Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Courtesy Delivery is a service that dealers perform for the delivery of fleet vehicles.

Courtesy Delivery is a service often used by the Fleet customer because of the multiple destinations their ordered vehicles must be shipped to.

The dealer is paid enough to have the car prepped, peel plastic, check fluids put their sticker on the back..

Things like clean, gassed and a proper introduction to your F-150 will most likely not be extended to you.

They call it a key toss in my industry, here's the key there's the car, enjoy it.

Not at all how we want you to be introduced to your new F-150.

Some special circumstance vehicles are willingly done properly but they are the Ford GT, Shelby 500's etc..rare non common vehicles.
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Courtesy Delivery is a service that dealers perform for the delivery of fleet vehicles.

Courtesy Delivery is a service often used by the Fleet customer because of the multiple destinations their ordered vehicles must be shipped to.

The dealer is paid enough to have the car prepped, peel plastic, check fluids put their sticker on the back..

Things like clean, gassed and a proper introduction to your F-150 will most likely not be extended to you.

They call it a key toss in my industry, here's the key there's the car, enjoy it.

Not at all how we want you to be introduced to your new F-150.

Some special circumstance vehicles are willingly done properly but they are the Ford GT, Shelby 500's etc..rare non common vehicles.
So is courtesy delivery used when you purchase from an out of state dealer, that is more than a couple hundred miles, and the selling dealer has the vehicle shipped from the factory to a local dealer near the purchaser's home town? Is there an extra cost associated with this? I may be purchasing from a few states away and this could be handy if that is what it is for.

Thanks for all the great information you are providing to the forum!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
So is courtesy delivery used when you purchase from an out of state dealer, that is more than a couple hundred miles, and the selling dealer has the vehicle shipped from the factory to a local dealer near the purchaser's home town? Is there an extra cost associated with this? I may be purchasing from a few states away and this could be handy if that is what it is for.

Thanks for all the great information you are providing to the forum!
Nope it is almost exclusively used for fleet accounts.. not retail orders

The Raptor, GT supercar, GT500's are the only vehicles that other dealers may be willing to to it on..

The delivering dealer has to agree (their choice) and they usually charge for the "convenience".

Think about it this way:

You want to buy a widget

The local widget dealer is 10% higher than next town widget dealer.

so you ask local widget dealer to deliver that same widget they sell for more for the other widget dealer that beat them in price.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I think it was in the 90's I factory ordered a Ranger XLT 4X4 from an auto buying service in OH. I lived in Las Vegas (still do) and the buying service ordered from a dealer in San Francisco. At the time there were only 2 Ford dealerships here. One wanted $300 for the courtesy delivery fee the other wanted $350. I had the buyer call the dealer in St. George, UT., they said they'd do it for $150. Even though the dealership was 120 miles away and we probably spent another $150 on the trip (we stayed overnight and picked up the truck the next day) we still felt we had a good deal. The UT dealer did all of the paperwork and the truck was washed and detailed but that might have only been because it was a sweet looking truck and they put it in the front of the lot next to the street to show it off. It did only have factory gas however. Never used a buying service since but assumed you could still arrange for any factory ordered vehicle to be delivered at any dealership willing to do the courtesy delivery.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
The buying service was a fleet account that is why it could be easily courtesy delivered..

Not saying that dealers will not do it, just highly unlikely and do not want folks to get their hopes up only to have the dealerships tell them no..

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So you say there is a chance... :)

In order to get courtesy delivery on a retail order, you'd have to convince the selling dealer to arrange it, and you'd have to get a local dealer to agree to it at a fair price? I know you said it is a long shot, but how would you approach asking the selling dealer about the option of coutesy delivery?

Thanks for all your info and work on answering all our questions!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
There is always a chance, just do not like to make blanket promises only to have them dashed...

Then I am the bad guy... :cool:

Selling dealer easy, it is the delivering dealer that will be the tough sell..

And you are the one that gets to do the legwork on it...

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So yeah, I get why the the delivering dealer it would be a tough sell, becasue they want to sell you a truck, not deliver one someone else sold. So work it from that end, and if you convince a local dealership to do the delivery for a reasonable fee then just tell the selling dealer to list it as a courtesy delivery to that dealership? Sounds like it isn't going to work out easily. I just think that for $1695 Delivery / Destination, Ford should send the dang truck wherever you choose. 1st world problems though, thanks for your help.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
So yeah, I get why the the delivering dealer it would be a tough sell, because they want to sell you a truck, not deliver one someone else sold. So work it from that end, and if you convince a local dealership to do the delivery for a reasonable fee then just tell the selling dealer to list it as a courtesy delivery to that dealership? Sounds like it isn't going to work out easily. I just think that for $1695 Delivery / Destination, Ford should send the dang truck wherever you choose. 1st world problems though, thanks for your help.
I agree, on the Bronco side I have 2 already that have talked to smaller local dealers that are delivering their Bronco to them for $350 and $395..

I have visited with both dealers and they are wanting the service and parts business, not elated about losing the sale but gain a local loyal customer...

Ford could care less where they ship the vehicles to that is why they do not dissuade people who call and ask..
Sponsored