Sleep Mode

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
How many days does it take for sleep mode to set in. Also if the truck isn’t going to driven is scheduled starts the way to go.
Sponsored

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 F150
I'm not sure if it has changed, but when I inquired about it on my '17, in 2018, I was advised that it was set to go into Sleep Mode after 14 days of inactivity.

Mine actually went into Sleep Mode after only 36-48 hours in 2018. It was -30 C for a few days, and it must of drained the battery enough to throw it into Sleep Mode.

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King ranch power boost
No need to schedule starts. just get a battery tender.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
It will depend on the battery charge and weather. I believe that it will go to sleep automatically after a set number of days, but if the battery voltage gets too low, it will also go into sleep mode.

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Mine has yet to go 14 days without being driven since it's my daily. However, I dropped it off a month or so ago for a ceramic coat and notice it went to sleep after one day. Thought that was odd. It's never gone to sleep after one, or even two days of not being started.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I left my truck at the airport for 10 days and it was in sleep mode when I returned. I wasn’t able to start the truck from Ford pass, had to remote start with the key fob. First world problems.

maybe starting it through FordPass every 5-6 days and letting it run for 5 minutes would be enough to keep it from entering sleep mode.

Last edited:

arky

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
My '21 Platinum went into sleep mode in less than 12 hrs recently when trying to start from app.

Drocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i
My '21 Platinum went into sleep mode in less than 12 hrs recently when trying to start from app.
Same here, let me guess the dealer didn't do anything but an update and charge the battery and it still does it?

arky

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Same here, let me guess the dealer didn't do anything but an update and charge the battery and it still does it?
I don't use remote start much, so haven't seen it happen again. If it does, I'm going to try Re-locking first and then Start.
Sponsored