First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I’m pretty sure if it was because of a recall no trucks as recent would be delivered. And that’s not the case.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 GC-Trailhawk V8, '21 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Beatnik
My ordered Explorer ST is built and awaiting shipment by truck. It was originally to be delivered late last month (I knew that it would not in any way be then). It changed to 7 weeks later (2nd week of May). It just isn't about recalls, at least I do not believe in my case.

Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
My ordered Explorer ST is built and awaiting shipment by truck. It was originally to be delivered late last month (I knew that it would not in any way be then). It changed to 7 weeks later (2nd week of May). It just isn't about recalls, at least I do not believe in my case.
Agreed.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
It's about labor shortages and fuel prices... Pure, plain and simple.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
It's about labor shortages and fuel prices... Pure, plain and simple.
Just weird it’s not on a shipping hold. It’s on a plant hold.
Would be great if ford was just upfront or at least a little more forthcoming with info.
Id be totally fine with ‘we have no drivers your truck is gonna be there in 2 months’
Rather than the current oh yea your truck will be here any day (for the past month)

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That says to me "re-work"..

mlkrouse

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Sales
Mine was shipped weeks ago. No truck to be found. I Like others here I have been waiting 9 months for a truck.No one can tell me where the truck is and when it will arrive. Very disappointing

YOUR VEHICLE IS ON ITS WAY
Dear ,
Your new 2022 F-150 King Ranch® SuperCrew has shipped and is on its way!
Our current estimate for delivery to Sheehy Ford of Richmond is be‍tween March 25, 2022 an‍d March 31, 2022. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery.
Remember, you can easily access a copy of your window label and check the status of your F‑150 truck at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference:

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would be nice if we could skip the whole shipping bottle neck and just go get it at the damned holding lot... RV and boat dealers are having the same problems.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Same here. Built on 1/26 and no shipping hold, just carrier or convoy delays.
It’s probably rusting under a snowball or got damaged at the lot or is leaking coolant like a sieve.
I don’t know. They could do better at communicating though, this lack of insight is bullshit.
Ford F-150 Status of “Awaiting Shipment - Plant Hold” 6837BC05-C8F1-405E-A5BB-414F8B1B0AF0
Ford F-150 Status of “Awaiting Shipment - Plant Hold” 0CEAA89A-55A4-45AF-9C39-CB5000858AF7

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Has anyone been tracking the length of time between trucks going on chip hold and shipping?

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
So despite ford email telling me my truck would be here on 4/19, they’re now telling me that’s when it will scheduled to begin shipping. Not sure what takes 3 weeks to get it on a rail car lmao

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Just weird it’s not on a shipping hold. It’s on a plant hold.
Would be great if ford was just upfront or at least a little more forthcoming with info.
Id be totally fine with ‘we have no drivers your truck is gonna be there in 2 months’
Rather than the current oh yea your truck will be here any day (for the past month)
My thoughts from my time managing and working inside much smaller databases and ERP systems:

A large complex system like this is probably setup with a dropdown list of conditions, and to this point there was probably no code in their system for Shipping Hold. You've got to choose one, so Plant Hold is the best option, since it's still technically at the plant, and being held.

Could it be added? Most likely. Could a new value create a cascade of other dependencies by just adding a single value to the list? Quite possibly.
Sponsored