PowerBoost Cold Start Idle Noise

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I used the remote start on my powerboost today (-20C weather), and came outside to find my truck making a loud and terrible noise (I thought something was about to catastrophically fail). The sound seems to be coming from underneath the truck, and went away after the engine warmed up and shut off. Any idea where this might be coming from?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I used the remote start on my powerboost today (-20C weather), and came outside to find my truck making a loud and terrible noise (I thought something was about to catastrophically fail). The sound seems to be coming from underneath the truck, and went away after the engine warmed up and shut off. Any idea where this might be coming from?
Good morning! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN so I can look into your trucks starting concerns on my end?

Marty811

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR Powerboost, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
My Powerboost sounded exactly the same when I started mine in an outside temperature of zero F. I said to myself it sounds like a diesel!
It went away after idling a few minutes.

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve experienced this with mine as well on a very cold morning a few weeks back. It has not repeated since. But that does not mean there isn’t a problem.
Sponsored