would be area 51, that bronco blue color with black wheels so I think that top painted black wouldn't look bad at all. Especially the way you did it. I did notice that same thing that the commercial top only came in white.

I go back and forth on getting the decked system. I mostly use the DeWalt tstak took boxes as their lighter and I'm a jack of all trades / master of none and I do a lot of work on row houses where I'm trucking everything up three and a half flights of stairs. Assuming my toolbox fit I've been thinking a lot about the pros and cons about having boxes inside drawers vs the new flat deck that it provides. I did kind of decide that without a camper top I thought the deck system just meant that the stuff that I would put in the bed would be at risk of falling out, but if I spend the extra thousand and get the top maybe it all comes together. Thanks
Sponsored