Sponsored

Status Awaiting Shipment

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
After 5 months of waiting, the truck went in production on 2/22 and as of today the tracking on this website shows the status has changed to "Awaiting Shipment" and there's an "ETA End Date" of 3/15. What does this really mean? Is the ETA End Date the estimated delivery date or the end date of production?

If the status is Awaiting Shipment, does it mean they have the spray bed liner done and completed too, or that they could still be waiting for that to be done?

Primary StatusAwaiting Shipment
Sponsored

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
That has got to mean bed liner done and ready to load. I have still been in production and know mine had gone off site (according to my dealer) on 2/12 for what I assume was for bed liner. Delivery times have been all over the place but I don't think I've seen a one nail it right on the day

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
ETA END DATE:

That is the date that it is supposed to show up at the dealer at the latest.
There may also be an ETA START DATE, which would be the earliest it could be expected.

I dont believe the Ford.com site shows that date, but the tracker at the top of the forum pages will.

Mine showed a start date of 2-8 and an end date of 2-22-----car was delivered to the dealer
in the wee hours of 2-9. I knew it was there before the sales guy did. He finally called later in the afternoon.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
So, in your opinions, the spray in bed liner would already be done and everything is completed? I find it strange, knowing that there was such a backlog, that the truck went in production on 2/22 and that the bed liner would already be done and that it moved to Awaiting Shipment only 2 days later (today).

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
This is what drives me crazy trying to piece everybody's info and trying to understand what is actually happening. I am getting a Limited and spray liner and we are both at Dearborn. But you are getting changes on your paperwork and I haven't yet. I still think that you are a step ahead of me awaiting shipment. Maybe mine went off sight for something else. what does this feed show https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I agree with Trashman. If you are awaiting shipment then your truck is produced with all commodities. I know there are still a lot of trucks built at the end of January/ early feb (including mine) that are still waiting for a spray in liner but you somehow got processed. Good for you but I have no idea how Ford make decisions.

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm as sceptic as all of you, and find if extremely strange that the whole thing got to the built stage on 2/22 and reached the "awaiting shipment" 2 days later, while having my spray-in bed liner to do somewhere in there... Hence why I asked if "awaiting shipment" meant that it is was truly all completed, or could it be that the liner still hasn't been done?

Is this website's tracker accurate?

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I'm as sceptic as all of you, and find if extremely strange that the whole thing got to the built stage on 2/22 and reached the "awaiting shipment" 2 days later, while having my spray-in bed liner to do somewhere in there... Hence why I asked if "awaiting shipment" meant that it is was truly all completed, or could it be that the liner still hasn't been done?

Is this website's tracker accurate?
Who knows. Maybe Ford realizes that it would make more sense to ship the truck and have the dealer add the liner ?

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who knows. Maybe Ford realizes that it would make more sense to ship the truck and have the dealer add the liner ?
Who knows, but then it would be fraud. I ordered the factory bed liner, which shows on my window sticker. The dealer would only be able to do some sort of aftermarket one, which is not the same (nor the same price).

GerhardCA

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey Crossroad
Occupation
Professional Services Manager
After 5 months of waiting, the truck went in production on 2/22 and as of today the tracking on this website shows the status has changed to "Awaiting Shipment" and there's an "ETA End Date" of 3/15. What does this really mean? Is the ETA End Date the estimated delivery date or the end date of production?

If the status is Awaiting Shipment, does it mean they have the spray bed liner done and completed too, or that they could still be waiting for that to be done?

Primary StatusAwaiting Shipment
That's awesome progress. What was you blend date? On my VIN it shows 02/20, but since then I've not had either a Production date or ETAs or status change on the tracker from this website (Still shows "in production").
Wondering what my timeline might look like. I do have Spray in Bed liner as well, and the WinSticker shows Kansas as the production plant.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I know the admins probably don't like cross-promotion but I encourage you all to follow the tracking provided by an anonymous Ford employee to see how other trucks advance. https://www.f150forum.com/f129/who-...1-post-here-tracking-begains-482201/index136/

Also, I have put together this table to help you guys understand just how worthless trash garbage the Ford retail tracker site is. The "Scheduled for Production" phase can be sooooo long and no one knows what is happening unless a Ford employee (like your dealer) gives the information. And yes, when I say RANDOM I really do mean random... It does not matter who was produced first or what your ETA is, you either advance or sit randomly. I highlighted the rows that are optional/skipped if you do not have spray-in liner, so you can see that if no spray liner you wait once, if spray liner you wait three times. It was also confirmed by the Ford employee that wheel liners and tonneau are installed at the plant, so it is absorbed into the wait there and appears to be negligible compared to the randomness. Only spray-in liner adds two potentially huge waits (though some only take a few days, at random). Hope this helps!!

Ford F-150 Status Awaiting Shipment 1614191210906

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's awesome progress. What was you blend date? On my VIN it shows 02/20, but since then I've not had either a Production date or ETAs or status change on the tracker from this website (Still shows "in production").
Wondering what my timeline might look like. I do have Spray in Bed liner as well, and the WinSticker shows Kansas as the production plant.
My blend date was also 02/20. Apparently got built on 02/22, and on 02/24 it now shows "Awaiting Shipment", which seems quite fast, to my eyes, and from what I've seen here lately. I'm very sceptic.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
My blend date was also 02/20. Apparently got built on 02/22, and on 02/24 it now shows "Awaiting Shipment", which seems quite fast, to my eyes, and from what I've seen here lately. I'm very sceptic.
It is completely possible! People are just skipping the lines all the time, I've seen at least 4 with spray liner that jumped ahead of me. Did you get the full details or is this just from the crappy Ford retail tracker? Also which factory?

OP
OP
jfdube999

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is completely possible! People are just skipping the lines all the time, I've seen at least 4 with spray liner that jumped ahead of me. Did you get the full details or is this just from the crappy Ford retail tracker? Also which factory?
I've used the tracker from this website exclusively, as I don't have access to the Ford one, since my order is from Canada. The tuck has been built at the Dearborn plant.

I just spoke to my Ford dealer and he confirms that, in his system too, the truck is now waiting to be shipped. So.. after waiting almost 5 months, it got built and is shipping, all within 2 days, and that includes the spray-in bed liner too. Amazing.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I've used the tracker from this website exclusively, as I don't have access to the Ford one, since my order is from Canada. The tuck has been built at the Dearborn plant.

I just spoke to my Ford dealer and he confirms that, in his system too, the truck is now waiting to be shipped. So.. after waiting almost 5 months, it got built and is shipping, all within 2 days, and that includes the spray-in bed liner too. Amazing.
That's so awesome for you man! I know I have been complaining a lot but I am not mad at anyone for getting their trucks, my frustration is only with Ford. I hope you get it soon, 5 months is a long time!
Sponsored