Sponsored

Read a rumor--No RCSB 4x4 5.0 to be built....

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF
Saw a post on FB (........) that stated Ford will not be building any 2024 F-150 RCSB 4x4 5.0's. Sounds like they may make it with an EB ? Can anyone "in the know" confirm or deny this rumor ? I am / was really excited to get my 2024 5.0 order.
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Totally false, the 5.0 is the ONLY engine available in RCSB here on out as that’s what over 80% of buyers optioned in that configuration. Ford has dropped both EcoBoost powertrains altogether for that style truck as demand was too low to justify it with streamlining efforts. Here is 2024 build and price. You can tell them they are totally ass backwards.

Ford F-150 Read a rumor--No RCSB 4x4 5.0 to be built.... IMG_5679

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired USAF
Keeping my fingers crossed it’s only a rumor 🤞🤞

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
Saw a post on FB (........) that stated Ford will not be building any 2024 F-150 RCSB 4x4 5.0's. Sounds like they may make it with an EB ? Can anyone "in the know" confirm or deny this rumor ? I am / was really excited to get my 2024 5.0 order.
I'm on 3 21-23/24 f150 FB groups and pretty active. Which one had that post?

There would be a MOUNTAIN of pissed off buyers all over the FB groups I'm in, foaming at the mouth in rage. This is simply not true.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Pardon the ignorance - what is RCSB?

Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Reactions: sbi

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The 2.7 RWD RCSB was a nice truck, zippy and comfortable. I’ve bumped into a few 21+ regular cab owners that opted for the 3.3, which is also a good engine. The V8 is a waste for city driving, especially when not towing.

If Ford thinks that everyone will just take what they can get; they’re mistaken. People will either keep their old truck longer, or look at other brands.

Toyota’s new Tacoma extra cab is the closest thing that they’ve had to a regular cab in a little while but it’s only with a turbo 4 cylinder. If you are just hauling around pool chemicals or rat/bug poison; there’s less and less options of cheap work trucks that satisfy that role. Auto parts stores have already been switching to shitbox sedans and hatchbacks for the past few years. The old RCSB Tacoma and Ranger used to be ubiquitous in that role.

Ford also dropped the XLT regular cab which is even bigger bullshit. So now you can’t get a cheap, or a nice regular cab. Also, many of the options are more on the XL and incentives are rarely available.

Just a few years ago Farley was talking shit about how they wanted to shift to customer orders and how great it was to have so many options. Totally a bunch of flip flopping and they still can’t build enough Mavericks or body on frame Broncos to sell.

Good thing that they are investing so much into EV trucks :p

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired USAF
I'm on 3 21-23/24 f150 FB groups and pretty active. Which one had that post?

There would be a MOUNTAIN of pissed off buyers all over the FB groups I'm in, foaming at the mouth in rage. This is simply not true.

F150 Regular Cabs. Posted "about a day ago" by Salvatore Luciano... starts off "Just got word on my 2024 order that cord WILL NOT BE Building 5.0 4x4 RCSB applications."

yellow79

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Ford F100 SBSS 86 Turbo Regal 21F150 RCSB
Occupation
retired
Greetings fellow RCSB'ers. Town & Country Ford in Alabama is taking orders for 2024 RCSB with S/C for $46998 + taxes, doc fees...

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Bob’s Pool Care, brought to you by Roush!
At least ole Bob will have no problem finding drivers lol.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
The 2.7 RWD RCSB was a nice truck, zippy and comfortable. I’ve bumped into a few 21+ regular cab owners that opted for the 3.3, which is also a good engine. The V8 is a waste for city driving, especially when not towing.

If Ford thinks that everyone will just take what they can get; they’re mistaken. People will either keep their old truck longer, or look at other brands.

Toyota’s new Tacoma extra cab is the closest thing that they’ve had to a regular cab in a little while but it’s only with a turbo 4 cylinder. If you are just hauling around pool chemicals or rat/bug poison; there’s less and less options of cheap work trucks that satisfy that role. Auto parts stores have already been switching to shitbox sedans and hatchbacks for the past few years. The old RCSB Tacoma and Ranger used to be ubiquitous in that role.

Ford also dropped the XLT regular cab which is even bigger bullshit. So now you can’t get a cheap, or a nice regular cab. Also, many of the options are more on the XL and incentives are rarely available.

Just a few years ago Farley was talking shit about how they wanted to shift to customer orders and how great it was to have so many options. Totally a bunch of flip flopping and they still can’t build enough Mavericks or body on frame Broncos to sell.

Good thing that they are investing so much into EV trucks :p
The XL now has LED reflectors, digital dash and the 12" radio, so in some ways the XL regular cab is nicer than the low trim XLT regular cab of before.

I would really like a rwd 5.0 regular cab. They also have standard 3.73 gears w/ locker where it used to be 3.31. This is, in my opinion of course, a better package than the 21-23 RCSB overall. And for 39k MSRP. If they still offer it in 3 years I will order one for my next truck. I also like the look of the Chevy regular cab, but they really nerf the truck by making it a 4 cylinder only.
Sponsored