Powerboost no start

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
It looks like they do have some new stuff fresh on the market. The transmission was crazy smooth. It feels a little low to the ground, but I was imprssed overall. I am in the middle of a multi-day power outage and am reminded why I chose the Powerboost to begin with, lol. Still yet to make a decision on new truck yet.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
It looks like they do have some new stuff fresh on the market. The transmission was crazy smooth. It feels a little low to the ground, but I was imprssed overall. I am in the middle of a multi-day power outage and am reminded why I chose the Powerboost to begin with, lol. Still yet to make a decision on new truck yet.
For about $900 +/- you can get a Generac 5500 watt gennie and do just what the Powerboost does without any rewiring the entire home breaker system. Ran my entire house in Florida with one except for the a/c. Just backfeed into a 220 plug or transfer switch.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
For about $900 +/- you can get a Generac 5500 watt gennie and do just what the Powerboost does without any rewiring the entire home breaker system. Ran my entire house in Florida with one except for the a/c. Just backfeed into a 220 plug or transfer switch.
Agree, it's almost that simple. I'm in a zone which kinda requires standby generators to be available all year and the PB is there to make sure "1 is none and 2 is one" never rears it's ugly head. In addition to a very quiet Honda generator and the PB, I also have solar panels and battery storage which can feed up to 30a for an extended period of time. So, I'm doing 3 is 2, just to be sure...

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Just had my new truck delivered today. Ended up buying the Baby Duramax Denali. I love how smooth it is. Fuel Tank Range is 600 miles which is more than I was getting on a tank in my Powernboost. Has a lot of cool features and also missing a few the F150 had, but I hope to be happy with it. The cameras on the truck are pretty insane. First GM for me, but the new models have come so far from the old gm trucks that were so far behind tech wise.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Just had my new truck delivered today. Ended up buying the Baby Duramax Denali. I love how smooth it is. Fuel Tank Range is 600 miles which is more than I was getting on a tank in my Powernboost. Has a lot of cool features and also missing a few the F150 had, but I hope to be happy with it. The cameras on the truck are pretty insane. First GM for me, but the new models have come so far from the old gm trucks that were so far behind tech wise.
A lot of the infotainment experience is due to the superior code and CPU (which still sucks in terms of modern tech) vs sync 4. Both are pathetic cheap POSs. We're talking sub $30 products here. GM's advantage is the android auto as google can code better than ford. The new qulacomm powered stuff will smoke them both in terms of raw performance depending on the task -- 6 to 19x faster. Code also has a lot to do with it. I'd bet half of ford's code is pure bloat in the form of notation and inefficient execution.

The F35 fighter's new CPU is a 13th gen intel desktop CPU that's ~20x as powerful than what it's got in it currently. Even the military runs on well-dated products. One potential benefit on the military side is that they can connect a GPU array to it for advanced Ai capabilities.

Tesla went the smart route and developed their own silicon for their new hardware that launched under the designation v4.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150, 2023 aviator
Occupation
Auditor
Hopefully I’ll be looking for something else soon. My 2023 platinum powerboost with 1,800 miles has been at the dealership 131 days today, with two times factory techs were supposed to come look at it (neither time did they show up) and a promised magical software updated on august 7 that never happened. FMC quality and customer service are both crap (this was a replacement for a 2022 that lasted all of 5k miles…).

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Hopefully I’ll be looking for something else soon. My 2023 platinum powerboost with 1,800 miles has been at the dealership 131 days today, with two times factory techs were supposed to come look at it (neither time did they show up) and a promised magical software updated on august 7 that never happened. FMC quality and customer service are both crap (this was a replacement for a 2022 that lasted all of 5k miles…).
Wow. I finally decided I couldn't go back to a powerboost after the 2021. So far no troubles and loving the duramax. I hope you didn't have a ton of aftermarket in either of your trucks. I had about $10K in extra stuff in mine that I lost. Then also lost 0% interest. Passed up better deals on the Ford instead of repurchasing one. Best of Luck.

trabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost, 2016 Highlander
Occupation
Titanium and Plastic
Hey man, do some of the things recommended on this site! Change the battery, change the wiring harness. The dealer doesn't give a fuck about you. Take control of your truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not all consumers are willing to take matters into their own hands.
I can't fault them for taking that approach, but these days the likelihood of finding genuinely empathetic customer service is..... Well, not so common.

131 days is insane.
If it were not drivable, there wouldn't be much you could do. But is that the case?

The disparity between the tactics that various owners, with this no-start issue, have taken is amazing to read.

Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150, 2023 aviator
Occupation
Auditor
Yeah, not really drivable. Ford was supposed to send factory techs twice and never have, and there was supposed to be a fix in aug 7 that never came. The service writers try to drive it some per Ford request. Last week they made it a block before it died.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If your truck is dying while you drive it, I don't believe the issue is what most are discussing with the "no start" issue.

trabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost, 2016 Highlander
Occupation
Titanium and Plastic
Yeah, not really drivable. Ford was supposed to send factory techs twice and never have, and there was supposed to be a fix in aug 7 that never came. The service writers try to drive it some per Ford request. Last week they made it a block before it died.
I have so many questions but you seem to be content with the status quo. For me, I'd have that thing apart in my driveway before I let it sit in the dealer's hands for 131 days. Have you had a loaner this whole time?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150, 2023 aviator
Occupation
Auditor
It started out as the issue not starting, and now has died with them, along with the original issue and a few other things, like warnings that the tailgate is ajar and what not. I had a loaner for a while, borrowed and some rental. It’s never ending. With 1,800 miles and has been at the dealership longer than I had it to use. Just getting the runaround and BS from ford customer care. Never calling when promised and never having a clue what’s happening. After 25+ fords and Lincoln’s the last 20 years, this will be my last one.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm having difficulty with the dealership's language.
I just don't know if I can believe "it died on them"
Such an un-expertise statement, and wreaks of how some service folks talk down to customers.

I could be wrong, of course.

It comes from decades of IT support and hearing the language of the customer (internal) with phrases "like xxxx crashed", or "yyy is down". When in reality those statements are nowhere near accurate.

In your truck's case I realize I'm inferring the reverse. It's the so called experts telling the customer "it crashed"

Regardless of whatever the truth is, the sad part of this story is the customer has had his goodwill tank emptied. That's rarely something recoverable.
Sponsored