(UPDATED 8-5-22) Whipple Supercharger Issue 2021 F150 5.0

Mike2019SCrew

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4WD 5.0, 2019 2WD 3.5 SCrew FBO previous
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Mine is also around 1/4 throttle, generally not at a constant speed unless (obviously, I suppose) I have to keep it at that throttle input to keep that speed. Dang it's obnoxious though.

The shop that installed it said it's happened to every Whipple he's done (he also said he likes it lol) - crazy that Whipple won't acknowledge it at all.

Looking very forward to what you find out!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Mine is also around 1/4 throttle, generally not at a constant speed unless (obviously, I suppose) I have to keep it at that throttle input to keep that speed. Dang it's obnoxious though.

The shop that installed it said it's happened to every Whipple he's done (he also said he likes it lol) - crazy that Whipple won't acknowledge it at all.

Looking very forward to what you find out!
I just emailed the contact that did the marring and will follow up with a phone call shortly.

The squealing sounds like a belt that is slipping, it is torture. Anyone who says they like that noise are horrible actors that want to make you feel like you are in the minority and to essentially deal with it.

Harrisb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 TVS F150, Soon gen14
Did we ever get a definitive answer on the procedure? New whipple install has this

OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Did not get anywhere with this to fully resolve it, the defect is design related with the throttle body for sure and possibly within the upper intake manifold as well.

The Throttle Body I had some type of "sealant" applied to it and also the butterfly edges being marred. Sound is still present at 1/4 throttle and annoying.

I have "heard" from a couple sources (so take that as you will) Whipple knows about this issue and from what I have experienced first hand they don't care to admit it or resolve it.

Perhaps when some of their Ford branded Whipples start having warranty claims it will all come to light and they will have to address and fix it.

Mike2019SCrew

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4WD 5.0, 2019 2WD 3.5 SCrew FBO previous
Same as above, no resolution here either. I simply try to avoid the whistling throttle position - or sometimes I try to make a little song out of it... Honestly doesn't bother me half as much as it used to - and also, as above, Whipple 100% knows about it, and they call it "normal operation".

OP
OP
Confu11

Confu11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0
Same as above, no resolution here either. I simply try to avoid the whistling throttle position - or sometimes I try to make a little song out of it... Honestly doesn't bother me half as much as it used to - and also, as above, Whipple 100% knows about it, and they call it "normal operation".
My TB was Moly coated to make it a very smooth surface, do not know the exact procedure but that with the edge marring is the best I can get until Whipple gets hammered with warranty claims from Ford dealers installing their Form OEM branded system.
Sponsored