Powerboost wouldn’t start today

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I got some pretty good rants on this forum regarding Ford the manufacturer and Ford the Factory Authorized Service Center.

I personally don't think I give them a pass.
But I DO admittedly make the effort NOT to let their shortcomings steal my joy from enjoying this amazing machine.

If I experience the SSN episode, I'm going to roll my eyes, outsmart the truck, get it started and make my way down the road.

At some point, this issue will be more understood, and the fix will exist, and we'll have a new crisis on the forum to discuss. :)

I got unused rear axle bolts and about a dozen heat exchanger tubes in the barn. I've pondered putting quick disconnects on both batteries for the SSN reset, but I've only experienced it once and it solved itself with a key-cycle, so I've never got beyond the pondering stage.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
Did someone mention in this thread that driving the truck in Econ mode would more likely to cause this to happen? Or I misinterpreted it?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't think so. Or at least I don't remember that claim, nor would it seem to hold any kind of logic that I can think of.

WoodBarn Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
Restaurant
I went to go to work yesterday, and nothing. Doors won't unlock, nothing. Ford pass doesn't work, but shows all ok. I called the svc tech, he said to jump it and bring it in. I checked the battery, it was 1.3v. I tried to trickle chg it for 3 hours, still 1.3. I hooked the jumper cables to another truck., they read 14v at the clips. As soon as I clipped them on, they read 1.3v. I tried another charger with jump capability, nothing. I disconnected the battery, put on a different battery and started it. While it was running, I put the old battery back in and it had no problems and read 12v.
I drove it all day, on and off. Open and close the doors, no problem.
It was like it was stuck in a loop that was holding it at 1.3v until I disconnected it.

Anyway, I went to ford, they said it would be 3 to 4 hours. I went and bought a new battery instead.

If it happens again, I'll try to disconnect both batteries and reconnect to see what happens.
I'll also get a charge pack to keep with me. I'm out in the boonies a lot.... don't want issues there...

I'm going to hang on to the motorcraft battery I replaced and see if it lasts or not.

This is mostly the first issue I've had. And didn't get much low power warning before. Maybe a couple over a weeks time. Most days I drove about 5 miles to work and back. I've had it 1 year.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I went to go to work yesterday, and nothing. Doors won't unlock, nothing. Ford pass doesn't work, but shows all ok. I called the svc tech, he said to jump it and bring it in. I checked the battery, it was 1.3v. I tried to trickle chg it for 3 hours, still 1.3. I hooked the jumper cables to another truck., they read 14v at the clips. As soon as I clipped them on, they read 1.3v. I tried another charger with jump capability, nothing. I disconnected the battery, put on a different battery and started it. While it was running, I put the old battery back in and it had no problems and read 12v.
I drove it all day, on and off. Open and close the doors, no problem.
It was like it was stuck in a loop that was holding it at 1.3v until I disconnected it.

Anyway, I went to ford, they said it would be 3 to 4 hours. I went and bought a new battery instead.

If it happens again, I'll try to disconnect both batteries and reconnect to see what happens.
I'll also get a charge pack to keep with me. I'm out in the boonies a lot.... don't want issues there...

I'm going to hang on to the motorcraft battery I replaced and see if it lasts or not.

This is mostly the first issue I've had. And didn't get much low power warning before. Maybe a couple over a weeks time. Most days I drove about 5 miles to work and back. I've had it 1 year.
1.3v? Do you have any electrical accessories? Is your truck up to date? It could have been that random headlight issue where the headlights turn on and drain the batt -- haven't seen that issue for a while but a truck not getting updates could still be a victim of it.

Sponsored

WoodBarn Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
Restaurant
I just have kings ranch pb. Nothing added.
I think I would have known if the headlights were on. They shine pretty near the bedroom. Ha.

Why would the battery immediately be back to 12v after ? It's very strange.

WoodBarn Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
Restaurant
As far as being up to date, how would I check? I thought they all updated over the air automatically....

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No BCM update available so probably not the headlight issue.
Ford F-150 Powerboost wouldn’t start today 1712610845414-uj

Have you been getting updates? I'd expect to see the GWM / TCU updating at least, GWM unlocks the new sync update too.

WoodBarn Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
Restaurant
No BCM update available so probably not the headlight issue.
1712610845414-uj.png

Have you been getting updates? I'd expect to see the GWM / TCU updating at least, GWM unlocks the new sync update too.
I
Haven't seen any come through
It said last one was Jan 30th.
I went to the update in the truck screen and it said none available.
Sponsored