richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Toyota has a Hybrid.
Literally a Toyota plagerized version of the Powerboost, (3.5 liter Twin Turbo VVT V6) except according to Toyota spokesman, their customers weren't interested in a generator onboard. šŸ™„

So why the Ram, considering your desire for a Hybrid?
First and foremost, I needed a truck for truck things. A generator is awesome but not the reason I own a truck at the moment. I will desire that again someday, but donā€™t ā€œneedā€ it and can live without it.

Didnā€™t ever see myself in a Ram until I drove oneā€¦ thatā€™s the gist. $15k off MSRP on a Laramie didnā€™t hurt.

Iā€™ve owned Toyotas and test drove the Tundra again. Yā€™all know why itā€™s just not a very compelling choice.

I tried to stay in my F150 but at some point I decided that since Iā€™m not on their payroll, I really shouldnā€™t have been working so hard for them.
Sponsored

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Just an update. My truck is being bought back as a lemon. It sat at the dealer for almost 70 days and was pulled apart and put back together twice. Already a lemon at that point they did advise they fixed it and I got it back the day before a trip to Florida. I left it in my driveway and borrowed my Dad's work truck for the trip. Once back from the trip, I drove it 3 days before it locked in neutral, even when it was in Park, alert was the vehicle could not turn off unless in Park. I was able to pull the lever to put it in neutral and get it unlocked after about an hour but seemed to be stuck in 4-wheel drive. At that point I just drove it to the dealer and left it. It was not giving any service alert or 4 wheel drive message at all.

I am waiting for the check from Ford now to purchase a new vehicle and should have it this week. The fact it is not drivable, took out 2 options from the Lemon repurchase program which were to drive it and order a new ford, or keep and receive a sum of cash. So now once I get my check, I can go with another Ford and get a few discounts on a new truck if I decide to buy and replace wirh a new Ford, or just buy anything used or brand other than Ford. I am losing my 0% interest and most of the cost for all the aftermarket stuff I had added. Can't really replace it with a brand-new Ford for what I have in the current truck and with what the interest rates are now. Not coming away great or in a positive place with the repurchase options at all.

If I go with a 3/4 ton I can at least afford to replace with a new Chevy or GMC, or any half ton pickups out there aside from the Ford(with all the add-ons I had), lol. The 2024's GMs are much better than previous models that I have never been a fan of.

I am priced out of replacing with a Ford because the MSRPs are $6-$10K more now than when I bought mine and F250s are untouchable. It has been a long year and a half with the truck that is for sure. I am just happy to move on from it and be done with it, hopefully as of tomorrow. I am open to opinions on a new truck if any out there.
That really stinks. I'm not sure I'd be sticking with Ford with your experience. Losing the 0% APR on a loan is a big deal to me and I can see it is to you too. Wish you the best with your next truck.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Just an update. My truck is being bought back as a lemon. It sat at the dealer for almost 70 days and was pulled apart and put back together twice. Already a lemon at that point they did advise they fixed it and I got it back the day before a trip to Florida. I left it in my driveway and borrowed my Dad's work truck for the trip. Once back from the trip, I drove it 3 days before it locked in neutral, even when it was in Park, alert was the vehicle could not turn off unless in Park. I was able to pull the lever to put it in neutral and get it unlocked after about an hour but seemed to be stuck in 4-wheel drive. At that point I just drove it to the dealer and left it. It was not giving any service alert or 4 wheel drive message at all.

I am waiting for the check from Ford now to purchase a new vehicle and should have it this week. The fact it is not drivable, took out 2 options from the Lemon repurchase program which were to drive it and order a new ford, or keep and receive a sum of cash. So now once I get my check, I can go with another Ford and get a few discounts on a new truck if I decide to buy and replace wirh a new Ford, or just buy anything used or brand other than Ford. I am losing my 0% interest and most of the cost for all the aftermarket stuff I had added. Can't really replace it with a brand-new Ford for what I have in the current truck and with what the interest rates are now. Not coming away great or in a positive place with the repurchase options at all.

If I go with a 3/4 ton I can at least afford to replace with a new Chevy or GMC, or any half ton pickups out there aside from the Ford(with all the add-ons I had), lol. The 2024's GMs are much better than previous models that I have never been a fan of.

I am priced out of replacing with a Ford because the MSRPs are $6-$10K more now than when I bought mine and F250s are untouchable. It has been a long year and a half with the truck that is for sure. I am just happy to move on from it and be done with it, hopefully as of tomorrow. I am open to opinions on a new truck if any out there.
Good luck. I understand your frustration as I had a horrible experience to the beginning of my new truck ownership (that's another story). If you buy another Ford, go through Granger to get the best discount you can (order or off the lot).

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Not Familiar with Granger? I am for sure not going with another powerboost or Hybrid. Pretty set on going back to a diesel and likely 3/4 ton.

GM makes a 3.0 duramx in their half tons, so I am going to look at those. Along with the 6.6 Duramax, or a used F250. but can only afford a 2 year old truck if I go Ford VS brand new with others.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm not a CR fanboy by any means but this was on Ford Authority.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/2023-ford-f-150-should-be-avoided-consumer-reports/

Ford has been resting on their laurels for a number of years and now it's biting them in the rear. The Powerboost is fine until there's an issue with it. No one in the Ford dealer system seems to be able to properly diagnose and then fix them in any kind of prompt fashion. Ford lost me with the Powerboost and now they can't seem to build anything 100% complete. I would have considered a new King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost but I won't accept a high end truck missing standard features. I bought my first new F100 back in 1978. A black short box and I bought a lot of them between then and now. I'm certain I'm not the only one they've chased away.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I'm not a CR fanboy by any means but this was on Ford Authority.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/2023-ford-f-150-should-be-avoided-consumer-reports/

Ford has been resting on their laurels for a number of years and now it's biting them in the rear. The Powerboost is fine until there's an issue with it. No one in the Ford dealer system seems to be able to properly diagnose and then fix them in any kind of prompt fashion. Ford lost me with the Powerboost and now they can't seem to build anything 100% complete. I would have considered a new King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost but I won't accept a high end truck missing standard features. I bought my first new F100 back in 1978. A black short box and I bought a lot of them between then and now. I'm certain I'm not the only one they've chased away.
I know you had a bad experience but I'm gonna call b.s. on that report.

Did Ford change anything in 23, that would affect ride and handling? Don't think so.

My 23 came with an 800 CCA battery, hopefully bypassing the reliability issues caused by either bad, or undersized batts of previous years.

Otherwise, I'm too new to have much of an opinion but don't worry, I won't be bashful if things go sideways.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 23 came with an 800 CCA battery, hopefully bypassing the reliability issues caused by either bad, or undersized batts of previous years.
BTW, I took some crude voltage measurements last night and this morn. Just a voltmeter on the batt posts and I didn't log the times. Just wanted to get some general ideas of what was going on.

Put 400 and some miles on it Tues. so, should have been fully charged.

Yesterday, spent a fair amount of time in accessory mode, learning and setting up the various features. Memory seats, pedals and mirrors, radio presets etc. etc. so the batt had some work out but finished the day with everything turned off and the hood up, at eco idle until it shut itself off, to fully charge the batts.

Just before it shut itself off, the starting bat was reading 12.84V. Jumped to 12.90V at shut off.

Shut off the ignition, locked the truck, leaving the hood up and kept the fob well away from the truck for the rest of the test.

A couple hrs. later it was back to 12.84. A couple hrs. after that, 12.74. Just now, 12.69.

Until I need to drive it, I'll keep taking readings, assuring not to wake it up with the fob or door handles, tailgate etc.

I do have auto updates enabled.

FWIW.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Not Familiar with Granger? I am for sure not going with another powerboost or Hybrid. Pretty set on going back to a diesel and likely 3/4 ton.

GM makes a 3.0 duramx in their half tons, so I am going to look at those. Along with the 6.6 Duramax, or a used F250. but can only afford a 2 year old truck if I go Ford VS brand new with others.
3 percent under invoice on orders for F-150s. Discounts on lot inventory, as well.

They are about 6.5 hours north of you. I ordered mine from them, drove my trade up there, spent the night, and picked up my truck the next morning. I drove back to Fort Worth the same day.

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Thank You guys for the CR report and info on Granger. I've owned nothing but F250s before I bought the Powerboost. I sold my last F250 with the market sway once I saw and researched the Powerboost. Thought it would be all I need and loaded it out, lol.

I looked at a 2024 Chevy high country 3/4 ton and was pretty impressed. Will drive a Denali in the 3.0 duramax this weekend. May check out the Ecoboost because I get extra cash if I buy a new ford. Wish the F250s were even close to affordable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Thank You guys for the CR report and info on Granger. I've owned nothing but F250s before I bought the Powerboost. I sold my last F250 with the market sway once I saw and researched the Powerboost. Thought it would be all I need and loaded it out, lol.

I looked at a 2024 Chevy high country 3/4 ton and was pretty impressed. Will drive a Denali in the 3.0 duramax this weekend. May check out the Ecoboost because I get extra cash if I buy a new ford. Wish the F250s were even close to affordable.
My marina boat neighbor has a baby Duramax in his 2022 GMC. After not seeing him since last fall he still has it and is still raving about it and the great mpg's he's getting (25+ highway according to him).

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BTW, I took some crude voltage measurements last night and this morn. Just a voltmeter on the batt posts and I didn't log the times. Just wanted to get some general ideas of what was going on.

Put 400 and some miles on it Tues. so, should have been fully charged.

Yesterday, spent a fair amount of time in accessory mode, learning and setting up the various features. Memory seats, pedals and mirrors, radio presets etc. etc. so the batt had some work out but finished the day with everything turned off and the hood up, at eco idle until it shut itself off, to fully charge the batts.

Just before it shut itself off, the starting bat was reading 12.84V. Jumped to 12.90V at shut off.

Shut off the ignition, locked the truck, leaving the hood up and kept the fob well away from the truck for the rest of the test.

A couple hrs. later it was back to 12.84. A couple hrs. after that, 12.74. Just now, 12.69.

Until I need to drive it, I'll keep taking readings, assuring not to wake it up with the fob or door handles, tailgate etc.

I do have auto updates enabled.

FWIW.
Just took another reading. 12.68V

So, maybe whatever battery drains have afflicted others, don't see to be hitting me.

For now anyway.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
My dad has a 2022 Denali Ultimate with the 3.0 Duramax and loves it. I haven't driven it but have ridden with him, and the 10R80 trans definitely feels smoother than in my truck. He also raves about the fuel economy, getting in the high 20s without much effort. Doesn't hurt that diesel is now comparably priced to gas around here.

Editing to add that the Ultimate is certainly a nice truck, but the seats are pretty hard, and I don't feel GMC did a great job with some of the packaging inside; storage cubbies are somewhat lacking in size and quantity. I think his 2020 Denali actually had more interior storage, albeit with a very dated dash.

Editing again to add that if Ram could finally update their powertrains, they'd win over a lot more Ford and GM guys. That Hurricane can't come soon enough (assuming it includes a significant MPG improvement over the 5.7 Hemi).

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Just can't do a Dodge, lol. They cost just as much as the Fords now. The 3.0 duramax is sounding pretty good for the price I am seeing on them and what you all are saying. Will look at what kind of tuners etc that may be able to put on it. Will drive one tomorrow. There are quite a few of them out there and seem reasonably priced for what you get. Will look at the Denali only probably if I decide on a GM.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
My dad has a 2022 Denali Ultimate with the 3.0 Duramax and loves it. I haven't driven it but have ridden with him, and the 10R80 trans definitely feels smoother than in my truck. He also raves about the fuel economy, getting in the high 20s without much effort. Doesn't hurt that diesel is now comparably priced to gas around here.

Editing to add that the Ultimate is certainly a nice truck, but the seats are pretty hard, and I don't feel GMC did a great job with some of the packaging inside; storage cubbies are somewhat lacking in size and quantity. I think his 2020 Denali actually had more interior storage, albeit with a very dated dash.
Yes the center console storage is smaller but 2 glove boxes are nearly identical. Underseat storage same. Plus there's storage in each rear seat back that holds quite a bit.

Seats? Leather softer than my Platinum. More like the King Ranch. Leather just gets softer with use. Just like shoes and watchbands. They need to break in. If your buddies Ultimate is new, the seats will feel a bit stiff if compared to a truck with leather seats and 10,000 plus miles on it.
Sponsored