• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
I am struggling to find a difference between these two, actually.
One is PRO, one is XLT, both no tweeters in A-pillar like higher optioned trim levels.
Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
It also works as a height indicator when going into low clearance areas. If the antenna hits, the truck will hit as well.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It also works as a height indicator when going into low clearance areas. If the antenna hits, the truck will hit as well.
No. The antenna is higher then the roof line by a large amount. 4 to 6 inches i would guess

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6Ā½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
A pity he didn't know to look at the charging pedestals to see the rate of charge and capacity. These look like production test vehicles not just pre-production mules. Of course they could still be working on the battery (and I hope their working hardware and software for the touchscreen ā€¦ they must have learned from the Mach-e and they better be fixing those performance and design problems.)
I think 1-pedal is great (some find it tricky to learn to modulate the regen.)
Ford F-150 Lightning Six 2022 F-150 Lightnings spotted charging during testing, w/ first Oxford White look Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.29.14 AM

A pity Trip1 wasn't showing mi/KWh ā€¦ that would have been a clue as to whether the 300 mile range is realistic or if the previous reviewer pic of 472 mile range is still a potential (for an empty long range spec truck under ideal conditions.)
Ford F-150 Lightning Six 2022 F-150 Lightnings spotted charging during testing, w/ first Oxford White look Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.28.31 AM

Ford F-150 Lightning Six 2022 F-150 Lightnings spotted charging during testing, w/ first Oxford White look 1636310300742

ref:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...riving-range-shows-incredible-472-miles.4902/

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
A pity he didn't know to look at the charging pedestals to see the rate of charge and capacity. These look like production test vehicles not just pre-production mules. Of course they could still be working on the battery (and I hope their working hardware and software for the touchscreen ā€¦ they must have learned from the Mach-e and they better be fixing those performance and design problems.)
I think 1-pedal is great (some find it tricky to learn to modulate the regen.)
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.29.14 AM.png

A pity Trip1 wasn't showing mi/KWh ā€¦ that would have been a clue as to whether the 300 mile range is realistic or if the previous reviewer pic of 472 mile range is still a potential (for an empty long range spec truck under ideal conditions.)
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.28.31 AM.png

1636310300742.png

ref:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...riving-range-shows-incredible-472-miles.4902/
Ya. I feel like Ford has maybe turned some of the range indicators off so so that the public can't get a glimpse of it

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Better radio reception when you are far from the station. It is important to Midwest buyers.
Good read about why. I also wondered but Iā€™m a city buyer. I always change it out for a stubby one.

https://corinspired.com/why-do-mode...tning-still-have-such-old-fashioned-antennas/
Interesting, never really thought about it. The little pucks can pick up satellites in space so youā€™d think theyā€™d be better at fm reception. lol

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
A pity he didn't know to look at the charging pedestals to see the rate of charge and capacity.
I'm always excited when someone posts spy videos at an EA station, but no one ever gets a shot of the charging speed. He was right there--all he had to do was tap the charger screen!

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW, Fiat
A pity Trip1 wasn't showing mi/KWh ā€¦ that would have been a clue as to whether the 300 mile range is realistic or if the previous reviewer pic of 472 mile range is still a potential (for an empty long range spec truck under ideal conditions.
At 6:55 in the video it shows the range as 456.9 miles in the instrument cluster display. Unless that is the odometer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
At 6:55 in the video it shows the range as 456.9 miles in the instrument cluster display. Unless that is the odometer.
99 percent sure that is the odometer

Sponsored

MikePinkston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'97 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, never really thought about it. The little pucks can pick up satellites in space so youā€™d think theyā€™d be better at fm reception. lol
Antenna length is a function of frequency. The higher the frequency the shorter then antenna. Satellite communications frequencies are in the gigahertz range so they require very short antennas.

Gary H

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Super Duty
Occupation
Truck Driver
Last Tuesday I watched 6 Lightning being unloaded by the hotelā€™s In Valencia Ca 1 pro 2 Lariats and 2 platinumā€˜s and one wrapped

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
So those pro wheels are growing on me. They look particularly at home on the Oxford White truck. But man... Oxford White really screams work truck, doesn't it? I'm torn if I'll go for Oxford White in lieu of Star White on my XLT or not... Hmm.

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
So those pro wheels are growing on me. They look particularly at home on the Oxford White truck. But man... Oxford White really screams work truck, doesn't it? I'm torn if I'll go for Oxford White in lieu of Star White on my XLT or not... Hmm.
None of the colors are great, except Oxford White. Really wish (beyond the irony) Lead Foot was available or even some fleet colors. https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/dam/aem_fleet/en_us/fleet/orders/vso/VSO_Paint_Selector.pdf
Sponsored