First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Do6i have had an issue with the truck not starting. It turns on briefly and all the warning lights come on. The first 2 times it started within an hour with the check engine light on. The dealership couldn't duplicate and downloaded a tsb fix the first try. Anyway, it didn't fix itself this time and it was hauled to the dealership. Hopefully they can determine what is causing the problem. I suspect I'll get an update Monday.
Ford F-150 Powerboost no start 20211008_115003

At least I found the emergency park release under the steering column. It's still a pain to move it because it would keep setting the parking brake. I actually had to keep the parking brake button pushed until it was up on the wrecker.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I guess it's the hybrid drive.... At least that's what Ford has determined and part's on order....

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Hopefully it won't take too long. I wonder what the "hybrid drive" actually means or is. Like is it the tranny or the wiring harness or a module of some type. I recall a previous post that the poster had the harness replaced I think.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Hopefully it won't take too long. I wonder what the "hybrid drive" actually means or is. Like is it the tranny or the wiring harness or a module of some type. I recall a previous post that the poster had the harness replaced I think.
Guessing it's the electric motor....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I should be able to find out if the dumb thing is available or if it's unobtainium and on galactic backorder tomorrow. I hope anyway.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
So the dealership called and the part is available. ? 4-5 day ship time so it'll the first of the week before it arrives.​
I asked him a little more about what it is. It's the hybrid motor and it comes with a new torque converter. The trans comes out to get to it. Once they start on the repair (heavy mechanic) it stays on the hoist. That means they'll stay on it until they finish the replacement because they don't want to tie up a lift with no work going on.​
They expect to get the truck back to me quickly after buttoning it up. They'll give it a shakedown run, check for leaks and hopefully send it.​

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Finally the truck made it to a hoist Friday. I suspect it should be finished Monday. Hoping to get it back next week. Hoping the repair actually actually fixes it.

rgleave0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Powerboost
Finally the truck made it to a hoist Friday. I suspect it should be finished Monday. Hoping to get it back next week. Hoping the repair actually actually fixes it.
Did this fix the issue? New owner, same issue, sadly...

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Did this fix the issue? New owner, same issue, sadly...
Yes, I haven't had any other issues since. It was around an $8,000 warranty claim. Over a year since the repair and all it's been in for was The Works oil change. Waiting for parts on the wiper recall. Mine are working fine.

Sponsored

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
I had similar issue Monday night on my 2021 Platinum Powerboost with 22k mikes. Filled up with gas and got back in and truck wouldn’t start. Tried jumping. Eventually had to have it towed. Getting truck in neutral and then the power break issue was ridiculous getting it on the tow. Then the dealer jacked up my rear bumper trying to get it into the shop. Guessing it had to do with the neutral shift or parking break making it impossible to move if it won’t start. Still have no answers on the issue, but at least I was given a loaner this time. The truck was in the shop last year at 12K miles for a month and a half for battery issues. No loaner was ever given during that issue. But I got a loaner pretty quick this time, maybe because they wrecked my bumper. Starting to think I have a jinxed truck, or a lemon. Will get rid of it as soon as I can afford to or before warranty runs out for sure.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I had similar issue Monday night on my 2021 Platinum Powerboost with 22k mikes. Filled up with gas and got back in and truck wouldn’t start. Tried jumping. Eventually had to have it towed. Getting truck in neutral and then the power break issue was ridiculous getting it on the tow. Then the dealer jacked up my rear bumper trying to get it into the shop. Guessing it had to do with the neutral shift or parking break making it impossible to move if it won’t start. Still have no answers on the issue, but at least I was given a loaner this time. The truck was in the shop last year at 12K miles for a month and a half for battery issues. No loaner was ever given during that issue. But I got a loaner pretty quick this time, maybe because they wrecked my bumper. Starting to think I have a jinxed truck, or a lemon. Will get rid of it as soon as I can afford to or before warranty runs out for sure.
Getting a Powerboost that won't start on a rollback is a pain in rear. It's a 2 person operation. One in the truck, that was me, and the wrecker operator winching the truck on. There's a release under the steering column. Anyway, good luck.

In the above post I did say mine was fine. That was mostly true other than the fact I was always staring at the dash looking for the green ready light to come on. Anyway, I decided to move on from it.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Getting a Powerboost that won't start on a rollback is a pain in rear. It's a 2 person operation. One in the truck, that was me, and the wrecker operator winching the truck on. There's a release under the steering column. Anyway, good luck.
Found the page! See page 288-290 in the PDF manual. Picture:

Ford F-150 Powerboost no start manual park release.JPG

Knowing this now, it's troubling to see Ford asking someone to stay in an inop vehicle whilst being loaded or towed. On the hook, being winched up the incline is the time for the stuff to hit the fan! I'm not keen on doing it on the shoulder of the expressway. SILLY Ford!

Last edited:

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
It is pretty insane. I love the truck and the features. The onboard 7.2K is awesome. But the really bad thing about it is if there is an issue there is pretty much no driving it or fixing it to drive it. You are stuck where you’re at and dependant on a tow. Still no idea what’s wrong with the truck, but I’ve never had a truck that I couldn’t at least fix or start it to get it where it needed to go.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
It is pretty insane. I love the truck and the features. The onboard 7.2K is awesome. But the really bad thing about it is if there is an issue there is pretty much no driving it or fixing it to drive it. You are stuck where you’re at and dependant on a tow. Still no idea what’s wrong with the truck, but I’ve never had a truck that I couldn’t at least fix or start it to get it where it needed to go.
Yep, when the hybrid drive goes haywire the truck should be able to start and run on the 3.5l Ecoboost somehow. That was the major reason for me to move on from it.
Sponsored