• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre-Approval Email From Ford

ChunkyLover78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I know some people mentioned that they received a pre-approval credit for $X amount right before the first wave went out. Can anyone confirm that they were indeed selected for wave 1 after receiving the pre-approval credit?

I just received an email from Ford with a Pre-Approval... probably wishful thinking but never know ?
Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
I received this email and saw that I had been pre-approved on the reservation page right before wave 1. The amount was the same for both. I did not get a wave 1 invite.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I just got the same email. That said, I had previously had the credit thing show in my account but I wasn't wave 1 :(

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I know some people mentioned that they received a pre-approval credit for $X amount right before the first wave went out. Can anyone confirm that they were indeed selected for wave 1 after receiving the pre-approval credit?

I just received an email from Ford with a Pre-Approval... probably wishful thinking but never know ?
I got the preapproval link on the reservation page but did not get a first-wave invite. The pop-up disappeared the same day and is no longer visible on my reservation page. Does it show up on your reservation page? There should be a link next to the "view" link.

Edit: I have an early time stamp (5/19, 8:48 CST). There may be no rhyme or reason for the pre-approval email, but It's possible that only people who were dealer prioritized or have an early time stamp got the email. It's probably wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that only people who have a chance of delivery this year got the email.

Edit 2: the last pre-approval emails went out last Wednesday so maybe there's a pattern.

Edit 3: at least they updated the expiration date--mine is showing 8/31/22 vs 12/31/21 last week.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Krypto

First Name
Krypto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Just got the email for pre-approval, and for a few seconds until I read the e-mail my heart raced hoping I was pre approved to order:)

texastrucker

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Marketing
I got the email as well. Wasn't 1st wave -- hoping for wave 2!

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Same here. First day time stamp, no invitation yet, but approved a few minutes ago for…woo hoo! Eighty. Seven. Thousand. Dollars! I’m rich baby!

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I got the preapproval link on the reservation page but did not get a first-wave invite. The pop-up disappeared the same day and is no longer visible on my reservation page. Does it show up on your reservation page? There should be a link next to the "view" link.

Edit: I have an early time stamp (5/19, 8:48 CST). There may be no rhyme or reason for the pre-approval email, but It's possible that only people who were dealer prioritized or have an early time stamp got the email. It's probably wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that only people who have a chance of delivery this year got the email.

Edit 2: the last pre-approval emails went out last Wednesday so maybe there's a pattern.

Edit 3: at least they updated the expiration date--mine is showing 8/31/22 vs 12/31/21 last week.
Same story. Dealer seems surprised I didn't get a wave 1 invite and I have a super early 5/19 timestamp. Pre-approval amount showed up before invites and remained the same amount for this e-mail. I think Ford just likes yanking us around.

Code: 10803111
Created: 2021-05-20T01:30:36.981Z

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Anybody else laugh at the amount on the pre-approval? Ford must want a vehicle back immediately if I took full advantage.
I'm very certain if I tried to actually get a loan for the full amount of pre-approval I'd be denied.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Just got my credit email as well. I haven’t got one previously. Allegedly I’m #10 of over 400 at my dealer. Reserved 30 min after the show ended.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I do not think there is linkage.

I just got my pre-approval at an email address where I had first asked for updates last year prior to my reservation.

I used another email address for my reservation but have not received any pre-approval at that address.

I had previously used FMC on several vehicles in past years so they had my info.

I was not in the first wave even though I had Priority #1 and first 12 hours Reservation at a small dealership. That dealership had no customers get an invite in the first wave.

Krypto

First Name
Krypto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Just got the pre-approval email too. I was invited to order last week, but haven't ordered yet (and likely won't).
I have lost sleep over the same dilemma; I haven't been invited yet, but question if I really want to order. What was your rational to not order?