dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I hope you were not in the camp of "expecting a Bak and got an Extang" on the tonneau? I saw another thread where folks were panicking...
I was "hoping for" the bak, but I'll take what's on the truck. There are bigger problems in life.
Fortunately, one of Albert's team took the truck around and no turn-signal or power issues, so there's that! :cool:
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I hope you were not in the camp of "expecting a Bak and got an Extang" on the tonneau? I saw another thread where folks were panicking...
I actually prefer the Xtang over the BAK for a number of reasons.
But, everyone has different wants/needs, so I realize what works for one may not work for another. ;)

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Congrad's on you 2021 F150. It's a great looking color - combo.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats Karl, beautiful truck!

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
After what seems to be an interminable amount of waiting, our Platinum was finally delivered to Granger Ford yesterday. Albert and Brandon were kind enough to share a few photos with me, which I'm posting here for all to enjoy as well.

The Star White really has some great color when looking at the photo from the rear passenger quarter. I have to say that I couldn't be happier with Albert and his team. Not just the pricing, but the customer service has been extraordinary. Flying to Des Moines in a couple of days to take delivery.

This was a "stock" order (he placed my order both as stock and retail) which was built on 12/22. This is order #103 on the tracking web site.

EDIT: adding a couple of other details: trailer tow package; powerboost; 7.2kW pro power on board; FX4 package; moon roof; lockable storage; work station; tow mirrors. I didn't get the max tow, as I didn't see that I personally had the need. Probably why my payload is a bit less than some others. Also skipped the max recline seats.
Congrats, I'm sure you're feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve wanting to get your hands on the prize. I ordered the star white also and hope to get it next month if all goes well.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Beautiful truck Karl !!! (y) (y) (y)

That is my favorite color in the world. I know you much you must be chopping at the bit to head out and pick that beauty up.

Did you decide to still wait for the weekend or move your flight up some?

Mine was suppose to been loaded up this afternoon on a truck and shipped to the dealer. Will see tomorrow.

Drive safe!

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
Beautiful truck Karl !!! (y) (y) (y)

That is my favorite color in the world. I know you much you must be chopping at the bit to head out and pick that beauty up.

Did you decide to still wait for the weekend or move your flight up some?

Mine was suppose to been loaded up this afternoon on a truck and shipped to the dealer. Will see tomorrow.

Drive safe!
Good luck Bob, I hope tomorrow we will see pictures of your new ride

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Hello, new guy here. I'm about to order a Lariat with the factory three piece hard tonneau. Can someone tell me if the Extang Solid 2.0, which seems to be what Ford uses now, flips completely up or does the third panel (the one closest to the back window) always stay down? Their website videos never show it in the up position, looks like about a third of the bed is always obstructed.
Thanks

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello, new guy here. I'm about to order a Lariat with the factory three piece hard tonneau. Can someone tell me if the Extang Solid 2.0, which seems to be what Ford uses now, flips completely up or does the third panel (the one closest to the back window) always stay down? Their website videos never show it in the up position, looks like about a third of the bed is always obstructed.
Thanks
The hard folding tonneau which was part of my build from Ford was made by "Rev Industries". All three panels fold up, with the one closest to the cab locking in place.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
The hard folding tonneau which was part of my build from Ford was made by "Rev Industries". All three panels fold up, with the one closest to the cab locking in place.
If I am not mistaken, Rev made the one on my Tacoma. Solid piece, but I have broken two outer hinges since 2018. Brittle plastic and I'm not always 'soft' in my closing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The paperwork which came with the Truck is for 2015+.
On the plus side, we've had some wind and rain and the inside of the bed is mostly dry.
Also, I didn't get it so much for protection of gear, unless we're taking a road trip with the AirStream - rather it's mostly to help with fuel efficiency.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
The paperwork which came with the Truck is for 2015+.
On the plus side, we've had some wind and rain and the inside of the bed is mostly dry.
Also, I didn't get it so much for protection of gear, unless we're taking a road trip with the AirStream - rather it's mostly to help with fuel efficiency.
Thanks Dog Tired. Cheers

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Karl, Thank you very much for updating the post #1 to add more detail on your delivery. Very helpful indeed.
Sponsored