The Whipple Wait….

AdamC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 Whippled
When did you order your Whipple and when did you receive it? Maybe we can get an ongoing log going here so people have an idea of how long the current wait is.

Ordered mine yesterday, hoping I see it by April 1st!
Sponsored

silverboost

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB on order
Ordered mine through Beefcake Racing on 7/1/21 and received on 9/23/21. I finished the installation in the garage on 10/1/21 as I got delayed due to a missing part for the coolant tank to the engine block.

As soon as you receive your order open the box and do a full inventory of parts to make sure it's all there. Also on that same day go ahead and request for your calibration from Whipple. Installation isn't tough, but there are a few mistakes in their instructions and there are a few things it would have been nice to be told in the instructions.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Ordered mine through Beefcake Racing on 7/1/21 and received on 9/23/21. I finished the installation in the garage on 10/1/21 as I got delayed due to a missing part for the coolant tank to the engine block.

As soon as you receive your order open the box and do a full inventory of parts to make sure it's all there. Also on that same day go ahead and request for your calibration from Whipple. Installation isn't tough, but there are a few mistakes in their instructions and there are a few things it would have been nice to be told in the instructions.
Can we see some pictures of that beautiful engine bay?

OP
OP
AdamC

AdamC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 Whippled

Thanks for that! Anything in particular you remember about missing instructions? I’m surprised there’s not a full inventory list in the install PDF. Is there a master inventory list included?
Im hoping my wait is as short as yours, but I’m emotionally prepping for at least twice that long.

silverboost

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB on order
Thanks for that! Anything in particular you remember about missing instructions? I’m surprised there’s not a full inventory list in the install PDF. Is there a master inventory list included?
Im hoping my wait is as short as yours, but I’m emotionally prepping for at least twice that long.
The instructions are pretty good I will say and a master inventory sheet is included. I honestly would have to read back through the instructions to find the gaps again (which I'm ok doing when you are ready). One thing I remember they had wrong is the bolts to mount the heat exchanger to the mounting brackets was incorrectly in foot lb's instead of inch lb's. One of the fuel rails that comes with the stage 2 kit is machined to fit around the blower casing perfectly whereas the other billet fuel rail didn't have the same provision, so you just have to know that one side it's not going to sit as flush and don't over torque the bolts.

The back 2 corner blower bolts are a real bitch. It helps if you have a swivel socket 10mm with several 1/4 extensions, but be prepared to curse. Also make sure you remember to tighten down the blower pully after you put the belt on. I forgot to do this and was chasing a whistle sound for a week thinking I had a vacuum or boost leak. I removed blower twice trying to trouble shoot only to just check the blower pulley bolts to find them loose.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamC

AdamC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 Whippled
The instructions are pretty good I will say and a master inventory sheet is included. I honestly would have to read back through the instructions to find the gaps again (which I'm ok doing when you are ready). One thing I remember they had wrong is the bolts to mount the heat exchanger to the mounting brackets was incorrectly in foot lb's instead of inch lb's. One of the fuel rails that comes with the stage 2 kit is machined to fit around the blower casing perfectly whereas the other billet fuel rail didn't have the same provision, so you just have to know that one side it's not going to sit as flush and don't over torque the bolts.

The back 2 corner blower bolts are a real bitch. It helps if you have a swivel socket 10mm with several 1/4 extensions, but be prepared to curse. Also make sure you remember to tighten down the blower pully after you put the belt on. I forgot to do this and was chasing a whistle sound for a week thinking I had a vacuum or boost leak. I removed blower twice trying to trouble shoot only to just check the blower pulley bolts to find them loose.
Thanks for taking the time. I’ve heard about those rear bolts. I did order the stage 2 kit…no point spending that much money and not going 100%

OP
OP
AdamC

AdamC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 Whippled
Anyone else waiting for a Whipple? Come on.....I know they are in demand!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would like to do this to mine. No Id LOVE to do this to mine.

RacerAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 StCab, 6.5Bed, V8, 4x4, XLT (DIY SuperSnake)
Occupation
Lead Sauce Applicator, In N Out
Not waiting on Whipple, just waiting on Ford, lol... THEN I'll be waiting on Whipple lol... I do have wheels and some other parts in my garage waiting... Since Jan. but I've got a build date now, end of the month. I may have to wait to get the SC, my stocks have tanked and my plan was to use that money for a down payment on the truck and some parts... NOW, it'll barely be the down payment.

Sponsored

Mike2019SCrew

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4WD 5.0, 2019 2WD 3.5 SCrew FBO previous
Where did y'all purchase from? I'm hoping to get it for less than $9295 for the Pro Power version...

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Ordered 11/20/22 and would have received 11/30/22 but was out of town and got it today 12/5/2022 as it was first day I could get it delivered after coming back 12/2/2022.
So 10 days at the moment which is awesome.

Gooner5643

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat 5.0, e92 m3 6mt
Ordered mine 3 days ago through oz tuning, so excited. 😁
Sponsored