First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F Series Trucks
Occupation
Marketing Manager
We wanted to notify this forum that our valued comrade, Albert Schmitz of Granger Ford, passed away yesterday due to lung disease. Albert was a great ambassador for Ford for many years.

Going forward, please send any pricing questions or build requests to Chip Giles at Granger Ford. He has been active in the build/order/delivery process for our dealership for several months now, working alongside Albert. Chip can be reached at 515-999-8211 or the easiest way to get a quote quickly is to send the summary page from the build and price section of www.ford.com to [email protected]. You can normally expect a quote the same day.

We value our relationships with all those we've met through the 14G forum and are proud to have helped make so many dreams come true on Ford truck orders. We look forward to continuing to provide the best prices and top notch service to you.
Sponsored

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
Very sorry to hear of this. Best wishes to his family and friends.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Man, I only ever spoke to him once on the phone and he seemed like a stand-up dude. Sorry to hear.

Sponsored

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
Very sad to hear this. I had worked with Albert years ago as I only live 15 minutes from Granger. This time around, I ended up ordering from a different place that is giving me more for my trade, but Albert was still there to advise and answer questions. The few phone calls we had were much more like talking to a friend than just another sales guy. I’m sure many others have had a similar experience with him.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
Wow. I have to say that I'm shocked to hear this. Prayers and condolences to both his family and the Granger Ford team.

I just spoke with Albert a couple of weeks ago on the phone. He had taken my order in early June. Knowledgeable, kind, and he took his time with me . . . . All of the things that mean something to customers making large purchase decisions.

I appreciated Albert's help immensely. God speed and Grace to him.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
Prayers for Albert's family and the Granger family. I appreciate all that the Granger team has done for this site and can't imagine the loss.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Sorry to hear. Albert will be missed by all that has dealt with @Granger Ford. Stand up guy. Stand up dealership. Thoughts and prayers go out to The Granger family and @GrangerChip!

Sponsored

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platty PB, 18 Audi Q7, 12 Infy G37x
Occupation
IT Professional
This is really sad to hear. I was in touch with Albert 2 weeks ago. I still cannot believe this news.
RIP Albert. Thank you for all the advice you gave me with configuring my truck..

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
wow. My wife and I picked our truck up in February and Albert was the main reason we made the trip all the way out there. What a great guy after the several phone calls we had over the months leading up to purchase. I’m glad I picked a day for pickup that he was working so I was able to shake his hand. RIP bud.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Albert and I actually never spoke on the phone. But we did share many emails especially right after I ordered my truck from him in November. I always had a slight feeling of guilt because I knew he was there to do a job and not write emails. I always kept them about Ford and my experiences with my Fords and sales people I dealt with over the years. He even took the time to answer me on Sundays, which I'm pretty sure was his only day off. I mean who does that? A guy that is honest, genuine, and apparently loves his job. Like many of us he was looking forward to retirement but he was so busy with sales and enjoying his job he kept putting it off. Rest In Peace my friend. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with me. I will be forever grateful.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
My deepest condolences to the entire Granger family. Albert will be sorely missed, he helped and impacted many people.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
RIP Albert. Although I went with a different dealer, only because they had ordered a truck that I could get even with shortages, he was instrumental in guiding me on the order and helped get the best price.

I was going to meet him earlier this year but he was ill at the time, and we couldn't connect.

Condolences to his family and Granger Ford!!
Sponsored