Start Up Chimes Randomly Flipping Between Speakers & Instrument Cluster

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
Curious if anyone else has noticed or encountered similar: ‘22 F150 PB Platinum with about 5600miles. Up until about 1.5/2weeks ago the start up chimes always came through the speakers. However it seems like since the PU 23-PU0327-DSP-AMP which was pushed to correct the random static when shutting the vehicle off, that issue seems better but now every so many random start ups I get the chimes coming through the instrument cluster. This obviously leads to the back up alerts also coming through cluster when in reverse. Shutting it off and turning back on doesn’t seem to clear it up either…only thing to do is wait and upon next startup see what you get. I thought it might have been tied only to remote starts at first, but notice even getting in and pushing the button it can happen too. Anybody else having similar?
Sponsored

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
Yes, it started happening to mine following the update you mentioned. I've tried resetting the system multiple times and nothing changed. I've tried unlocking the door with the keyfob versus keypad versus PKE and waited to start for various intervals (15 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, etc) thinking that the system needed time to wakeup. I've watched my 12v battery voltage. No rhyme or reason to it and I shudder to think what I'll be told if I take it to my dealership for this oddity.

I'm finding that overall, when the startup chime comes from the dash cluster, the other audible safety alerts are hit or miss. For instance, the front and rear park sensors and cross-traffic alert(s). There will be a visual warning for the front and rear parking on the screen but no sound until the visual warning is RED and then BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! The cross-traffic alert happens so infrequently that when it does work, I think, "oh cool, that's a neat feature", completely forgetting that it should happen every time I back out of my driveway and there is traffic. (which is a lot; I live on a busy street)

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mazda 3
Occupation
Nurse
I hate to hear that’s still a thing… my ‘20 XLT would do that randomly and drive me crazy. I never could find a cause or solution to it while I had it.

With that said, look in your manual to see how/if you can try to charge the 12v battery and reset the BMS.

We just bought an Explorer ST a few months ago and it also doing this the day we brought it home, (in addition to a non responsive keyless keypad, passive entry, and sporadic Auto Stop/Start). I hooked it to a trickle charger over night and reset the BMS the next morning and it hasn’t done a thing in the 2 months since. These vehicles sit for a LONG time somewhere and aren’t driven enough to charge the battery with the factory bms settings. A weak battery makes a lot of the modules divert operations. Good luck!

OP
OP
n4trombl

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
Yes, it started happening to mine following the update you mentioned. I've tried resetting the system multiple times and nothing changed. I've tried unlocking the door with the keyfob versus keypad versus PKE and waited to start for various intervals (15 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, etc) thinking that the system needed time to wakeup. I've watched my 12v battery voltage. No rhyme or reason to it and I shudder to think what I'll be told if I take it to my dealership for this oddity.

I'm finding that overall, when the startup chime comes from the dash cluster, the other audible safety alerts are hit or miss. For instance, the front and rear park sensors and cross-traffic alert(s). There will be a visual warning for the front and rear parking on the screen but no sound until the visual warning is RED and then BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! The cross-traffic alert happens so infrequently that when it does work, I think, "oh cool, that's a neat feature", completely forgetting that it should happen every time I back out of my driveway and there is traffic. (which is a lot; I live on a busy street)
Appreciate the share and good to know I’m not the only one (at least attributing this with that most recent update) Seems like it would make some sense they correlate given the speaker system is used for those sounds when it’s working as expected. May consider doing a battery disconnect and reconnect to see if anything changes.

OP
OP
n4trombl

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
I hate to hear that’s still a thing… my ‘20 XLT would do that randomly and drive me crazy. I never could find a cause or solution to it while I had it.

With that said, look in your manual to see how/if you can try to charge the 12v battery and reset the BMS.

We just bought an Explorer ST a few months ago and it also doing this the day we brought it home, (in addition to a non responsive keyless keypad, passive entry, and sporadic Auto Stop/Start). I hooked it to a trickle charger over night and reset the BMS the next morning and it hasn’t done a thing in the 2 months since. These vehicles sit for a LONG time somewhere and aren’t driven enough to charge the battery with the factory bms settings. A weak battery makes a lot of the modules divert operations. Good luck!
May give this a try. I will say I had the latest update that came through was installed last Tuesday Sept 26 and I left town Wednesday Sept 27 and did not drive the truck again until Sept 30 so it was sitting for almost 4 days without starting. Not sure if that impacted this but certainly not outside the realm of possibility given all the tech

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Charge the battery. Ford's BMS logic leaves a lot to be desired. I just leave my HVAC blower at setting 5. This bypasses the BMS logic and keeps voltage high when driving around.

OP
OP
n4trombl

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
Charge the battery. Ford's BMS logic leaves a lot to be desired. I just leave my HVAC blower at setting 5. This bypasses the BMS logic and keeps voltage high when driving around.
Got it. So if I get me a good trickle charger would you say that suffices? Do you do that yourself or just keep your blower set to 5 at all times?

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Mine is at the dealer for this issue and several others now. They are trying to tell me it’s normal.

OP
OP
n4trombl

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
Mine is at the dealer for this issue and several others now. They are trying to tell me it’s normal.
🤦‍♂️ of course they are. Then why would it consistently sound one way for so long then all of a sudden start randomly bouncing between speakers and instrument cluster? I fear that there is so much tech now in these trucks that the dealerships don’t have the staff up to speed enough on how it all really works. I don’t expect them to have every answer, but I’m a tech guy (software developer by day) so I know damn well that sometimes you put in a fix for one thing it breaks another.

Hopefully they stop telling you it’s normal and actually help get a real answer…

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Got it. So if I get me a good trickle charger would you say that suffices? Do you do that yourself or just keep your blower set to 5 at all times?
Once you charge it, if you keep the blower at 5 or higher it should always keep voltage high enough to charge the batt while driving. I have an LFP aux batt in so I have to use blower 5 to keep the voltage up to charge it. Below setting 5, the voltage can be as low as 12.9v while driving. With setting 5 on the blower the voltage is in the upper 13s always keeping the 12v system sufficiently charged.

I'm testing an LFP batt that can be made to fit in the aux batt box with some modification. I was waiting until winter hits before sharing more info in cold weather performance.

Sponsored

NotMyName

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2022 F150 Platinum
Curious if anyone else has noticed or encountered similar: ‘22 F150 PB Platinum with about 5600miles. Up until about 1.5/2weeks ago the start up chimes always came through the speakers. However it seems like since the PU 23-PU0327-DSP-AMP which was pushed to correct the random static when shutting the vehicle off, that issue seems better but now every so many random start ups I get the chimes coming through the instrument cluster. This obviously leads to the back up alerts also coming through cluster when in reverse. Shutting it off and turning back on doesn’t seem to clear it up either…only thing to do is wait and upon next startup see what you get. I thought it might have been tied only to remote starts at first, but notice even getting in and pushing the button it can happen too. Anybody else having similar?
My 2022 F150 Platinum PB started making a dinging noise that didn’t sound familiar. Didnt know why it was unfamiliar, but knew it was different than anything I remember. Come to find out, the headlights switch from Auto to On by themselves. There’s actually a bulletin out about this issue;however, there’s no fix yet. It happens maybe once per quarter. Take a look at your light switch dial and make sure it hasn’t moved itself to “on”.

OP
OP
n4trombl

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
My 2022 F150 Platinum PB started making a dinging noise that didn’t sound familiar. Didnt know why it was unfamiliar, but knew it was different than anything I remember. Come to find out, the headlights switch from Auto to On by themselves. There’s actually a bulletin out about this issue;however, there’s no fix yet. It happens maybe once per quarter. Take a look at your light switch dial and make sure it hasn’t moved itself to “on”.
Thanks for the info. I think I came across someone else mentioning this as well. Confirmed the light switch is still set to Auto on each start up.

OP
OP
n4trombl

n4trombl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 PB
Not sure it matters or if anyone knows what it means but it was dinging from the cluster so I entered engineering mode for the first time. Scrolling through I found a screen for Batt,Comp,Chime. I snagged a picture before I started driving. Means nothing to me but I saw Last Chime1: 15 and Last Chime2: 0. I didn’t get another picture but it changed from 15 to 33 when I started backing into my garage. Again may mean absolutely nothing but I figured I’d share in can it did to anyone here. I also like being able to see the Battery was reading 14.3V the entire ride (~15-20min).
Ford F-150 Start Up Chimes Randomly Flipping Between Speakers & Instrument Cluster IMG_8741
Sponsored