somecatchyphrase

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2023 Audi Etron Quattro
Occupation
Doer of stuff and things.
I have to agree that the 360 cameras are incredibly helpful on a truck this size (I have a SuperCrew with 6.5 foot bed) especially in smaller/tighter parking lots. I haven’t towed with 360 cameras yet as I just got the truck last month but will be towing in 2 weeks and am hoping they help there too. I wanted a Lariat but wanted to be able to tow my travel trailer and built it with towing in mind and ended up with 1906 lb payload which isn’t bad for a 4x4 max tow Lariat. I’m sure you could probably build out an XLT with a payload a little higher than that.
That is an impressive payload for a lariat. Do you happen to have your window sticker?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
For what it is worth
I have a lightly optioned XLT 301
Super cab, 8’ box
Console
36 gallon tank
HDPP wheels ( not the package)
Locking rear
4x4
My payload is just a hair over 2000#.
I only stepped up to the 301 for the leather steering wheel and power seat. Dual AC and the other little things were just perks I had no real interest in.
Not really used as anything more than a commuter, as I still have the old Chevy for the dirty rough work.
Relatively sparsely optioned trucks have been what I have been using since I was 17, and this is my first truck with power windows and automatic trans.

so, you can get a decent payload without stepping all the way up to the now unavailable HDPP for XLT.

OP
OP
somecatchyphrase

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
There has been a lot of great feedback on this thread. I am definitely weighing the 360 cameras more heavily now. With a bed topper it seems to make even more sense. If I could get a lightly optioned 2023 XLT 301a around 1900 payload I would be very happy with that. My concern is that I would order the truck and it come to the lot with less than 1700 payload which would be an issue for our needs. In my mind its primarily intelligent access/push start + 360 cameras versus over 2200 payload.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
360 cameras are not an option for the 2023 HDPP XL trim. I wish they were.
Ah okay. The 2022 build and price is still up for Ford Canada and it let me add it to a '22 XL. Bummer.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have to agree that the 360 cameras are incredibly helpful on a truck this size (I have a SuperCrew with 6.5 foot bed) especially in smaller/tighter parking lots. I haven’t towed with 360 cameras yet as I just got the truck last month but will be towing in 2 weeks and am hoping they help there too. I wanted a Lariat but wanted to be able to tow my travel trailer and built it with towing in mind and ended up with 1906 lb payload which isn’t bad for a 4x4 max tow Lariat. I’m sure you could probably build out an XLT with a payload a little higher than that.
Wow! That's a pretty impressive payload for a Lariat! My max tow FX4 XLT is only 1,777.
What options did you get?

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There has been a lot of great feedback on this thread. I am definitely weighing the 360 cameras more heavily now. With a bed topper it seems to make even more sense. If I could get a lightly optioned 2023 XLT 301a around 1900 payload I would be very happy with that. My concern is that I would order the truck and it come to the lot with less than 1700 payload which would be an issue for our needs. In my mind its primarily intelligent access/push start + 360 cameras versus over 2200 payload.
Can't imagine you'd be at 1,700 with a lightly optioned 301a. My 302a is at 1,777lbs.
Here is the window sticker so you can see what options I have:
Ford F-150 Thoughts on Ordering a 2023 HDPP F-150 XL (vs. XLT) Screenshot 2022-10-04 091827

BMac506

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 4x4
That is an impressive payload for a lariat. Do you happen to have your window sticker?
Here’s my sticker. I basically did a base Lariat and just added max tow, 400 watt inverter, 360 camera and wireless charging pad. I did have the Sirius XM and Nav delete… who knows, maybe that extra antenna was really heavy, haha

Attachments

CHAZ 150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2023 F-150 XL w/HDPP & Max Tow
In case you missed it in the post, my dealer has the white one sitting on the lot right now.

Sames Bastrop Ford in TX
Your dealer does have the truck you declined in stock. And he's tacked on a $2495 "Market Adjustment" to the MSRP. Thanks but no thanks. So no one out there should feel badly about refusing a truck that's not what they ordered. The dealer doesn't have any problem sticking it to the next guy. What a racket!!

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Your dealer does have the truck you declined in stock. And he's tacked on a $2495 "Market Adjustment" to the MSRP. Thanks but no thanks. So no one out there should feel badly about refusing a truck that's not what they ordered. The dealer doesn't have any problem sticking it to the next guy. What a racket!!
https://www.samesbastropford.com/new/Ford/2022-Ford-F-150-385ab35c0a0e0a9175a167fb03386a2c.htm

I think youre looking at a different one, this one is exactly $57,230 msrp, same as the window sticker and what I paid for mine.

I did see they added tint, and some other stuff, since I declined it, but I was able to negotiate leather into my price, so a shrewd negotiator can get it done.

CHAZ 150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2023 F-150 XL w/HDPP & Max Tow
I wish I was wrong. From the sales rep: "Attached are the requested stickers. The MSRP of the truck is $57,230 and has a market adjustment of $2495, which makes the sales price $59,725 plus TTL."

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Your truck is ordered so my comment is moot for you, but for others I'll offer the opinion ....
  • The 360-cams option is tremendously useful (more than just "helpful") when maneuvering in typical mall / grocery store parking lots.
  • The 360-cams take-on an IMO significant safety function (beyond standard cams) if your home environment includes children, and that's exponentially multiplied if you install a bed-topper.
I ordered the 360 cams as a 'convenience' not expecting I'd use them that much; In fact I find them invaluable and use them very frequently. IMO they should be viewed as much more than just a convenience, they should be evaluated as a a functional and safety-enhancing driver's aid.

Just one opinion.

I concur 100%!!!!!!! I also didn't expect this feature to be as useful as i find it. I would order it as a standalone and pay twice as much knowing what I know now. I use it daily to park.

Last edited:
OP
OP
somecatchyphrase

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Seems like the cameras are a popular option. I was seriously considering changing my entire build just to get them. I already received my vin and build date and was pleasantly surprised at how quick the turnover was (for now, time will tell). I read through many of the 2023 order threads and it seems like ordering the 360 cameras is holding up many orders and lower trims ordering that option are getting kicked back from Ford.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Seems like the cameras are a popular option. I was seriously considering changing my entire build just to get them. I already received my vin and build date and was pleasantly surprised at how quick the turnover was (for now, time will tell). I read through many of the 2023 order threads and it seems like ordering the 360 cameras is holding up many orders and lower trims ordering that option are getting kicked back from Ford.
The 360 cameras is a great option. I use mine all the time for parking. My former ‘21 had it and so glad I was able to get it again on my July-built ‘22 XLT.

OP
OP
somecatchyphrase

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Update: There was a lot of great feedback in these forums. Even though I already received my VIN for the 2023 XL HDPP with a (potential) build date in early November I decided to cancel my order in favor of some of the more convenience features offered on the XLT 302a trim. Specifically the intelligent access and 360 cameras. I am predicting that the 360 camera option will be quite useful with a bed topper on the back of an already large truck. I am unfortunately aware that these changes are probably going to push my order waaaaaaaaay back in line. I’m not in a hurry so I can be patient to get these options (hopefully).

Despite moving up to an XLT 302a 4x4 Super Screw 5.0 I am still keeping options light and based on payload stickers I have seen in these forums I’m still thinking I will be over 1800 which is not quite as awesome of the 2300+ of the HDPP XL but 1800ish in the XLT should be fine for our needs through the foreseeable future.

OP
OP
somecatchyphrase

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Let me save you some trouble, HDPP was dropped from the F-150 for 2023. You can't order a truck with it even if you want to. Or that is what I was told by multiple dealers when I tried to order one, they said it wasn't on the options list, has that changed?
It is available only on the XL model for 2023.
Sponsored