Sponsored

Rack cross bars that work with tonneau cover?

D3adk

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT Sport
I have the Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover and just purchased a Thule 3 person roof top tent. Trying to figure out some racks that will still allow me to have my tonneau cover. I don't care if i can't open the tonneau cover. The only real option appears to be Billiebars. Is anyone running Billiebars? Would like to see some photos on how they look. I'd most likely get the 5" bars. I'm just concerned they will look so industrial and ugly compared to other types of cross bars. In photos they appear to have an overhang over the side of the bed which i'm not keen on.

Was really trying to figure out how to get some Thule bars to work with this tonneau cover but seems impossible. If anyone has any other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Sponsored

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Have you looked at Agricover? If the Backflip still has the stake pockets exposed, Agricover Adarac’s will work. I have a couple posts on the setup, it’s working well so far. They have a “mid-height” bar or I’m guessing you can also use t-slot or unistrut bars or something else hand-made to create a lower-height bar.

A couple other brands I’ve found (but didn’t look closely at): Dee Zee, Putco Tec rail, Rhino XRS, Truxedo.

JBrochacho

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Full-time student, Army vet
I have the Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover and just purchased a Thule 3 person roof top tent. Trying to figure out some racks that will still allow me to have my tonneau cover. I don't care if i can't open the tonneau cover. The only real option appears to be Billiebars. Is anyone running Billiebars? Would like to see some photos on how they look. I'd most likely get the 5" bars. I'm just concerned they will look so industrial and ugly compared to other types of cross bars. In photos they appear to have an overhang over the side of the bed which i'm not keen on.

Was really trying to figure out how to get some Thule bars to work with this tonneau cover but seems impossible. If anyone has any other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Am I correct in assuming the MX4 is a "between the rails" tonneau? If so, that broadens your horizons in terms of choices/brands.

My previous truck was a Ranger, and I went with a "between-the-rails" tonneau (TruXedo LoPro) and the Elevate rails with Yakima bars and racks. Then switched to the Elevate rails (they're height-adjustable!).

For reference:
https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...-elevate-rack-system/elevate-rack-system.html
Sponsored